Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes. That's right.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by nikzaw View Post
      So when cata comes out we will recieve the update for 1-80 guide which will include the changes implemented by cata, but to get 80-85 we will need to pay right?
      as well as get the new starting zones for the new toons... yep.
      "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Get or not to get

I already have both leveling guides and they are great and I will be upgrading them with Cat. I am considering buying the daily guides as well but now that Cat is coming up so soon I'm not sure if I should buy them and then pay the upgrade or wait and buy it when it comes out. I've heard how the pricing may go with the leveling guide but didn't see anything about these. Suggestions?

Edit: Not sure if I should have made this a new thread, but since pricing was being questioned here...

Armaden of Lightbringer

Comment

I'm not positive but I think if you were to buy the dailies guides now you'd get the Cata upgrade for free for them. Like I say, I'm not positive on it. Personally, it's only a month until Cata comes out so it's not really that long of a wait to be sure you get it all.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Here you go from the thread Cataclysm Leveling Guide posted by Zygor:
            Any guides purchased from October 7th to December 7th will be upgraded for free. So either way, you're buying the Cataclysm guide if you buy right now. However, our prices will definitely be going up slightly when we officially release our Cataclysm guides. So, financially, it would be better to purchase now.
            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.
            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Oct 7th!!1one11, Bah I got it mine on the 24th of Sep....insert /whine and multiple QQ here.

Comment

Originally posted by globerson View Post
                Oct 7th!!1one11, Bah I got it mine on the 24th of Sep....insert /whine and multiple QQ here.
                Hahah, I bought alliance guide in Sept, but bought every other guide (Horde leveling and alliance+horde dailies and events) on the 25th of October. So I'll only be paying 20 bucks to upgrade my alliance guide. Which if you ask me, is a major steal, the amount of work they obviously put into this guide for everyone of us to use is worth alot more in my opinion than 20 bucks. So I'm happy they are planning on keeping it so low =)

Comment

So I'm sure the Zygor team testers have run through the 80-85 content several times now to test the guide flow, viewer responsiveness, etc.

Was hoping someone from the team can share with us the anticipated /played time to get from 80-85 when using the new guide. My guess would be 3 or 4 days, but curiosity has gotten the better of me

And, since it was never answered the first time I asked, if 4.0.3a patch were to drop on say the week of 11/22, would the new 1-60 content updates be available to us then to level some alts through the new quests in the old world?

As always, thanks in advance for the help...

Comment

Originally posted by jbdallas View Post
                    So I'm sure the Zygor team testers have run through the 80-85 content several times now to test the guide flow, viewer responsiveness, etc.

Was hoping someone from the team can share with us the anticipated /played time to get from 80-85 when using the new guide. My guess would be 3 or 4 days, but curiosity has gotten the better of me

And, since it was never answered the first time I asked, if 4.0.3a patch were to drop on say the week of 11/22, would the new 1-60 content updates be available to us then to level some alts through the new quests in the old world?

As always, thanks in advance for the help...
                    Here is where the problem lies...

Changes and updates, additions, activations of abilities, etc etc etc... these happen in beta tests up until the days/weeks following the release of the expansion. Happened in BC, WotLK, and will happen in Cata.
                    To come out and say "I leveled an 80 to 85 in xx hours" as a response is disingenuous, imo. There is no telling that the day before the release they dont end up expanding the xp requirements per level by 20%, or 30%, or whatever... and thats just one area they can (and prob will) change.
                    Dont believe that?
                    Apple developed the iPhone for a few years. Steve Jobs demanded his team redesign and rework the iPhone one week before the scheduled unveiling.
                    Point is, no one truly knows what will be required time wise until the launch.
                    I can tell you this much; I have enough redbull and time off work to be a major contender for the 'realm first' achievement. When I ding 85 Ill post the time it took.
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Please update the original Post

Love the guide and a huge fan. I believe own everything you make and will happily pay for the cata guides

Just a quick question maybe you could post on the first FAQ and keep updated

1. What's the status of the Cata 80 - 85 guide? does it look like it will be ready Dec 7 or before?

At a minimum, update your last answer.

Q: Will we have to level up without an updated guide when the expansion releases? How long will it take the team to give us the 81-85 section?
                      A: The staff is doing their very best to have the guide finished before Cataclysm is released. They were invited to the Burning Crusade and the Wrath of the Lich King betas, and they are hoping to keep their record.

This seem pretty outdated.

You keeping making an outstanding guide and I'll keep buying! Cheers,

Joly

Comment

The only real update for the last question would be this:

Q: Will we have to level up without an updated guide when the expansion releases? How long will it take the team to give us the 81-85 section?
                        A: The staff is doing their very best to have the guide finished before Cataclysm is released.

Now Zygor has stated in some other threads that they expect to have the guides ready for the release date but you can never be positive on something like this because Zygor has no idea what Blizzard might change between now and then. If we post up that yes you'll have it available and then Blizzard does something screwy for changes at the last minute then it won't be available and everyone will be calling us liars.

Comment

How bout during BC? Did you guys managed to have the guide ready before or during lauching day? Just wondering.

Comment

I believe for BC and WotLK that the guide was ready by expansion launch.

Right now it's looking like there will be no problems with having the guide ready by Cataclysm. But we do have to keep in mind that Blizzard might change something at the last moment and can delay the guides. This is something that can't be controlled or foreseen by Zygor so that's why we can't guarantee that the guides will be there.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                              The only real update for the last question would be this:

A: The staff is doing their very best to have the guide finished before Cataclysm is released.

Now Zygor has stated in some other threads that they expect to have the guides ready for the release date but you can never be positive on something like this because Zygor has no idea what Blizzard might change between now and then. If we post up that yes you'll have it available and then Blizzard does something screwy for changes at the last minute then it won't be available and everyone will be calling us liars.
                              Thanks for the quick answer,

You refer to to a thread you can't easily find (nor not surprisingly can I) to say you have answered this question, but the second to last sentence in the first post in this thread says:

If I see anymore questions, then I'll be sure to update the F.A.Q.

I want you guys to be as successful as possible, I love your guides and want you to be in a very profitable business as long long time. I only suggest you do what you say you are going to do and don't ask me to read through tens maybe hundreds of posts, because the FAQ is not updated. A very happy customer,

Joly

Comment

Yeah, right now it's very hard to search for stuff while the forum maintenance is being done. The forums aren't currently indexed for searching so anything that was posted more than a week ago can't be searched thru properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X