why does wow eat so mutch cpu useage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why does wow eat so mutch cpu useage?

now with all other games it's fine not alot of cpu useage but wow uses 47 50% cpu useage i tryed without addons stil the same is there away to fix that?

I don't think it really matters unless you're lagging badly, or have any in game performance issues. A game's gotta use the resources available in your pc to run, that's just how they work.

What are your specs and what fps are you trying to hit? Are you using vsync?
    Last edited by vgchat; December 9, 2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vgchat View Post
      I don't think it really matters unless you're lagging badly, or have any in game performance issues. A game's gotta use the resources available in your pc to run, that's just how they work.

What are your specs and what fps are you trying to hit? Are you using vsync?
      i have a ok build im on a i7 4790k witch is stil a good cpu only 1150 socket i have a gtx 1060 6gb extreme edition soon il have a 3070 ti after new year it isnt my pc it's just wow.exe that is high cpu i dont have a high cpu on my videocard cpu just the wow.exe is high cpu like 40 when ingame

Comment

Hi, thanks for the specs. As long as you're targeting at least 60 fps on medium settings you should be fine. Just don't try pushing for anything silly like everything on high or ultra or trying for 90+ fps with that setup and you should be good.
        Last edited by vgchat; December 22, 2022, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by vgchat View Post
          Hi, thanks for the specs. As long as you're targeting at least 60 fps on medium settings you should be fine. Just don't try pushing for anything silly like everything on high or ultra or trying for 90+ fps with that setup and you should be good.
          ye after the new year im only going to change my card from 1060 to 3070 ti the gigabyte version i like gigabyte the most aslong as my cpu/mb is good i dont need to change that my i7 4790k is stil good yes i have a stable fps in wow like in quest zone over 100fps in main city like 60 50 40 but i wanna play other games to and for new other singleplayer pc games you need abit higher card my 1060 6gb extreme edition from gigabyte can play games perfectly fine but i just wanna upgrade from 1060 to 3070ti

Comment

It's because the world of warcraft is very old. Most of the processing is done by the cpu, where as in modern games it's done by the gpu. Wow uses very little GPU processing compared to modern games. It's the only game that will play better by upgrading your cpu rather than your graphics card.

Comment

Originally posted by Metalcalfe View Post
              It's because the world of warcraft is very old. Most of the processing is done by the cpu, where as in modern games it's done by the gpu. Wow uses very little GPU processing compared to modern games. It's the only game that will play better by upgrading your cpu rather than your graphics card.
              thats the thing my cpu is stil quite good the i7 4790k score good better then some other cpu it runs default on 4ghz i cant just change the cpu only if i do that i need to go from socket 1150 to 1200 that means i need to change cpu mainboard ram the 3 expensive things of upgrading pc are graphics card cpu and mainbord.

Comment

What he meant is that there is no way to reduce the amount of cpu that WoW uses because it is an old game engine. If you have any performance issues in game then the only way to improve it would be to upgrade the cpu due to it being an old game engine. If you have no performance issues then just ignore the cpu usage since there is nothing you can do about it.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Try:
                  1. Run Windows Disk Cleanup and delete the DirectX shader cache
                  2. Change display mode between Windowed / Fullscreen modes in WoW
                  3. Rename or delete the WTF folder in the WoW directory, then start the game

Comment

The game is not optimised for dragonflight yet, and also the amount of players that are flying around at high speed is another brainfart for the CPU. Tbh I don't think there will ever be a decent optimisation for dragonflight considering how players pop in/out so rapidly and the amount of textures from all the tall mountains/structures and so forth.

Comment

Working...
                    X