No announcement yet.

zygor guide question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I know that the new download has issues and I was getting Lua error, etc. The 2.0 version is up for download but is anybody else having problems with the link? I get a forbidden message plus error message.

Comment

Actually what i got when clicking on the link was:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /Products/Horde180/ on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Comment

Originally posted by ztww13 View Post
        Ok, I know that the new download has issues and I was getting Lua error, etc. The 2.0 version is up for download but is anybody else having problems with the link? I get a forbidden message plus error message.
        I bought and downloaded version 2.0 last night and was playing till 3am with it with no issues at all.
        I use IceHUD, Auctioneer, Natur Enemy Cast bar and a few others on top of Zygor and it's accompanying cartogropher package.

Comment

Downloads are down temporarily and will be back shortly.
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Hopefully I can get the same experience also. I downloaded the updated version today, then only had talent build, and cartographer, but no guide with the new program. Other people have had issues as well I have read. I saw on a thread that a member asked if they could put up the older version and I read from ZG staff that they did so I was like sweet time to lv. Then when I click on the older version link I get the message shown above So I cant get the older version to use

Comment

Just read the staff post, so ignore above post

Comment

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
                Our guide is not loaded as an addon, so policies about addons, no matter how detailed, are irrelevant.
                True, your guide isn't loaded as an add-on. It uses an add-on to function, however, and could possibly be covered by the "no charging for services related to the add-on" part of the policy. This is what I am worried about...semantics.

It's nice to know you have a legal department. If I get banned, will they work diligently for me to have my account restored?

Comment

Originally posted by danarris View Post
                  True, your guide isn't loaded as an add-on. It uses an add-on to function, however, and could possibly be covered by the "no charging for services related to the add-on" part of the policy. This is what I am worried about...semantics.
                  It does not use an addon to function. It can work with an addon, yes, but by that logic, a TTF Font or a TARGA Image file, which can work with addons, would also be against their policy. No service that we charge for is related to an addon. We charge for a text file guide, the viewer addon is free. If you look at some other guide makers out there you'll notice their actual charged for guide loads in the addons list on the character selection screen. That means their guide itself is an addon, the game is recognizing it as one. But if you load the Zygor Guide, you will see that only our free Zygor Guide Viewer is loaded in that list, the game itself does not recognize the guide as an addon. I think that is the strongest proof of all that our guide is not an addon, Warcraft itself is declaring so.

It's nice to know you have a legal department. If I get banned, will they work diligently for me to have my account restored?
                  Sure, if you want to help pay their bills :P

Comment

It does not use an addon to function. It can work with an addon, yes, but by that logic, a TTF Font or a TARGA Image file, which can work with addons, would also be against their policy. No service that we charge for is related to an addon. We charge for a text file guide, the viewer addon is free. If you look at some other guide makers out there you'll notice their actual charged for guide loads in the addons list on the character selection screen. That means their guide itself is an addon, the game is recognizing it as one. But if you load the Zygor Guide, you will see that only our free Zygor Guide Viewer is loaded in that list, the game itself does not recognize the guide as an addon. I think that is the strongest proof of all that our guide is not an addon, Warcraft itself is declaring so.
                    I hope you understand that I am not blaming anyone here for anything...rather, I am just trying to understand this so I can feel better about playing the game under the new policy with Zygor's Guide.

Comment

No worries at all. I do not believe ZG Support took your post to be blameful, I think they were just trying to very thoroughly explain everything for everyone. I hope it helped. :-)
                      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Comment

I hope you understand that I am not blaming anyone here for anything...rather, I am just trying to understand this so I can feel better about playing the game under the new policy with Zygor's Guide.
                        Yea, it's a great question to ask, and I want everyone to understand why Zygor Guides is different from everyone else out there and how we ensure usage of our products by going that extra step out of the way to make sure everything follows Blizzards policies.

Comment

This exact paragraph should be added under the FAQ. It would silence so many critics. I'm sold. I already bought the guide a few days ago, and I'm sold yet again.

Comment

kojac

why is it so hard for people to understand that zygor is not an addon? it is a program runnin on your computer that interprets what you are doin on warcraft. therefore it is not an addon it is a program all to itself.

Comment

Originally posted by scorpiontamer1972 View Post
                              why is it so hard for people to understand that zygor is not an addon? it is a program runnin on your computer that interprets what you are doin on warcraft. therefore it is not an addon it is a program all to itself.
                              wow, ok. No... not even close. If that were the case it would have been banned for EULA violations. Any interaction with WoW must be done through the addons layer. If a program attempts to interface with WoW directly outside of that layer it's insta-ban. A separate subroutine in WoW is designed to specifically scan for executables interacting with any memory space in WoW. It's done this way to prevent automation or hacking.

Zygors guide is in the form of a text file on disk. The addon you use runs as a UI addon and simply reads these files from disk, combining what it reads about your in game status with what the text files (guides) ask you to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X