No announcement yet.

Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So far the plan is to be downloading the guides during the maintenance. That's if blizzard doesn't change anything major.
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
      So far the plan is to be downloading the guides during the maintenance. That's if blizzard doesn't change anything major.
      Hey, I just bought the guide and pretty much the only reason was for the 80 to 85 part(did not get into beta despite having 5 accounts) to go for realm first, so.. Blizzards plan is to NOT have a maintenance come release day, that's why they had all this crap with 4.0.3a. To get it over with. So, if there is no maintenance, how/when will you release the guide, then? If it's released late, like the nexst day, then it's nigh on useless for me. I should already be done by then to stand a chance..

Thanks for any reply.

Comment

Originally posted by djmike View Post
        Hey, I just bought the guide and pretty much the only reason was for the 80 to 85 part(did not get into beta despite having 5 accounts) to go for realm first, so.. Blizzards plan is to NOT have a maintenance come release day, that's why they had all this crap with 4.0.3a. To get it over with. So, if there is no maintenance, how/when will you release the guide, then? If it's released late, like the nexst day, then it's nigh on useless for me. I should already be done by then to stand a chance..

Thanks for any reply.
        Irregardless if there is a maint shut-down or not, Cata is not getting release by Blizzard until 12/7/10. When that happens, look for the guides to be released very shortly after.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
          Irregardless if there is a maint shut-down or not, Cata is not getting release by Blizzard until 12/7/10. When that happens, look for the guides to be released very shortly after.
          Yes, well, my question was what is "very shortly after"? The release is at midnight, will someone be here to release it? By morning it'll be too late for anyone trying to get realm first.

Comment

Originally posted by djmike View Post
            Yes, well, my question was what is "very shortly after"? The release is at midnight, will someone be here to release it? By morning it'll be too late for anyone trying to get realm first.
            Yeah, I get the desire to pin-point a timeframe. The problem is, thats not possible.
            Here is why in a nutshell....
            Take today as an example. All of the changes to the game were known, for the most part; reduced talent build pts with changes to toon play style/abilities, etc etc etc... right? Zygor and everyone gets time to implement these changes... no problem.
            Then comes the release of the patch, and the changes they *didnt* tell anyone about becomes the major crisis. Quest ID numbers changing, NPC locations moved, etc etc. What seems like a minor thing in reality is a huge problem being dealt with as I type.
            So, with all that said, Zygor and the guides are pretty much ready for the 'release' button to be hit. However, will anything come up last min from Blizzard that will cause yet another massive issue? No one knows.
            So anyone trying to give you a response of "2 seconds after the servers go live with Cata" is disingenuous.
            Ideally the guides will go live within 2 seconds of the cata launch with zero problems and purr like a kitty getting milk.
            History has shown us to be cautious, while integrity tells us not to give you false information.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Fair enough. If it's out of your hands and in Blizzards, can't really blame ya for it

Thanks for the quick replies and now I'll start hoping all goes well.

Comment

7th of December.. I can't take it.... MAST PLEY WORGANS N@W!!!!!

Comment

6 days 14 hours 32 minutes.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by edwardjulius View Post
                    7th of December.. I can't take it.... MAST PLEY WORGANS N@W!!!!!
                    Worgens? Phooey!! Give me my Goblins!
                    * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

goblins == ugly version of gnomes with insanely awesome talents
                      worgens == awesome looking werewolf with not so bad talents

i take the pretty one. xD

Comment

When will the update be available for download?

Comment

Originally posted by potatosoup View Post
                          When will the update be available for download?
                          Post #1: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...n-3.0-Revealed!
                          Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

hm

Iam a noob ^^ and I'am still confused,

I buyed yesterday the Zygor Guide for leveling, the table show me "Includes Cataclysm Update".

So my question is, after the update for cata will be released in ~12 hours:

Can I download it for free? Or did I have to pay extra?

Is Catalysm 80-85 for "my" version now a upgrade or an update?

Yes, IAM confused, sorry

Best Rrgds.

Comment

Originally posted by drmaniac View Post
                              Iam a noob ^^ and I'am still confused,

I buyed yesterday the Zygor Guide for leveling, the table show me "Includes Cataclysm Update".

So my question is, after the update for cata will be released in ~12 hours:

Can I download it for free? Or did I have to pay extra?

Is Catalysm 80-85 for "my" version now a upgrade or an update?

Yes, IAM confused, sorry

Best Rrgds.
                              If you bought the guides between Oct.7-Dec.7 then you have the cata upgrade for free. The update for the cataclysm expasion will be released tomorrow at around 8:30 CST US time.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I really have to pay again to get the Cata Guides? That's not good and will bring me away from Zygor. Bye Bye...

Comment

Working...
                                X