Talent Builds Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antacus View Post
    Sooo, I stopped reading this thread many months ago, think it was page umm... 10 to 13 range. If you ask me this thread is not really usable by end customers. Not because it is a bad idea by ANY means, simply because it is all mashed up. Think of a smoothy made from talent builds. I think that Zygor needs to help the mods re-do this entire thread. Make it a tree structure with a branch for each class. That way when I want to go look at mages I dont have to page through 28 pages of other junk.

---> Root Thread (Custom Talent Builds)
    ---------> Paladin
    --------->---------> Prot
    --------->---------> Ret
    --------->---------> Holy
    ---------> Mage
    --------->---------> Fire
    --------->---------> Frost
    --------->---------> Arcane
    ---------> Lock
    --------->---------> ....
    --------->---------> ....
    ---------> Druid
    and so on.

Then again this may have been suggested several times already but hey, I am not going to go back through 28 pages of posts myself cause I really don't care about custom built talent trees ... I research and come up with my own, not using the Zygor talent advisor. Sooo... this is just an idea to make things more usable for end users is all
    I have an idea, and I'll get started on it now.
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
      I have an idea, and I'll get started on it now.
      And a GREAT idea it is!
      QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
      The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Hey, thanks!
        It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Woot

Not bad, day after I asked, I received. Now to get the little bugs out of the builds so that it meshes properly.....

Comment

Why not have talent builds for Healer and Tanks?

You have leveling and PVP but what about those of us that run healers and tanks in the instances? Why not have a build guide for them without having to create your own? Seems pretty basic since there are a million tanks and healers.

Comment

They don't have heali g/tanking spec in the guide prob b/c it's a leveling guide!
              But ur asking more less for a tanking healing spec for instance witch the guide don't support?
              But I see ur problem for ppl that hae the guide but wanna do instances...and a lot of ppl I no that lvl warriors lvl as prot(not sure why/haven't lvld a warr yet) but they don't run instances either but lvl prot for questing!
              But if u wanna tank or healing spec look under the talent build thread and I'm sure u can find one or go to wowpopular.co
              and look they....

But it would be cool for them to add a healing or tanking spec rite into the guide or ppl!
              LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
              Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
              Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
              Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
              Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
              Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
              Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
              Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
              Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
              Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
              Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
              Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Originally posted by paladin62 View Post
                You have leveling and PVP but what about those of us that run healers and tanks in the instances? Why not have a build guide for them without having to create your own? Seems pretty basic since there are a million tanks and healers.
                Nin is correct.The reason the guide wont have healing or tanking specs is because the guides are designed around solo leveling.
                There are a lot of leveling specs to look at under this thread, and from what I can gather Silver is working on a more steamlined display for this.
                You can also find info on how to make a talent build an ingame build.
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Actually, we added DPS/Tanking/Healing builds (for all classes who can fill those roles) in the guide update a few days ago. Sorry for taking so long. ;-)
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I auctually used a tanking spec to level my pally from level 60 and up. But I also did run a ton of instances. When questing the tanking spec worked but was, I assume, slower then a ret build. I never came close to getting killed when swarmed but fights against groups of more then 4 or 5 took a good long while to finish. Guess that is what ya call hack and slash.

So, tanking builds can work but may not be the best for solo runs. I am sure that similiar things apply to healing.
                    Cairne Realm
                    Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                    Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                    Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

You say create a file... What kind of file? Text? I tried that and copied and pasted the below build and nothing...

Comment

its best to use something like notepad (or stickies if you have Mac) to do this.

Comment

The file you create will be a text file, but it can't have the .txt extension when you save it. It has to be saved as a .lua extension.
                          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                            Actually, we added DPS/Tanking/Healing builds (for all classes who can fill those roles) in the guide update a few days ago. Sorry for taking so long. ;-)
                            Great! Now I only need to manage to log into the zygor member's area to download too. Giving me problems to log in again

Was wondering if anyone could explain the pala protection talent Divine Sacrifice. It's seems quite stupid to add more dmg to the tank in encounters where he is already being beaten. I've looked at the spec of one of the tanks of, what it's supposed to be, Europe's best guild... and he has no points into Divine Sacrifice. Any comments anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Agais View Post
                              Great! Now I only need to manage to log into the zygor member's area to download too. Giving me problems to log in again

Was wondering if anyone could explain the pala protection talent Divine Sacrifice. It's seems quite stupid to add more dmg to the tank in encounters where he is already being beaten. I've looked at the spec of one of the tanks of, what it's supposed to be, Europe's best guild... and he has no points into Divine Sacrifice. Any comments anyone?
                              Indeed, at first glance adding damage to the tank seems unwise.
                              However, in later level instances, where raid-wide damage occurs, this talent is not for the tank, or the raid, but for the healer(s).
                              One target requiring larger heals is far better for raid survival then multiple targets taking on moderate damage.
                              That is why that talent is so important.
                              As a pally tank, when you see your raid party start to take on damage, put on divine sacrifice. You will see a much smoother run.
                              I usually save that for a boss fight.

Comment

Im new to Zygors guides literally within the hour. I am a prot pally wanting to tank i want to lvl as prot so i can instance and get a feel for tanking and learn how it works for when i am end game =]. I have been building prior to this to what i thought was best, should i be following the built in zygor prot build or can anyone offer me any assistance. As ive metioned above im very new to zygors guides so please dont explain stuff expecting i know wot im on about in terms of the guides mechanics... cos well i dont

Comment

Working...
                                X