Question about skip impossible quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about skip impossible quest

what does this features means im new to this it was of but what wil it do if i turn it on?

The skip impossible steps check box tells the guide to skip steps that you don't have quests for. For example it will tell the guide to skip collecting mushrooms from the cave if you don't have the Cave Mushrooms quest in your log. Normally these steps would be skipped automatically but now and then they don't get skipped and having this box checked will make sure the guide skips them. It's most useful when you decide to skip a quest on your own or decide to abandon a quest.

http://www.zygorguides.com/help/dynamic.php
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      The skip impossible steps check box tells the guide to skip steps that you don't have quests for. For example it will tell the guide to skip collecting mushrooms from the cave if you don't have the Cave Mushrooms quest in your log. Normally these steps would be skipped automatically but now and then they don't get skipped and having this box checked will make sure the guide skips them. It's most useful when you decide to skip a quest on your own or decide to abandon a quest.

http://www.zygorguides.com/help/dynamic.php

Ok thnx for the responce i wil let it uncheck then how it was thats the best way

Comment

Actually, one step that is considered "impossible" is step 22 of the Vashj'ir 80-82 guide. That step simply tells you to grab a quest from Moanah STormhoof, "Better Late than Dead".

With "Skip impossible steps" turned on, it skips it, but with that feature turned off, it suggests to do it.

Why is this step considered "impossible"? It's completely doable.

I say another thread 1 day ago about this. But it got closed by Zygor staff, just saying that "SIS isn't working and was disabled". But how does that explain that SIS has been working for me and has been skipping low quests (blue colored in the guide) and going directly to level appropriate steps (red in the guide) on other toons? It doesn't seem disabled? Was only part of it disabled? Are some steps considered "impossible" by error?

Thanks.

Comment

Right now you shouldn't be able to toggle the 'skip impossible steps' as it's been disabled along with the rest of the SIS. Please update your guides.

As for your main question, that's part of the reason why the SIS isn't working and has been disabled. The team have to fix that kind of stuff so that quests will be marked properly. It probably thinks it's impossible because of bad quest chain linking.

Comment

I had version .1577 when I wrote this (updated a few hours ago), but checked the updater anyway as you suggested, and updated to .1583 just now. I am still able to toggle 'skip impossible steps' on or off, and it still does so. SIS has not been disabled at all, it just doesn't work correctly (quests being mislabeled as impossible and such).

Thanks for the info, it's probably bad quest chain linking. I'll just turn it off, it's all new stuff anyway, wouldn't want to miss anything. I'm sure SIS will be working by the time I get another toon at 80.
            Last edited by hypersky; December 9, 2010, 08:23 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Something with your install must not be right. The 1583 update has that box disabled that you can't select it at all. Do you by chance have a 2nd AddOns directory somewhere on your hard drive?

Comment

Not that I know of, and definitly not in my WoW folder. And I did a complete delete of all zygor folders a few days ago (even in saved variables in WTF) and did a clean install.

It's alright, maybe I'll do that again. I'll just leave SIS off until it works right anyway, but just letting you know it's not disabled.

Comment

Working...
                X