Leveling question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leveling question

Hey all. Been using the guide since level 38 on my current Shammy and have to say I love it! Quick question. I have a full 5 piece set of BOA gear so I have been outpacing the guide which is no problem. I just made level 70 last night though and in the guide I'm only in Blades Edge in the level 66 area quests in the guide, so needless to say I'm quite a bit ahead of where the guide has me. (I know about the level slider and have it set at 5 levels) Question is am I better off now that I'm 70 to just skip ahead to Northrend and start off there or should I stay where I am (and perhaps move the level slider down to 2 levels)?

Thanks for any advice.

Yiix the Elemental Shammy

I'd say move to Northrend. You can easily abandon all quests that are in your log right now and just load up the 70-72 guide and it won't break anything at all.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks. Off to Northrend for me!

Yiix

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the slider is working the opposite way of what you think. I also thought that it would "skip ahead" in regards to how many levels you had on the slider, but it seems like that's not the case.

I started a new toon, a Hunter, and had the slider set at 3, thinking that I would be able to blast through with my BoA gear. I began to notice though, the guide would never be further than 3 levels BEHIND my current level. Thinking I was just taking care of some quest chain pre-requisites, I let it be, until I came across a quest I knew for sure wasn't part of a chain. I loaded up the options, set the slider back to zero, and sure enough, the guide skipped right up to my current level.

The wording can be confusing, but I'm sure that's how it works. Also, the max the slider goes to is 80. Leading me to believe that if, for some reason, you wanted to go through the guide on your level 80 toon without skipping anything, you'd set that to 80 and away you would go.

Edit: exact wording in tooltip mouseover, "....with a setting of 1 and more, only quests more than that many levels *below* you will be skipped."

This would explain why you were still in OL at 70 in a 66 zone.
        Last edited by stevaz; October 24, 2010, 05:17 AM. Reason: Edit: exact wording in tooltip mouseover, "....with a setting of 1 and more, only quests more than that many levels *below*

Comment

Originally posted by stevaz View Post
          ...I started a new toon, a Hunter, and had the slider set at 3, thinking that I would be able to blast through with my BoA gear. I began to notice though, the guide would never be further than 3 levels BEHIND my current level.
          What the SIS 'slidder' allows is x number of levels you can be ahead of the guide. So in essence, you are correct; the SIS set at #3 will allow you to be 3 levels ahead of the level the guide says you should be.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Working...
          X