No announcement yet.

Cataclysm F.A.Q.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using Zygor for nearing on 2 years... the value is in the time and frustration the guide saves. Looking through some of the printed guides that publish all the known quests for each zone, you come to realize developing a guide such as this is a monumental task. Add to that that the development process is likely a reverse enigeering process (i.e., I doubt Zygor's staff has access to Blizz's quest database) and you start to see the effort involved in producing this guide - and ppl are QQ'ing about the upgrade pricing and policy... lol.

If the past guide are an indication.. the Cat upgrade will be well worth it. Lets hope the Zygor team get the beta invites they!

Comment

Originally posted by reliant3 View Post
      I've been using Zygor for nearing on 2 years... the value is in the time and frustration the guide saves. Looking through some of the printed guides that publish all the known quests for each zone, you come to realize developing a guide such as this is a monumental task. Add to that that the development process is likely a reverse enigeering process (i.e., I doubt Zygor's staff has access to Blizz's quest database) and you start to see the effort involved in producing this guide - and ppl are QQ'ing about the upgrade pricing and policy... lol.

If the past guide are an indication.. the Cat upgrade will be well worth it. Lets hope the Zygor team get the beta invites they!
      I couldn't agree more, I'm not a blind fan or devotee of sorts, or someone that just throws money around me. I think every bit of this guide is worth it. I suppose the system within WoW has gotten a lot better (quest and mapwise) but I still prefer to stick with Zygor guide because it tells me exactly where I need to be, and I can trick and mix around on my lvling process doing whatever I want and then just glide back into the guide.

Zygor (John) and his team has a solid product, I respect that, therefore I pay for it, it's not like it's super expensive or anything.

When I hear people going, oh just download it from piratebay, selling addons is illegal anyway, I just get angry from comments like that.

John is a clever guy that found out how to make money through gaming, props to him for that, he's got a splendid product and it's updated on a regular basis. As far as I know, he's one of the few that's actually kept up his appearance guidewise for WoW, many people have just been around for a year or so, updated their guide a little bit then just given up.

Now onto the subject at hand, 80-85 is not an update, it's a whole new package with new content. John and the team spends a lot of time putting it together and fixing stuff, no one with their mind in the right place should expect something like that for free.

All in all Zygor guides has held true to their word as far as I know, so far the updated 1-60 will be free, even though the whole freaking thing is getting redone. I don't know about everyone else but I find that quite respectable.

Besides, the people posting on this forum and also those complaining about wanting things for free wouldn't be here if they did not care about the product John and his team has to offer, simple as.

As a ending note, some people have amazing memory, able to memorize what to do all across the board and where they went when lvling up, unfortunately for me, I don't have such amazing memory. So I'm not able to remember where to go and all that, since Zygor guide does it for me, it helps a lot.

Aswell as those people saying, well this is just handholding at it's worst. So what? This is WoW we're talking about, as far as I'm concerned (my opinion) WoW is end game, that's where the game is at, I really haven't ever found the lvling process of WoW much fun, but that's just me.

Not back when the game just went to 60 I didn't find it much fun, what I found it was super slow, obviously since it just only went to 60. Burning Crusade was a breath of fresh air that I got tired of quite quickly, not even gonna comment on Lich King, they had come up with and implemented a few nice things though.

There's a few quests across the board in Lich King that I think are great, but they are few and far between. Yes, I expect things from the games I play, no, I don't think that's a bad thing.

So people can call it what they want, I'm very glad John decided to go down this road, it's helped me out a lot, saved me a lot of time and most importantly helped me to be able to lvl up alts without getting bored and giving up.

Whops, I suppose this post got a bit long, heh, oh well.

Comment

Thanks for that post. Pretty well thought out and formulated. But most importantly, glad you find value and use in the product(s).
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I'll pay regardless the price....i need to level as quick as i can....please don't make sure it doesn't crash lol.

Comment

Any news on when Cataclysm comes out? I want to pre order it but I feel it be quicker for me to pick it up at the shop what you guys think are you pre ordering it? if so what store? I would liked if I could pre order it and on the release date I could download it onto my computer and play straight away
            Windows 10 Home
            Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5_7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz
            Ram 16.00 GB DDR3
            Graphic card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
            Asus pg279q rog swift 27-inch 165hz gaming monitor
            Razer Blackwidow Chroma Keyboard
            Razer Molten Naga mouse.

Comment

I'd buy it from a store... So many pplvwipl prob think buying it online would be faster but then...u have 1 million ppl tryn to downlaod or at once at midnight then u prob won't get it for 12 hr's then buy then u got install it...

I knew someone who did that with wotlk and it took them till 2 pm that day to get it... And I picked my copy up at midnight b/c the store I bought it from stayed open till then to give ppl there copy!

So per order it would be the he's bet IMO!
              LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
              Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
              Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
              Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
              Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
              Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
              Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
              Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
              Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
              Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
              Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
              Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

I have a very good question.

