Is there a Linux version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there a Linux version?

I installed Wow Classic on my Steam Deck.
    Is there a Linux version for Zygor?

There are no official linux versions of our desktop app. There used to be an unofficial one but that has not been updated in over a year and to the best of my knowledge that one no longer works.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Is there a way to just use the "Leveling guides" in Wow Classic?

Without installing the desktop app?

Comment

Yes, install them onto a desktop computer and then copy the Zygor folder that is inside your wow/classic/interface/addons folder over to the same folder on the steam deck via usb.

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
          Yes, install them onto a desktop computer and then copy the Zygor folder that is inside your wow/classic/interface/addons folder over to the same folder on the steam deck via usb.
          I downloaded the manual install zip file, and got it installed no problem. But I was wondering about updates, when the update for the Halloween event goes out, will I have to re-dl the zip file? Will that link be updated? Sadly I removed my windows partition a few months ago I tried the client under Wine, but not much luck.

Comment

Yes, you will have to download again. That link works the same way as the desktop app in that when you click the link the zip file is built right then on demand so that it will always be able to deliver the same files you would get with the desktop app and is always up to date.

Comment

Originally posted by richlira View Post
              I installed Wow Classic on my Steam Deck.
              Is there a Linux version for Zygor?
              Hey I managed to get the Zygor client installed for use on my Deck.
              I wrote this up for retail, but it's the same for classic. Anywhere it says _retail_ below, replace with classic.
              1. Enter desktop mode on your deck
              2. Open dolphin browser and navigate to where you have installed WoW. Assuming you have installed it through Battlenet installed through Steam, you should find it at
                \home\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\compatdata\{gameID}\pfx\drive_c\Program Files (x86)\
                1. gameID will be a line of numbers. You may have to dig through a few folders to find the right one. If wow was the last thing you installed, it may be the most recently updated folder. If you chose the right one, the wow folder will be in the path above.
              3. Drag the World of Warcraft folder to the Home section on the left side of Dolphin browser. Make sure you select Link Here. Very important you select that option.
              4. Download the Zygor windows installer
              5. Add the installer executable to steam as a non-game application
              6. Set the compatibility to Proton 7.0-5 or whatever works. Both 7.0-5 and experimental worked for me.
              7. Launch the installer through the steam library
              8. Once you complete the installation process, remove that installer from the steam library.
              9. Add another non-steam game to your library.
                1. For this executable you need to navigate to
                2. \home\deck\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\compatdata \{gameID}\pfx\drive_c\users\steamuser\AppData\Local\Zygor\Z ygor.exe
                  1. Just like in step 2.1
              10. Add that to the library. Configure the compatibility settings the same as step 6.
              11. Launch Zygor through the steam library (it might not say "playing" and look like it's doing nothing, just wait and it should open)
              12. After you sign in, enter the Zygor options and go to the directories tab
              13. Click the pencil edit icon next to the first field. Click browse for the first field.
              14. Navigate to \home\deck\World of Warcraft\_retail_\ and click open
              15. Do the same thing for the next two directories, but make sure the second points to _retail_\Wow.exe and the third points to \_retail_\Interface\AddOns
              16. Click the green check mark to save. Go back to the main screen. Now you can click install for the classic content.
              When you want to check for Zygor updates you can launch it through steam while in desktop mode. Launching it in deck mode is iffy for me, often doesn't open at all.
              If you run into any issues I'll do my best to help.
              Last edited by tinybabyowl; January 7, 2023, 10:42 PM.

Comment

This absolutely works for anyone looking to use zygor on steam deck. I had to use proton experimental, but other than that zero issues.

Comment

Originally posted by tinybabyowl View Post

Hey I managed to get the Zygor client installed for use on my Deck.
                  I wrote this up for retail, but it's the same for classic. Anywhere it says _retail_ below, replace with classic.
                  1. Enter desktop mode on your deck
                  2. Open dolphin browser and navigate to where you have installed WoW. Assuming you have installed it through Battlenet installed through Steam, you should find it at
                    \home\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\compatdata\{gameID}\pfx\drive_c\Program Files (x86)\
                    1. gameID will be a line of numbers. You may have to dig through a few folders to find the right one. If wow was the last thing you installed, it may be the most recently updated folder. If you chose the right one, the wow folder will be in the path above.
                  3. Drag the World of Warcraft folder to the Home section on the left side of Dolphin browser. Make sure you select Link Here. Very important you select that option.
                  4. Download the Zygor windows installer
                  5. Add the installer executable to steam as a non-game application
                  6. Set the compatibility to Proton 7.0-5 or whatever works. Both 7.0-5 and experimental worked for me.
                  7. Launch the installer through the steam library
                  8. Once you complete the installation process, remove that installer from the steam library.
                  9. Add another non-steam game to your library.
                    1. For this executable you need to navigate to
                    2. \home\deck\.local\share\Steam\steamapps\compatdata \{gameID}\pfx\drive_c\users\steamuser\AppData\Local\Zygor\Z ygor.exe
                      1. Just like in step 2.1
                  10. Add that to the library. Configure the compatibility settings the same as step 6.
                  11. Launch Zygor through the steam library (it might not say "playing" and look like it's doing nothing, just wait and it should open)
                  12. After you sign in, enter the Zygor options and go to the directories tab
                  13. Click the pencil edit icon next to the first field. Click browse for the first field.
                  14. Navigate to \home\deck\World of Warcraft\_retail_\ and click open
                  15. Do the same thing for the next two directories, but make sure the second points to _retail_\Wow.exe and the third points to \_retail_\Interface\AddOns
                  16. Click the green check mark to save. Go back to the main screen. Now you can click install for the classic content.
                  When you want to check for Zygor updates you can launch it through steam while in desktop mode. Launching it in deck mode is iffy for me, often doesn't open at all.
                  If you run into any issues I'll do my best to help.
                  Just followed your directions to a T and it worked flawlessly, thank you!! Us Steam Deckers gotta stick together!

Comment

Working...
                  X