Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PvP??

Hi everyone,

I just started a paladin on a PvP server because i fancied a change from PvE.
    The trouble is that im a complete noob to PvP and i noticed in the Zygor talent advisor there is a PvE lvling build and a PvP lvling build.

My question is this:-

Is the PvP build "Pure" PvP based or is it designed for PvP server's to still be a good build to solo lvl but also have a few extra's incase you run into trouble with other players?

Thanks in advance
    Current Toon's:

Dwarf Warrior - 110
    Night Elf Demon Hunter - 110
    Night Elf Druid - 100

hello henderson

if i assume you are still at a pretty low level with your paladin? i wouldnt recomend you to follow the zygor pvp build.

This is a better build for the first 50-54 levels: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sVZEhxhMzgzcc:0 you still use a good two handed weapon, the only thing that you do damage with is judgement and autoswing. so make the judgements hit hard and with reckoning you have 10% chance of get an extra swing.
    use judgemet of light, retribution aura, seal of the righteous + gear with +str and +stamina. and at low levels a little +spellpower here and there wouldnt hurt at all either.

you gonna find yourself having trouble with warriors, the only thing that helps against them is trying to keep them between 5-8 yards and kite them like a little screaming girl. and judge them if you have hammer of justice off cd you can hammer them and pull of a autoswing to

against healers you use seal of justice, to stun them but when they are stunned for the third time hammer them and try to finish them of.

When hitting 50-54 you can switch to retribution. to a build something like this. http://www.wowhead.com/talent#sZZVfrtrhuMdhrsu:Mq but even when you are retribution dont be afraid to switch to sword and board. i use a macro like this i.e

/cast Seal of Light
    /equip Sword of Choice
    /equip Shield of Choice

When fighting as retribution you gonna use cleanse very often and Art of war procs i mostly used to cast Flash of Light on youself. Still warriors and healers will be problematic but use above tactics for them. but at level 60 you also use divine storm against warriors 8 yards range.

This is pvp builds that i use with good results. they are also valid leveling builds. And if you want some help with lvl 80 paladin pvp check this dudes pvp videos they are really helpfull. http://warcraftmovies.com/pv.php?t=3&l=Hofflerand

hope this helps you on your path to higher levels and better loot. best regards Jerro

oops forgot, when pvp with seal of command you want more crits, it will be the seal doing the most of your damage.
    Last edited by Jerro; June 13, 2010, 02:38 AM. Reason: more info
    For glory, for honour, for victory! For the Alliance!

Comment

Uhh, hate to say it Jerro, but Blizzard just recently removed the ability to swap weapons/equipment during combat so that macro won't work as intended anymore. Think it was the 3.3 patch.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
        Uhh, hate to say it Jerro, but Blizzard just recently removed the ability to swap weapons/equipment during combat so that macro won't work as intended anymore. Think it was the 3.3 patch.
        lol you are a little missinformed, you can still swap main and offhand! earlier you could also swap trinkets but that was removed before WotLK.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerro View Post
          lol you are a little missinformed, you can still swap main and offhand! earlier you could also swap trinkets but that was removed before WotLK.
          Nope. All information and comments from those that used to swap weapons durring combat are asking why they are now (as of 3.3) unable to swap weapons durring combat.

I have never had the need to change weapons durring a fight, but will try this tonight.
          I do know, however, they went so far as to keep a player from taking off a healm, which I tried to do durring a mob pull, and noticed I had my fishing hat on still. Unable to change that item until the fight was over.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
            Nope. All information and comments from those that used to swap weapons durring combat are asking why they are now (as of 3.3) unable to swap weapons durring combat.

I have never had the need to change weapons durring a fight, but will try this tonight.
            I do know, however, they went so far as to keep a player from taking off a healm, which I tried to do durring a mob pull, and noticed I had my fishing hat on still. Unable to change that item until the fight was over.
            pretty funny i made this earlier today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UQOeU_n2n0 after i read cabbys comment. i apologise for the bad quality but if look at my weapons u see that i constantly change weapon. so my suggestion is why dont try it yourself? well i do play on EU servers but i dont think that matters to much.

Comment

My only question then is, are you a rogue? I cant get onto that site for the video, so I appologize for needing to ask.

It seems that rogues are the ones left out of the weapons change lock introduced in 3.3.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                My only question then is, are you a rogue? I cant get onto that site for the video, so I appologize for needing to ask.

It seems that rogues are the ones left out of the weapons change lock introduced in 3.3.
                nope paladin, and youtube is still processing the video thats why maybe. try again in a few minutes.

Comment

Odd. Ill check into this later when I can log in.

Ill wrap up this posting though. Sort of got off topic from the OP.

Comment

true it is off topic, but since i use that macro everyday both in pve and pvp so ....

well lets say it is useful even for retribution paladin still. atleast on eu servers dunno if there is a different story on Us servers.

Comment

well concerning the macro issue, there seem to be some problem when dualweilding weapons. im not 100% sure on this but it look like you need to specify slot when dualweilding.

/equipslot 16 Sword 1
                      /equipslot 17 Sword 2

and sometimes ppl doesnt hear the equipsound when swapping weapon, wich can be confusing in a stressfull situation.

Comment

Haven't tested yet for main hand and off hand weapons/shields but I know on my hunter I can't swap the ranged weapon during combat. Haven't tried to do it with a macro yet, I use Outfitter.
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ah well back to henderson, please feel free to ask any questions about prot or ret paladin. Im basically crap at holy and healing. And ill try to help you after my best knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                          X