As you say we have to pay for the "Upgrade" for 81-85, but will the 1-80 guide be updated for all the new quests that are involved. Also, you said the Worgen and Goblin areas wont be included? Why not? I paid for Horde & Alliance 1-80 guide, not a;

Night elf
                Human
                Gnome
                Drenai
                Dwarf

Tauren
                Orc
                Undead
                Blood elf
                Troll

; leveling guide. Goblins are now part of the Horde, so they should be included in the "Update" and the same for Worgen.

Also, I paid for "Alliance & Horde" dailies and event guide. Not a Alliance & Horde 1-80 Dailies and events guide, so this lot should be an "Update" not an upgrade, and in fact.. it has to be as you would be miselling if you didn;t

Comment

This is an old and stale argument drudged through many times before in the forums here.
                  Bottom line is, you do not currently have the goblin or worgen starting areas as part of the guide, ergo it is not an update but an upgrade that will have a cost associated with it, same as the rest of the new content.

Comment

But the Goblin and Worgen are part of the Horde and Alliance, and we have paid for the Horde and the Alliance leveling guide? So they should be included?

*Edit* and they start out at level 1 dont they? Not level 81, so should be included in the 1-80 guide? They are just an update to the original 1-80, not an upgrade. So in my point of view you aren't abiding by your free updates rule?

Comment

Do you currently own the goblin and worgen starting areas right now?

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                        Do you currently own the goblin and worgen starting areas right now?
                        No? But I do own the "Alliance & Horde" 1-80 guide, and the Goblins and Worgen are park of the Alliance & Horde.

Next you will be charging us for say a new zone for levels 20-25? but that would just be an update.

The guide states on the selling page that it's an Alliance & Horde 1-80 guide, but once cata comes out, it wont be. It will be a "Part Alliance & Horde 1-80 guide" so not keeping to the purchase promise.

It's like going to Subway, and buying that new cup thing they have "Free refills for life with this cup" and one day doing in and them saying "Oh sorry you can't have that flavour of soft drink, you have to pay more for that" Even though the deal is "free" softdrink refills for life??

Don't get e wrong, i think you should charge for the 81-85 park of the guide. But as for the new starting areas *They are covered in the Alliance & Horde 1-80 guide* and as for any new event and dailys * they are also covered in the Alliance & Horde dailies and events guide, that doesn't give a level range* So I will buy the 81-85 guide, but as for the rest that should be free.

Comment

OK, so lets take your response and use the definitions of the terms.

First, Update...

Update:
                          1. Information that updates something.
                          2. The act or an instance of bringing something up to date.
                          3. An updated version of something.

And now, upgrade.....
                          Upgrade:
                          1. To exchange a possession for one of greater value or quality; trade up.

You answered your question in your original post.

Mind you, I am not trying to be rude here. There is, however, a fundamental flaw in a thought process that many seem to be struggling with, and I would like to help both Zygor Guides and their valued customers (myself included) come to an understanding of what is to be expected.

Updating the guides you have now means no more than taking the guides you own and making them relevant for the upcoming changes.

Upgrading the guides means taking the new content and presenting it in a new package.

You own one, which will be the update. You (or anyone else for that matter) do not own the new content, which falls under the category of upgrade.

Now, to complete the understanding, John is not updating alliance and horde, he is updating and upgrading his guides. He only owns his guides, not the factions. This is new content, and is a new product.

Updating does not occur when you buy a new car.
                          Upgrading may occur if you buy a better MP3 player for that car.

Updating does not occur when you buy a new TV.
                          Upgrading may occur if you add surround sound to that TV system.

Updating did not occur when you bought your new computer.
                          Upgrading may occur if you buy new parts for said computer that are of higher quality.

Again, you dont own the new content, therefore, it cannot be classified or expected to be an update.

Your Subway example is pretty good at the insight you provide in your stance.
                          You bought the cup (zygor guides 1-80) and any new drink flavor (content changes in 1-80) are part of your free refills for life (updates in 1-80 guides). However, your logic breaks in the remaining discussion you present. In no manner is Zygor Guides stating you cant get a new drink flavor in the cup you own. What you cant have is the new flavor that requires a whole different cup (new content, new paths, new quests, new everything) to get that flavor you think you should have. That is equivalent to saying "I bought a cup, therefore all cups you present I should have for free."

I hope that clears it up a little better.

Comment

Just to add to this a little, Zygor is doing the exact same thing as when BC came out. At that time it was a 1-60 leveling guide and in order to get the new BE and Draenie races they were part of the upgrade.

All of the content you currently own will be updated for the whole new leveling paths and content that will be changed, but none of us own any guides related to the 2 new races so it's impossible (by definition) for us to get them with an update.
                            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

so the beta is out now, did zygor get invited??
                              thx in advance!

Comment

Originally posted by chickenwings View Post
                                so the beta is out now, did zygor get invited??
                                thx in advance!
                                yes zygor is in cata beta as we speak

Comment

Working...
                                X