No quests to pick up since patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No quests to pick up since patch

Ok, so here's the deal. Today I downloaded the last guide update and tried to play for the first time since last patch was introduced. I'm playing my new horde priest who was lvl 21 at the time. I chose the guide for kalimdor lvl 20-25. Problem is, I can't pick up any quests. Going back in the guide does not help. Been back all the way to entering azahara to see any questmarks at all.
    After some instances I'm now 26, so I tried next part of the guide, lvl 25-26, which sent me to overseer Gorthak. I can't see that he gives any quest and I can't interact with him either. Just as the previous part of the guide.
    So how do I fix this? Do I need to go back all the way to lvl 13 in the guide?

Since your 26 now here's my suggestion. Load up the 20-25 guide, step 1. Now this will take a little bit of time but go to each of the Accept quest lines in the guides and see if the NPC has the quest for you to pick up. If you can't pick up the quest that the guide wants you to pick up then go to the next step. As I say it will take a little time to travel to all of the NPCs but you will eventually find one that you can accept according to the guide. When you do take it and do any steps after that that you are able to do. You still might get a couple more steps here and there that you can't accept a quest, but once you find that first one it will be your 'foot in the door' for getting in sync with the guides again.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

That is exactly what I've done. The very first step in the lvl 25-30 section is the one which sends me to Overseer Gorthak. He's not giving me any quests.

Comment

If he's not giving any quests then skip to the next step and try to get a quest from the next NPC. You might have to do this quite a bit until you can find one that you can actually accept and start to get into the guide.

Comment

I did that for the lvl 20-25 part of the guide, and I had to get all the way back to entering Azahara (guess the lvl 13 part) to find any quests at all.

Comment

Look for steps in the guide that want you to get a FP. It might not be a new FP to you but the guide will have it as getting a new FP. Most of the time the NPCs in the area of those FP steps will have quests that you can do to get started.

Comment

I am now lvl 30 (by doing instances) and went to the part of the guide 30-35. I backtracked until I found a step that was red (as they used to be to pick up) instead of grey (which I took as not being able to do and which all were yesterday in the other part of the guide) which was at lvl 29. This step sends me to talk to a scout in stonetalon to pick up a quest, the guy doesn't give a quest, just like yesterday with the previous part. I keep backtracking and the previous parts are also showing me a red step, to pick up. I can't interact with ANY NPC.

I have backtracked all the way to were the guide asks me to take the Krom'gar flight path, then to pick up a quest at Krom'gar Quartermaster. I can only interact with this NPC to repair/sell/buy but he gives no quest.

Cabby, you keep asking me to backtrack to earlier stages, that's exactly what I've been doing. I still can't find any quest to pick up that is within 3 lvls of me, following the guide. I have now tried in 3 different sections of the guide: lvls 20-25, 25-30 and 30-35. It's driving me nuts. Right now I just keep doing instances since the guide is to no use for me whatsoever!

Comment

I have now found 1 quest I could take, all the way down at lvl 26. Just lets hope that I will be able to continue from there without more problems :/

Comment

Not working very well. I picked up that quest, did it, and then the guide sent me to pick up one of those that I can't get. Can't pick up anyone forward from there, so now I'm finding myself backtracking to a quest I can do, I do it, then I must backtrack again until I find another I can take, do that one, and then start backtracking again. I'm going backward but without managing to go forward in the guide.
                  Seems the new quests are all so linked that I can't do anything unless I go back quite a lot in the guide. For example, in Azahara I could do all the quests right at the beginning - for lvl 13 and I was 29! But I coulnd't pick up any quests further ahead in Azahara
                  Is this a Blizz problem? Did they really think through the new quests?

Comment

Easy there bro, some of the quests that are in the guides right now may not be in game until Cata is released. This is a known thing. I can only ask that you be patient and play an alt to grind up some mad gold or something until Cata is released. I myself have been working on achievements for my 3 80s. I've got my Paladin to 68 right now just from soloing dungeons and I need to take a break from him. Gaming alone is quite boring but it's good money, xp and loot when you can farm dungeons by yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dulak View Post
                      Easy there bro, some of the quests that are in the guides right now may not be in game until Cata is released. This is a known thing. I can only ask that you be patient and play an alt to grind up some mad gold or something until Cata is released. I myself have been working on achievements for my 3 80s. I've got my Paladin to 68 right now just from soloing dungeons and I need to take a break from him. Gaming alone is quite boring but it's good money, xp and loot when you can farm dungeons by yourself lol.
                      If you had paid attention to my posts Dulak you would have seen that my problem was not that SOME quests were none existant, but that I could not pick up ANY quest, after looking in 3 different areas for about 10 lvls. However, I think I'm on track now. Had to backtrack quite a few lvls, which took some time. But I managed to pick up now most of the quests that I couldn't pick up b4 in the area I'm supposed to quest in.

Comment

I'm glad to hear that you might have finally found a spot to get in sync with the guides. I know it's frustrating right now without the SIS working.

Comment

In that case, I probably did over look it. I've had a long day. Long night raiding so have been sleepy lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X