A small suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A small suggestion

First of all I will say I love the guide. Really helped with my alts.

I am currently on my 5 toon and u am currently at 57. Now the first part of this will be a question to see if there is a reason behind it. So what i wanted to know is why the guide tells you to stay in old world and not move on till 60 for Outland and 70 for northrend?

My suggestion would be to change this and give the option to start both at the #8 lvl. The starting areas for both are made for these lvls and it is much more efficiant to do this I belive. If I am missing something then please fill me in and I will shut up lol

I second this.

Comment

Originally posted by ygar View Post
      So what i wanted to know is why the guide tells you to stay in old world and not move on till 60 for Outland and 70 for northrend?
      2 reasons. The first is grinding. We promise customers that they will encounter no grinding once they are synced with the guide. The only way to guarantee that is by going there at the appropriate level. The second reason is because, as many customers who went to those zones early found out, you will run into quests you cannot do because you're not high enough level.

My suggestion would be to change this and give the option to start both at the #8 lvl. The starting areas for both are made for these lvls and it is much more efficiant to do this I belive. If I am missing something then please fill me in and I will shut up lol
      Cataclysm is right around the corner and much of the game is being changed. We don't know yet how these changes will affect the 1-60 portion of the game. Since we're going to have to rewrite 1-60 from scratch for Cataclysm, it doesn't make sense to us to rewrite the guide now, and then rewrite it again in a month or so when Cataclysm goes into beta testing. It makes more sense to us to spend that time developing our Gold and Dungeon guides which seem to be in higher demand than a leveling guide revision. I hope this clears things up for you.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

That is awesome and I totaly agree with the not doing it right now as a dungeon guide would be awesome.

I have to disagree withone bit. I have been to both Outland and northrend at 58 and 68 and had no reason to grind as there are so many quests in each of the starting areas for the expansions. As this as bliz intended.

Saying that I appreciate you replying so quickly and look forward to seeing the guides that are being worked on. Keep up the awesome work.

Comment

Cataclysm closed beta testing has now begun.
          http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...es.html?100630
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cataclysm Closed Beta Started 1/07/2010

hi all good news for fans of world of warcraft today as a new chapter is lunched..
            as i was saying the long awaited closed beta has started and i hope we all get in but iam unshure how many people get selected but i hope atleast a few get in..

Zygor reguarding your post i do not see why you wanna get rid of the questing guide since most level with quests and your takeing that away to allow dungons ?
            why since some only do quests and none dungons till level 80
            and some prefure the experanice of questing

Gold and Dungeon guides which seem to be in higher demand than a leveling guide revision

Question are you not gonna cover your guide to 85 with cataclysm and the rest of the new game expension since this was promised and iam expecting this to be held please since we need a quests guide as in the previous 3 games wow and burning creasde and lech king

why do we have to miss out on a questing guide for catcalysm ?

always was happy with your guides but iam not to keen on haveing stuff left out

henric

Comment

I think you've misread stuff henric. The dungeon guide that was being talked about would be separate and in addition to the normal leveling guide. There are no plans to stop work on the normal leveling guide, and there will be an upgrade available once Cataclysm is released to cover the 81-85 section.

The plans are to re-write the entire guide (lvls 1-60) for Cataclysm since all those zones are changed. Since Cataclysm will be released soon, there's no point in trying to do major changes to the current guide since it will all be changed shortly for Cataclysm.

Comment

Misread

sorry i was not in the reading mode good to hear project is not scrapped and i apploguise

sorry guys
                Henric

ps..

what are the chances of any of us getting a invite to the closed beta
                if any of us do can we make like a guild and catch up

would be really kool if it is possable

also plz post screenshots

henric
                Originally posted by cabby View Post
                I think you've misread stuff henric. The dungeon guide that was being talked about would be separate and in addition to the normal leveling guide. There are no plans to stop work on the normal leveling guide, and there will be an upgrade available once Cataclysm is released to cover the 81-85 section.

The plans are to re-write the entire guide (lvls 1-60) for Cataclysm since all those zones are changed. Since Cataclysm will be released soon, there's no point in trying to do major changes to the current guide since it will all be changed shortly for Cataclysm.

Comment

I don't think we'd be able to post screen shots as that would be against the NDA that is a normal part of all closed beta testing. Screen shots would normally be allowed only once the beta is opened to the public.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                    I don't think we'd be able to post screen shots as that would be against the NDA that is a normal part of all closed beta testing. Screen shots would normally be allowed only once the beta is opened to the public.
                    The NDA has been lifted. :-)
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Well crap. Guess I did not get an invite to the beta. That or Blizz simply wants to call me personally later today instead of some informal email so there may still be some hope
                      Cairne Realm
                      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

They claim that they'll be adding more testers week by week so we might still get invites.

Comment

Working...
                        X