Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mfrench View Post
    From what I can tell, Mount Hyjal is the only starting zone available in the 80-85 guide? Is that correct? I was hoping I could do Vashj'ir because I'll need the rep from those quests for the tanking head enchant.

Also, if I decide to do Vashj'ir without the guide and then pickup with the guide in the next zone, should that work fine?
    Both Hyjal and Vashj'ir are covered in the guide.
    Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

In the old version of the Zygor guide addon, you could select a zone. In this new version, I only see an option to select the 80-85 guide and I don't see an option to then select a Cataclysm zone. When I choose the 80-85 guide and fast forward through the early steps, everything leads to Mt Hyjal. Does the current 3.0 version have all of the Cataclysm stuff? How would I choose Vashj'ir?

Comment

About Cataclysm Upgrade link?

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
        Q: Is this update going to be free?
        A: Technically, no. The update is free, but the upgrade is not. Those two terms are extremely vital. For example, if you own the 1-80 Alliance Leveling Guide at the moment, when Cataclysm is released you'll still have the 1-80 section of the guide, but not 81-85 section nor the Goblin & Worgen starting zones.

Q: Okay, I see, the upgrade is not free. So how much will it cost?
        A: You can purchase the individual guide upgrades for $20 a piece, or $30 for both Alliance & Horde upgrade bundle.

Q: We were told we would have free updates for life. I feel cheated here.
        A: You do have free updates for life for the product you purchased, i.e. Alliance Level 1-80 Guide. If an expansion raises the level cap the new levels were not part of your original purchase and as such are not included in the free updates for life. You're not being cheated out. It's going to cost the staff a lot of money to develop the new sections of the guide, and not only that but they'll have to rewrite the entire 1-80 section of the guide as well to be compatible with Cataclysm. We're simply compensating them for their loss so we can continue to get free updates when patches come out, and to still use these forums. If only things in life were free!

Q: Zygor still should have told me on the homepage that we'd have to pay for expansion upgrades.
        A: We've had two expansions since Zygor has started, and each member has had to purchase the upgrade fee for that expansion. If you've read anything about leveling guides, or even Zygor's guide over the internet, there's plenty of resources telling you that this is the case. You can even post in the community forums without purchasing the guide if you want as well, and the support team or our members would be more then happy to answer your question.

Q: So when is Cataclysm coming out anyways?
        A: The official release date for Cataclysm is December 7th, 2010.

Q: Will we have to level up without an updated guide when the expansion releases? How long will it take the team to give us the 81-85 section?
        A: You may pre-order your guides now to obtain the guide the second that Cataclysm is released.

If I see anymore questions, then I'll be sure to update the F.A.Q. If you want to add or respond to any of these, feel free to do so in this thread :-). Thanks!

For further information, please visit:

http://www.zygorguides.com/support/faq.php

Best regards,
        Silverhawk11
        I cant find a link or page where I can upgrade my account to the new 80-85 Cataclysm upgrade for the $30.00 fee you mentioned earlier how do I pre order it? where do I go to get it?
        Thanks!
        bskeef

Comment

Originally posted by wskeefer View Post
          I cant find a link or page where I can upgrade my account to the new 80-85 Cataclysm upgrade for the $30.00 fee you mentioned earlier how do I pre order it? where do I go to get it?
          Thanks!
          bskeef
          Hello,

Please go to the member's area to purchase the upgraded guides.

Regards,
          silverhawk11
          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Hello
            I also just updated my Guides, and want to start in the Vashj'ir area. What is the easiest way to do this?

I am guessing that there are or will be a fair number of people who would like to know if there is an easy way to start the guide with the Vashj'ir area, and you might consider adding this info to the FAQ page or somewhere where it can easily be found.

Thanks

Comment

Now I'm not a 100% sure on this but my best guess is this.
              Skip to step 256 for Vashj'ir.
              Step 610 for Deepholm.
              I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
              Twitter @Chaos5061.
              Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Vashj'ir is actually step #265, just fast forwarded to it.

