Talent Builds Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue subtlety spec + assassination spec

I got rather bored with leveling a combat rogue - it may be fast, but there is no finesse in that spec!

I looked into the other trees and changed to a subtlety spec instead - I plan to use assassination as secondary. Fits very well with having two Heartseekers equipped (as well as a full load of PVE heirlooms [had to use a bow - why are there no thrown heirlooms? ]). And for those of you advocating NOT using daggers - or swapping: go re-read the patch notes

If you go to Slice and dice: Leveling a Rogue: Leveling Subtlety 10-80, there is a rather nice build with discussion/explanation for sub rogues. I have put the build into Zygor terms below:

if not ZygorTalentAdvisor then return end

ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("ROGUE","Samuelte mpus 5/15/51 Subtlety",[[
    2 Opportunity // 10-11
    3 Master of Deception // 12-14
    3 Camouflage // 15-17
    2 Dirty Tricks // 18-19
    1 Ghostly Strike // 20
    3 Serrated Blades // 21-23
    1 Elusiveness // 24
    2 Improved Ambush // 25-26
    3 Initiative // 27-29
    1 Hemorrhage // 30
    1 Preparation // 31
    2 Dirty Deeds // 32-33
    1 Setup // 34
    5 Deadliness // 35-39
    1 Premeditation // 40
    2 Setup // 41-42
    2 Cheat Death // 43-44
    5 Sinister Calling // 45-49
    1 Shadowstep // 50
    1 Cheat Death // 51
    3 Master of Subtlety // 52-54
    5 Slaughter from the Shadows // 55-59
    1 Shadow Dance // 60
    5 Malice // 61-65
    5 Dual Wield Specialization // 66-70
    5 Precision // 71-75
    5 Close Quarters Combat // 76-80
    ]],[[
    Major Glyph of Eviscerate
    Major Glyph of Hemorrage
    Major Glyph of Sap
    Minor Glyph of Blurred Speed
    Minor Glyph of Safe Fall
    Minor Glyph of Pick Lock
    ]])
    Assassination is found here

ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("ROGUE","Samuelte mpus 51/18/2 Assassination",[[
    5 Malice // 10-14
    3 Ruthlessness // 15-17
    3 Puncturing Wounds // 18-20
    5 Lethality // 21-25
    3 Vile Poisons // 26-28
    5 Improved Poisons // 29-33
    1 Cold Blood // 34
    2 Fleet Footed // 35-36
    5 Seal Fate // 37-41
    2 Murder // 42-43
    1 Overkill // 44
    3 Focused Attacks // 45-47
    3 Find Weakness // 48-50
    1 Mutilate // 51
    3 Master Poisoner // 52-54
    5 Cut to the Chase // 55-59
    1 Hunger for Blood // 60
    5 Dual Wield Specialization // 61-65
    5 Precision // -70
    5 Close Quarters Combat // -75
    3 Lightning Reflexes // -78
    2 Relentless Strikes // -80
    ]],[[
    Major Glyph of Sinister Strike
    Major Glyph of Garrote
    Major Glyph of Eviscerate
    Minor Glyph of Pick Pocket
    Minor Glyph of Safe Fall
    Minor Glyph of Vanish
    ]])
    QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
    The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

I m on the wowhead talent calculator page and I do not see any button on the right that says "link to this page", I see a hyperlink that says "link" and when I press it I get this...

http://www.wowhead.com/talent#of0Vsu0IzxGuMxedcZbGc0o

So how do I get the long string of digits and what about glyphs for a build in this format?

There really really really needs to be a more precise and detailed guide to adding your own specs. I bought the guide because of the talent advisor but trying to add my own specs is tedious and frustrating me.

Comment

I have probably the most detailed guide to adding your own builds in the very first post of this thread. Your problem is that you're using the talent builder at WoWHead and not the official WoW talent builder that I have the link to in the first post.

As for the glyphs with this type of build I haven't tried or tested it yet but I believe it would be in the following format. If you try it and it does work properly please let me know so I can update the first post to include it.

Code:

ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("DRUID", "Custom (11/0/60)", "0532000100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000230033312030520531353313051",[[
            Major Glyph of 
            Major Glyph of 
            Major Glyph of 
            Minor Glyph of 
            Minor Glyph of 
            Minor Glyph of 
        ]])
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

what is the Now statement in the following line
          1 Improved Righteous Fury // (3/3 Now)
          Is it for programming or just a comment

Comment

That's just a comment. It's saying that with that 1 point spent in Improved Righteous Fury that you now have spent a total of 3 out of 3 points in the skill. Comments will always start with the double slash '//'.

Comment

hello,

i've searched for this quite a bit but haven't found any info yet so please, anyone can tell me what is the sequence of the skills i have to use on the "levelling build" rogue talent point guide?

For exemple i was using a build i found on wowhead and it opens with "Cheap shot", slice n dice, backstab, gauge, finishing with eviscerate.

what should i be using and in what order for the Rogue levelling build that comes withg the guide?

Thanks in advance,
              Comar

Comment

There is no easy answer for this as it will constantly change depending on your level and skills you've purchased. My best advice would be to experiment in game and see what type of rotation you feel works best for you.

Comment

lvl 52 hunter

i currently have a beast master hunter, but i want to do some more damage so should i use the pvp talent build

KINGSLEYG123

Comment

The provided BM spec is designed around your survivability. It might not be the fastest at killing things, but it will definitely help you to survive long enough to kill them all.

Comment

Would be nice if there could be a list of links to all the custom builds in here.

Comment

That's a nightmare project that I'll get done sooner or later.

Comment

There are quite a few builds in the thread, but very few of the posts contain any description of the rationale behind the build in question. A build without discussion is, IMHO, next to worthless.

Furthermore, quite a few of the listed builds are unsuitable for leveling, as they are made as a string of ones and zeros, without any consideration to in which order they are applied - i.e. only good for end-game builds.

Taking those two issues in consideration, the task could be significantly reduced, while improving the quality radically - simply leave out builds without (links to) discussion.
                          QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                          The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

If I left out builds then that wouldn't be fair. People either requested the builds or put them up to share for the whole community. Discussions or no discussions shouldn't be a reason to ignore a build that's being shared with the community.

Comment

This entire thread is going to be dead, or at least useless. Once Cata comes out the talent tree is going to totally change and the trees we have today are not going to apply at all. If it was me I'd not invest any effort into cleaning this up but instead build a good framework for what is coming our way in a few months. Just my $0.02
                              Cairne Realm
                              Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                              Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                              Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Will need to have both IMHO. Not everyone is going to invest in Cata when it comes out, and there are still new players to the game getting the expansions as needed by level constricts.
                                Id suggest cleaning this thread up, but reserving space for a Cata thread as well.
                                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                                X