Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No hope for "Thanariun's hope"?

Hi,

The Quest "Thanariun's hope" step 79 Ally guide is not a lvl 16 quest imho.
    I have not been able to do this q on at least 4 or 5 differend classes without dying at least 3 times or skipping it and retrying it at lvl 18-20 even Blizz advises lvl 18 for this q.
    The same goes for the q you should do after that "cave mushrooms" step 76 Ally guide, Blizz advises lvl 17 for this q, and i also haven't been able to do this one at lvl 16 without dying 3+ times on at least 5 differend classes, atm i'm doing "cave mushrooms" on a rogue and died once for every mushroom i had to gather so far (that's 4 times now, and still 2 to go) which is not worth the reward:
    1250 xp,
    a lvl 13 greeny cloak, and
    10 mushrooms 243 hp food.(from lvl 15+ you can eat 552 any way)
    just vendor trash i'd say.
    I think i'm an avg player, and have no trouble with most other quests as far as i can think of and finished the guide on 4 chars so far, but these 2 quests really start to annoy me.
    please do something about it because they are not in the guide so i can skip them

PS
    the poll is not really clear in its options, but the "yes and No" are pro and con for remove and the 1 - 4 ,.. well, i guess that one's clear enough.
    Yes
    14.29%
    1 level up
    0.00%
    2 levels up
    14.29%
    3 levels up
    28.57%
    4 levels up
    0.00%
    No
    42.86%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by purplehaze65; July 5, 2010, 08:09 PM. Reason: PS

I think you've just had some terrible luck. I've only ever died once doing this quest when the guide told me to do it, and that was a squishy mage. I've never had a problem doing the cave mushrooms either. And I will say I've done this many times as there are others here that can verify I'm an alt-a-holic with almost 50 toons spread across many servers.

We all have our bad quests tho, as I hate going into the cave in the NE starting area and I automatically skip those quests and grind out the lost XP.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

my personal solution

hi,

i remember that i have done these qs at a later time without much extra effort since the guide sends me to the same zone and area at lvl 21 any way, okay, i admit the xp rew will be a bit less but the time you save by skipping them will make up for that for sure, so, since they are the last two qs before hearting out to westfall and not returning untill lvl 21 i skip them for now and will make that my private policy for these two qs from now on.

btw Cabby, with almost 50 alts you could say you are no longer an avg player but an experienced one, that makes some what of a difference i think, but shouldn't the guide be accessible for beginners also?

Comment

Well, I'd only call myself experienced with the low levels. Right now I only have 1 lvl 80 toon that I only play for doing things like the Midsummer events.

Yes, it should be accessible for beginners and I'll admit that the bear mother can be a pain solo with having 4 cubs there. That's one that could easily be moved back a couple levels to help make it a bit easier for newer players, but I think that even if it's moved back a couple levels the success rate for doing it will still depend on how well you use the skills available to your class.

As for the cave mushrooms, that should be able to stay the same level. Those mobs are easy to pull one at a time if you're patient and don't just rush in.

Comment

i have to agree that cave mushrooms is not of the same caliber as den mother
          with CM you actually have a fighting chance but theres one problem, the mobs in that cave slam you into the "agro zone" of their buddies, and then they jump you with 3 or 4.
          i know they can be killed easy one by one, if you are lucky enough not to land in another one's agro zone

Comment

Yes, it's harder for melee classes to do Cave Mushrooms I found. I had no problems with a priest as you could pick the nagas off at range (and shield yourself in case anything went wrong).

Den mother was also OK on a priest so long as I kept my shield up. Kill the mother first - the cubs aren't too difficult once she's out of the way.

Comment

Always think smart when fighting mobs. When you find mobs like the nagas that want to throw you around in the cave position the mobs/yourself so that when you pull your back is to the cave wall or empty area. It's very easy to use positional awareness to keep from being knocked into other mobs if you take just a second to think about your positioning.

Comment

done both later at 21

Hi,

I was on the forum to file a bug/error any way so i might update on this post as well.
                I've done both quests at lvl 21 since, as i said earlier, the guide has a few quests in this area at lvl 21 any way.
                It also rewarded the same xp as doing it at lvl 16, and the extra effort was next to nil because i did both on my way to "the tower of althalax", step 47 lvl 21,.
                CM was in fact so easy that i helped a lvl 13 pally, that got killed when i came in, to finish it on his 2nd try and TH was a breeze now.
                All in all it doesn't make any difference in xp reward to do these quests anywhere between 16 and 21, but doing them later will surely save some people some time because they won't have to run back after dying (maybe even more than once , and isn't that one of the guide's main goals (saving time i mean)?

Comment

Working...
                X