OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Auctioneer Power trading and power selling guide.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cabby View Post
    I've found that in the long run the recipes don't do that well. They're ok when you're first getting started on a server but after that you're better off just ignoring them.
    You are right. Recipes aren't the best choice, BUT they can be depending on which recipe it is.

Think about this. How many people clear toc25 every week on your realm? Answer = lots. How many recipes is that combines? Answer = lots.
    How many people actually use those recipes? Answer = Noway you can figure out. How many people actually sell those recipes? The answer to that question lies in your auction house. Go look, i bet it is quite a bit. My point is, There is too much competition >*Most of the time*< Because everyday people do toc25, that means there are lots of recipes on the market, and when you try to sell the recipes.. This is what happens.
    I used to sell just recipes, until i realized that i kept getting undercut, and i basically lost profit because i had to resell, and resell over and over again just because people kept under cutting me.
    >*Not always will this be an issue*< Some patterns might not be that common, so always check to see what deals are avaliable.
    But i always recommend power selling different categories

Your auctioneer advisor
    -Xalvius, Mal'ganis

Comment

Originally posted by xalviux View Post
      First of all, prices vary by realm, so i am only familiar with the auction house on my realm. The trick to knowing what to buy, and what to resell is gained through experience by auctioning over and over. And also by scanning the auction house once or twice a day.

However, the common money making items are Crafting patterns from uld/toc25.
      Level 80 weapons, armor, Crafting materials (abyss crystal) (titanium ore/bar) Such as those for an example. Basically, anything that is of value to a level 80, or is of value to someone that is leveling that would probably use whatever you're selling. Think when you sell something, ask yourself.. ''Would i buy this if i were leveling?'' or ''Would i buy this if i were level 80?''. You always should think about the person who is buying ALWAYS. That is another good key to selling things. Anyways i hope i was helpful by giving you these tips.

You're welcome

- Xalvius, Mal'ganis.
      Thank you for your response. I'm still getting the hang of things and I have not participated in a raid yet so I'm not familiar with the term TOC25 what is that and what purpose does it serve?

Comment

Originally posted by 1manarmy View Post
        Thank you for your response. I'm still getting the hang of things and I have not participated in a raid yet so I'm not familiar with the term TOC25 what is that and what purpose does it serve?
        ToC or TOC is the acronym for the raid (cant think which that stands for atm lol, and cant log in to check LOL).

(Edited by Silverhawk11) - Trial of the Crusader. :-D.

Anyway, the 25 of the post in trade chat is the number of toons allowed on a given raid. Some instances and/or raids have max number of persons allowed to join in a raid; 5, 10, or 25. So if you are looking to join a group for a raid, and the raid is a 25 toon raid, you will post; "LFG (your spec here; DPS, heal, tank, etc and your gearscore if known) ToC 25. PST."

Hope that helps a bit.
        "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I have found the best things to buy and sell are profession levelling mats. Especiallly enchanting if you can afford to hold on to them for a while. There is no need to worry about being undercut with enchant mats since they have no deposit cost. I got started when a guild dumped all of their void crystals for a total of 300g (nearly went broke buying them at the time), which was 30% or less of market value. I now set the market price on these at 9g 99s 99c on my server. and only have about 3 stacks left. I easily have 1000G or more in infinite dust alone.

Another tip, if you get any crap green drops, they are almost always not worth auctioning (at least on my server), get a friendly enchanter to DE them, even if it means mailing back and forth between toons until then.

Dont forget to run searches on auctioneer either, especially vendor searches. If you don't know what that is, read the search tab on auctioneer, it will find all the things people have posted for less than sell to vendor prices, and bid on them all. Many auction utils have a default bid price of 1c. If these items are green, they are usually worth having DE'ed. I am even considering giving random enchanters a commision to De stuff for me, or perhaps levelling a DK just to learn Disenchanting.

I am not necessarily a rich player, with tons of cash, but I think I am wealthy. My inventory consists of two alts each with their own guild and bank. I now sort items to bank alts depending on type, and one alt has nothing but enchant mats.

The search tab on auctioneer also lets you search all items up for auction below a % threshold of market price and tells you to bid or buy to stay below that threshold. Just learn your servers economy enough to know which items to ignore, I am stuck with some primal nether I bought very cheaply, which will rapidly lose money on reposting costs if I actually put it up.

Comment

/Trade is another way of selling ur stuff (if u have it in bulk) Im an inscript and i'll farm and make cards for my decks as much as possible, obviously i will have an odd card i dont need for the set, as i already have it, i look at AH and it says something like ''Seven of Nobles - 395g'' so i type in /trade - WTS Seven of Nobles /w me with offer... i tell u, ive had players /w me with offers higher then the ah already, if ur worried about them checking AH, advertise ur sale in a non-city area... A good seller shouldnt leave his item in a sale and hope for the best, let people know what you are selling.. i see in trade chat so and so say, WTS [Eternal Life], ill /w them straight away and try to reason a good price.. you cant do this to a bid button can u?

Comment

Now for Greens vs enchanting mats? which to go for? when AHING around.

Comment

If you use Auctioneer and have a good scan history it will tell you if you can get more selling it vs. disenchanting the item and selling the enchant mats.
                My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

level tailoring, or get a tailor firiend - tailored greens are very very cheap to make and give tons of mats when disenchanted.

Comment

One other thing to consider, best to read upcoming patch notes to know when to buy or sell items, as ingame changes can have a huge effect on the economy. New ammo for hunters altered the price of some eternals, and the new dungeon finder has turned the formerly expensive frozen orbs into vendor trash. (seriously, I have seen some on AH for less than vendor pricing.)

No major pathes coming until cataclysm, so that probably won't be an issue.

Patience is also key, if you can afford to hold items for a bit while market stabilizes, or until say a skinner has changed zones and a leatherworker is levelling, you can substantially increase your profit.

Comment

Working...
                    X