OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Faction Changing interrupt the guides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does Faction Changing interrupt the guides?

i have a Alliance Rogue that i want to move to Horde side BUT hes already level 10 and i been using Zygor Guides

so basically my question is would a Faction Change interrupt the questing path in any ways of the guides? switching from Alliance guide to Horde guide?

because obviously its not going to say that i have completed the Horde starting zone quests. how can i fall back in line?

thanks

Honestly, if your alliance rogue is only level 10 then it's a waste of money to pay for a faction change. You can create a horde rogue and have level 10 in a few hours of /played time.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
      Honestly, if your alliance rogue is only level 10 then it's a waste of money to pay for a faction change. You can create a horde rogue and have level 10 in a few hours of /played time.
      And you can even mail heirlooms Horde<->Alliance in case that was the problem.

Comment

Remaking the character would be a much better option. Faction changes are difficult because your quest history gets wiped basically and the Smart Injection System, which dynamically finds the best place for you to start, relies on your past questing history. With the guide though you should easily be able to get a character back to level 10 within a couple hours.
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I agree 100% with ZG, but for another reason all together...

I personally wouldnt want to pay the faction change fee for anything under level 50.
          The only positive I could see would be getting all the flight paths for that faction.

A level 10 takes about 2 hours to get to with Zygor Guides.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

for some reason i knew your replys would be the same

but i was really looking for a general answer. would Faction Changing be a problem to the guides in general? ok what if i had a level 50 character and i wanted to switch factions?

Comment

From what I understand is all ur quest history is erased when u fraction change so u'd have to just take the too lvl 50 and just skip what quest needed a prevous quest if it's chain quest.
              LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
              Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
              Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
              Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
              Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
              Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
              Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
              Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
              Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
              Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
              Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
              Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

The SIS will still do it's best to find the right spot for you, just with no quest history it might want you to do more than you really need to.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by uniquexjc View Post
                  for some reason i knew your replys would be the same

but i was really looking for a general answer. would Faction Changing be a problem to the guides in general? ok what if i had a level 50 character and i wanted to switch factions?
                  OK, I think I get your question.

Changing factions at a level pre-Outland would be just like starting the guide fresh on a pre leveled toon. You would need to start at the starting area, set up SIS to zero, skip impossible steps, keep travel steps checked (you have them all now, from my understanding), and right-click the down arrow.

So SIS can handle anything you want to throw at it.

But level 10?
                  Come on now!

(j/k)
                  "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
                  X