Comment

Originally posted by mfrench View Post
                  Vashj'ir is actually step #265, just fast forwarded to it.
                  I added travel steps to it so you know how to get there.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Yes you have all of that.Only thing youn don't have is the Dailies and Events guide which has not been update yet. Also you may want to remove your Order Number and Product ID. Somebody may try to do something with them.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Hello,

I removed the order number for security reasons. To answer your question simply; yes. You purchased the guides before today, therefore you get all of the bonuses automatically :-). You can access them via our Member's Area of the website.

Regards,
                      silverhawk11
                      It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
                        Yes you have all of that.Only thing youn don't have is the Dailies and Events guide which has not been update yet. Also you may want to remove your Order Number and Product ID. Somebody may try to do something with them.
                        Wow you are fast! Thank you for the speedy reply (within 5min, woop!) And yes, I just deleted my post since it had my Order Number and Product ID. I am re-posting my question here though just in case others had the same question in mind. Thank you again for your speedy reply.

-

Hi, after reading a lot if this thread, and seeing how Zygor decided to use tricky terminology in their sales, I am questioning what I just bought. Please give me a simple answer to the following question:

I just bought "Zygor Horde 1-85 In-Game Leveling Guide" for $40 on 12/04/2010

Did I purchase Zygor 3.0 AND everything else that is currently being advertised on http://www.zygorguides.com/ ?

The "everything else" comment must include, but is not limited to, the following:
                        Archeology Profession Guide
                        Guild Leveling Perks Guide
                        Death Knight Class Guide Bonus
                        Inscription Profession Leveling Guide Bonus
                        Auctioneer Appraiser Guide
                        Food and Drink Stats Guide

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
                          Hello,

I removed the order number for security reasons. To answer your question simply; yes. You purchased the guides before today, therefore you get all of the bonuses automatically :-). You can access them via our Member's Area of the website.

Regards,
                          silverhawk11
                          Thank you silverhawk11 and Chaos5061 for your speedy responses, trust me it is greatly appreciated. I am re-posting my question here (w/o the other stuff) though just in case others had the same question in mind. Thank you again for your speedy reply.

-

Hi, after reading a lot if this thread, and seeing how Zygor decided to use tricky terminology in their sales, I am questioning what I just bought. Please give me a simple answer to the following question:

Did I purchase Zygor 3.0 AND everything else that is currently being advertised on http://www.zygorguides.com/ ?

The "everything else" comment must include, but is not limited to, the following:

Comment

Originally posted by trxt3r View Post
                            Thank you silverhawk11 and Chaos5061 for your speedy responses, trust me it is greatly appreciated. I am re-posting my question here (w/o the other stuff) though just in case others had the same question in mind. Thank you again for your speedy reply.

Everyone regardless of when they purchase Zygor's guide get V3 for free as it's against Blizzard addon policy to charge for that upgrade. However, before you ask, it is not against Blizzards rules to charge for the leveling guide themselves.

And, I believe you have received all of what you are asking about. However, you should note all those perk guides you're asking about are NOT in game such as your leveling steps, etc. Simply click the members section and you can view it all.
                            Last edited by dudedafool; December 6, 2010, 10:29 PM. Reason: Changed a tiny section.

Comment

It's actually Blizzards Addon Policy. Basically it says that no addon author may charge a fee for the addon that gets loaded by the WoW client. Zygor complies with this by providing his guide viewer addon free of charge for anyone to obtain (with the trial version of the guides) and only charges people for the guide files that the addon loads to display the steps in game for the guides he created to use with the guide viewer addon.
                              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                                It's actually Blizzards Addon Policy. Basically it says that no addon author may charge a fee for the addon that gets loaded by the WoW client. Zygor complies with this by providing his guide viewer addon free of charge for anyone to obtain (with the trial version of the guides) and only charges people for the guide files that the addon loads to display the steps in game for the guides he created to use with the guide viewer addon.
                                You're always correcting me.. I'm unsure if I should slap myself around for all my mistakes or thank you for catching all of them. Guess I have to do a mix of both

Comment

Working...
                                X