Gold!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold!

Do ppl mainly get there money from dailies?...i noticed alot of 80s have no gathering skills and just crafting skills...how can u do this without something to back it up...is it mainly dailies everyday?...just curious sorry if this is a stupid question..im just wondering if dailies become a main source of income until they get a crafting proffession up

Everyone does things their own way. I've got 3 80's and a 72 (with a miner and flower picker -- the rest is all crafting). I don't do any gathering unless there's something I need and I may spend 15 minutes on a mining or herbing run for it. If I wanted to expend the time, I could probably get 1k gold a day easily doing daily quests but there generally isn't a need for it.

Dalaran Fishing Daily -- I don't normally do the Wintergrasp one (takes too much time). If I get 2 waterlogged recipes (125g each in AH) out of the 4 toons, plus the normal drops, that's 300g a day.
    Dalaran Cooking Daily -- two of my toons don't have all the recipes or a hat yet so those are the only ones doing them.
    Dalaran Jewelcrafting Daily -- I have a JC and need this for tokens for jewel cuts.
    I have one toon that isn't exalted with all the home cities, ebon watch, or sons of hodir -- shadow vault, hodir, argent tourney dailies -- 250g (I think).

When you add in the time for 1 daily heroic and weekly Dalaran raid on the 3 80s, a weekly ICC 25 guild run and daily ICC10 / ToC10 / VOA10, etc (two of the 80s do these), there's not a lot of time left in the day for flying around mining ores or picking flowers. I don't advertise my crafting (blacksmith, enchanter, engineer, alchemist, jewelcrafter, inscriptionist) but if I'm in a city and someone looks for the tradeskill I have on my current toon, I'll whisper them a link.

I'm not saying that gold isn't an issue at 80, but it certainly becomes easier to accumulate the longer you're playing since you won't be needing to buy as much after you've got the top end gear.

Comment

Ohh how fun back when I used to have five+ hours a day to play and get the laundry list of things like that completed. Now I am lucky to get more then an hour a day, and some days not even that.
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by n3k05 View Post
        Do ppl mainly get there money from dailies?...i noticed alot of 80s have no gathering skills and just crafting skills...how can u do this without something to back it up...is it mainly dailies everyday?...just curious sorry if this is a stupid question..im just wondering if dailies become a main source of income until they get a crafting proffession up
        The main reason why you see that is a lot of ppl have more than 1 level 80. To support them with mats and money. And also long time players prolly have around 30k gold on their bank character.
        For glory, for honour, for victory! For the Alliance!

Comment

Working...
        X