No announcement yet.

Talent Builds Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're not sure how long it will be before the team are able to add in the 80+ points. My personal suggestion would be to disable the Talent Advisor if you're over 80 and just place the last few points into what you believe will suit you best.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

upper level talents for DK

i am a level 83 dk and under the talent build i have extra talent point but no advise as to apply them...Please advise?

Comment

The talent builds currently don't go above 80. Any points you earn over 80 you should spend how you feel they will best benefit you. If you still don't know what kind of talents you need after level 80 then I'd advise you stop playing a class you aren't familiar with and start a new toon of a different class.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          The talent builds currently don't go above 80. Any points you earn over 80 you should spend how you feel they will best benefit you. If you still don't know what kind of talents you need after level 80 then I'd advise you stop playing a class you aren't familiar with and start a new toon of a different class.
          Wow. That was kind of harsh there Cabby. These guys love your product and have legitimate questions. I understand that you get asked the same questions a LOT but that is one of the hazards of running a business. And this IS a business. They have paid for it and have a reasonable expectation for support.

If this is trying your patience, maybe you should stop playing moderator and start a new job of a different class.

Comment

Originally posted by nelani View Post
            Wow. That was kind of harsh there Cabby. These guys love your product and have legitimate questions. I understand that you get asked the same questions a LOT but that is one of the hazards of running a business. And this IS a business. They have paid for it and have a reasonable expectation for support.

If this is trying your patience, maybe you should stop playing moderator and start a new job of a different class.
            How is that harsh? He is giving sound infomation, if you dont understand how to build your class then you can either:
            1. learn or 2. start a new class.

Comment

Firstly, Cabby is a paying customer like you and me, not an employee of Zygor. Secondly, he has a valid point - Blizzard give very good descriptions of their talents if you hover over them. It's not rocket science to select ones which will benefit you most while levelling.

Comment

ok, ok... /end rant thread.
                The thought process is that in 80 levels and working with the spells and abilities, there should be a general idea of what talents you should pick up based on this experience. At this point, for the toon classes I have to 80 and will be working to 85, I dont need anyone telling me where to spend those last few points.
                I know not everyone wants to do this or perhaps they may not know, and thats fine. Ask one of us to take a look at your setup if you like. We all (mods) have played your class, and know what they can do.
                Lets get back to the discussion of talents, shall we?
                "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Quick question on that.. does the guide at least support custom builds which take you all the way to 85? That way we could use our own knowledge, as you say, combined with the convenience of spending the points automatically when levelling - which for me is the best feature of the talent advisor.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Valiante View Post
                    Quick question on that.. does the guide at least support custom builds which take you all the way to 85? That way we could use our own knowledge, as you say, combined with the convenience of spending the points automatically when levelling - which for me is the best feature of the talent advisor.

Thanks.
                    Yeah, the edit to the .lua file in notepad (or similar) is still the method of adding or modifying the build. That is in this thread, someplace (sorry, at work atm).
                    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I haven't tried to make a build for the added points to 85 for testing, but it should work like normal.

Comment

Ok. Testing time if somebody wants to

ZygorTalentAdvisor:RegisterBuild("MAGE","Zygor Frost (8/2/31)",[[
                        2/2 Early Frost
                        3/3 Piercing Ice
                        2/2 Piercing Chill
                        3/3 Ice Floes
                        1/1 Icy Veins
                        3/3 Fingers of Frost
                        1/3 Improved Freeze
                        1/1 Cold Snap
                        3/3 Brain Freeze
                        1 Improved Freeze // (Now 2/3)
                        1/1 Ice Barrier
                        1 Improved Freeze // (Now 3/3)
                        2/2 Shatter
                        1/2 Shattered Barrier
                        2/2 Frostfire Orb
                        1 Shattered Barrier // (Now 2/2)
                        2/3 Permafrost
                        1/1 Deep Freeze
                        3/3 Netherwind Presence
                        2/2 Master of Elements
                        3/3 Arcane Concentration
                        2/2 Improved Arcane Missiles
                        ]],[[
                        Prime Glyph of Cone of Cold
                        Prime Glyph of Deep Freeze
                        Prime Glyph of Ice Lance
                        Major Glyph of Ice Barrier
                        Major Glyph of Icy Veins
                        Major Glyph of Frost Nova
                        Minor Glyph of Armors
                        Minor Glyph of Conjuring
                        Minor Glyph of Arcane Brilliance
                        ]])
                        If somebody has a 85 Mage and can test it out thank you
                        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.
                        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Bird of Prey, talent not working

Player:Orc Hunter
                          Pet: Bird of Prey

Using the talent advisor i get:
                          error: This build contains unrecognized talents. It it broken and unusable.
                          Unknown talent(s): 'dash|dive' at line 3

I have reported it to zygor, but i know they are very busy with all the updates.
                          If anyone can tell me how to fix this in plain english please, it would be very welcome :-)

Comment

You should update your guides to the newest version which is 1609 in which this problem should be fixed.
                            I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.
                            Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I have used 'Zygor Guides Updater' and its the current version 1609 and its still not working, i will do a manual update tomorrow and post if its fixed or not :-)

Comment

Update

Update:
                                i have removed all zygor files from my WoW, installed zygor manually, even ran the WoW repair, still getting:

error: This build contains unrecognized talents. It it broken and unusable.
                                Unknown talent(s): 'dash|dive' at line 3

Comment

Working...
                                X