OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get rid of the corpse run comments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I get rid of the corpse run comments?

How do I get rid of the smart a-- comments that appear under the directional indicator during a corpse run. The last thing I need to see after getting my clock cleaned is some wise a-- remark from some jerk who thinks he/she/it is being clever.

The messages are there to provide comic relief, and this is the first time we've had a complaint, so currently there is no way to remove the messages but we will look into adding that feature.
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I think a toggle option would be nice but I am not overly upset by it. So far I have had three types of deaths, on the tank since that is what I play now:

1) I go AFK in an area I should not (usually wife calling me) and I come back dead ... comments don't bother me
      2) Have a dead beat healer or group in a random. This annoys me and the comments do not help. Lucky this is not often but happens
      3) Good group and we simply get in over our head, tis just the way things roll so the comments do not bother me.

I'd probably turn them off if there was an option simply to put less clutter on the screen if it was an option. Not because they bother me
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

iv never saw the death comments when leveling lol guess i need to do some pvp and see them

Comment

I don't see the big deal - it should be a way of reminding you not to take things, especially WoW (and your virtual death within it), too seriously
          Proud noob, opinionated nerd, and asker of obvious questions.

Main: Reliq (DK - 85).
          Alts: Baym (Paladin - 85), Aotearoa (Priest - 85), Selleck (Hunter), Reliqa (Warrior)

Comment

I think the comments are funny and remind me that I am indeed playing a "game".

Comment

Yeah, I love to see the hummor.
              But not everyone appreciates the same things.
              Nothing wrong with wanting a choice to see or not to see the comments.
              Im sure Zygor will put that into an update.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

this may be in another thread still searching, but how do you consistently enable this.... meaning if i say die in twilight highlands ... right now the arrow points me to the quest objective... not corpse.

Comment

That might actually be a bug. I can't say for sure as I personally don't use the Zygor arrow for my questing.
                  My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Added to the To-Do list:
                    1. Fix corpse arrow
                    2. Add option to remove corpse arrow comments

:-)
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Personally, I love the comments. The first time I was running back and saw "bit off more than you can chew, eh?" I literally laughed at loud.

I also love the "Ex You" indicator. In fact, I hereby make a motion for MORE smartass comments. Of course, the option to turn them off is fine for those who wish it (I'm not dissing you, OP, I promise!), but I would never use that option.

Just sayin'.

Comment

Yea... I wouldn't turn them off either... Like mrcaptainpants said, I have snickered at them more than once as I made my way back to my corpse. I have no problem with an option to turn them off, but that would be one option that I personally wouldn't use.
                        * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Working...
                        X