Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuttering in Dragonflight

Morning,

Looking for some help please. I currently have stuttering issues in game when Zygor is enabled. If I disable it, the stuttering goes away. I did quite a lot of research yesterday into stuttering issues in Dragonflight and ran through various checks, updating OS drivers, graphics card drivers, repairing WoW, adding in the GxAllowCachelessShaderMode 0, sfc /scannow, chkdsk, messed with in game graphics settings, vsync etc etc but nothing fixed it.

Did more research this morning and noticed if I hover over the Game Menu in game to display the addon memory usage, every time the size of Zygor changes, I get a microstutter. Standing on one spot strafing side to side causes a microstutter every time the addon usage changes.

If I disable Zygor, the microstuttering goes away. I've tried reinstalling Zygor and doing a full guide reset as when I log in, WoW crashes for about 5 seconds before responding again. https://zygorguides.com/forum/forum/...add-on-enabled - this didn't resolve my issue either.

Anything else I can try please?

Thanks.

Try this for a test. Exit the game, go to your wow/retail folder, and rename the WTF folder to WTF.Old. Then go in game to test.

This will make the game and all addons act as if it is a fresh install. If this does not fix the stuttering you can rename the WTF.Old back to normal to get all of your settings back.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support 1 View Post
      Try this for a test. Exit the game, go to your wow/retail folder, and rename the WTF folder to WTF.Old. Then go in game to test.

This will make the game and all addons act as if it is a fresh install. If this does not fix the stuttering you can rename the WTF.Old back to normal to get all of your settings back.
      Didn't work. Ran a few feet and tried strafing again, same issue. Also the same issue when logging in where WoW crashes for 5-10 seconds, sometimes going fully unresponsive. Whenever the instruction on the quest changes etc it also stutters.

Currently running on the minimum possible settings with Zygor enabled getting 200+ fps, still stuttering. For context I have a i7-6800k, 16GB Ram, GTX 2060 Super 8GB, WoW running on a M.2 SSD. When in game i'm using ~20-30% CPU usage, 60-70% RAM and 40-50% GPU. Tried limiting RAM usage in Opera GX etc but as i'm not on the limit, this also made no difference.
      Turned Zygor off, still 200+ fps, no stuttering.
      Annoying as I've used it for a few months on WoTLK and had no issues!
      Last edited by e0turnerl; December 4, 2022, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Is your current issue in DF or Wrath?

Comment

Is your current issue in DF or Wrath?
          Current issue is in DF.

Comment

This is also happening to me, getting 260MB addon usage and stuttering when I try to move. If I try to open the gold guide my game locks up and won't respond, forcing me to end the process.

Comment

This is with dragonflight retail.Same issue here,i actually went a step further into diagnosing these issues with stuttering with dragonflight,I renamed my addons folder to Addons1 so in effect that made my old addons inaccessible,so when i launched the game no addons showed.
              Then i recreated the addons folder and started adding my addons 1 by 1.I started off by adding ZYGOR Addon and immediately the stuttering began,so i thought ok lets remove zygor and see what happens,after removing Zygor the stuttering went away and framerate returned to normal.Definitely an issue with the Zygor Addon here causing the stuttering issues,it has nothing to do with the game settings etc,Zygors addon is at fault.Please fix this as we do actually pay for this and as others have also said the addon memory this uses is 260mb+ at times,theres no way an addon should use this kind of memory.Fault lies with zygor addon,please fix this so the game can actually be playable without stuttering.Also what i have noticed with the guides as well is completely at random the addon keeps flashing up saying it has found a new hunter pet available.Could this be the cause of things i honestly dont know,i dont wwrite the addon i pay to use it.Hopefully this can be resolved especially the stuttering issues as the game really is unplayable when using zygors addon. error.png
              Last edited by doghunter; December 5, 2022, 08:35 AM.

Comment

I was playing all weekend long trying to reproduce this and could not see any stuttering happening. Try this for a test.

1. Exit the game
                2. Go to your WoW/_retail_/Cache folder and delete everything in there
                3. Go to your WoW/_retail_ folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders to Interface.Old and WTF.Old
                4. In the WoW/_retail_ folder create a new Interface folder, then inside that new Interface folder create a new Addons folder.
                5. Run the Zygor desktop client, click check for updates at the top, and then click on the Install button
                6. Go in game to test and then let me know if that fixed it

Comment

I was playing all weekend long trying to reproduce this and could not see any stuttering happening. Try this for a test.

1. Exit the game
                  2. Go to your WoW/_retail_/Cache folder and delete everything in there
                  3. Go to your WoW/_retail_ folder and rename the Interface and WTF folders to Interface.Old and WTF.Old
                  4. In the WoW/_retail_ folder create a new Interface folder, then inside that new Interface folder create a new Addons folder.
                  5. Run the Zygor desktop client, click check for updates at the top, and then click on the Install button
                  6. Go in game to test and then let me know if that fixed it
                  Good evening.

Did that but didn't make the game any better tbh. Lots of LUA errors regarding the gold trend data and keep getting errors advising an addon has stopped Blizzards UI from working. Had to /reload multiple times during a dungeon run. Updated the gold guide multiple times in the client but keeps saying update... click it multiple times and I get red text saying I have to wait.

Been doing more research and tbh I think it might just be a game issue. Seems to quite a lot of posts regarding stuttering on DF. I think until Blizzard have an official response, we can put this on pause.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...client/1379249

Comment

I tried the said fixes Many times with and without zygor running,zygor running just makes things worse,stuttering still remains,Yes blizzard still has many issues to fix,but this is not the root of the underlying problem here.I will wait and see if blizzard who i have contacted about this does anything and fixes the issues,i will also be reconsidering my options for ingame guides as well,as i need something that works perfectly and doesnt cause issues.

Comment

Working...
                    X