OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIS and Guide Problems Explained.. Hopefully.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Cata guide will be released at Cata launch, only thing that wont work is the SIS so you can still lvl by following the guide as mentioned other places on the forum.

Comment

Awesome. I only saw the announcement on the issue they released in the email. Thanks

Comment

Np mate ^^

Comment

Originally posted by dkjr View Post
          That's pure sophistry and would not stand any serious legal challenge
          I am not afraid to admit that I had to look up "sophistry" to determine whether your answer was being criticized or complemented.

Comment

Originally posted by dkjr View Post
            That's pure sophistry and would not stand any serious legal challenge, there are more holes in the answer above that the swiss have in their whole country. What zygor really did is reword his ULA a bit and rely on the fact that blizzard knows such guide are mostly good for the game to prevent any legal action.
            You may be a bit comforted to know that some of the GM's I know, and others I IM with ingame know I use and moderate for Zygor Guides. There has been no mention of a risk to my account being closed or banned.

In a nutshell the ToS and EULA state that an addon author cannot charge a fee to use. This requirement that Zygor has gotten around by offering the viewer and a portion of the guides free of charge. Why arent all the guides offered free? The same reason you dont go to work pro-bono.
            Second part of the ToS and EULA state an addon cannot provide a unfair advantage to leveling or progressing, i.e. botting. This is not an issue, as the guides are just that, guides. You still have to get the quests, go to quest locations, and you have to perform actions to complete the quests.

That said mostly my concern is that the guide will not be out till well after i'm done leveling which makes the preorder now pointless. I note there is no answer on that question. Is there any way they can release this guide on the cata launch day. . . Yeah i know i'm a programmer too i understand the SIS issue. Still day 1 to day 7 are the only reason to buy those .lua files as i have the other stuff with my previous level of guide.
            Nothing more can be said other than the release date for the guides is Dec. 6th and the Cata launch is 12:01 am Dec. 7th.
            "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Yeah, guides will be available 24hr before Cata goes live according to a post in another thread by either Zygor or Zygor Support. It's also expected that the SIS should be working again at that time. This means you have nothing to worry about with not having the guides and being ready when Blizzard flips the switch.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I'd just like to say that I think the Zygor guides have to be best-managed addon of its size. Working in an environment like with Blizzard which is essentially hostile (they don't really let you know everything up front, you figure out everything on your own mostly) and to pull this off? Amazing, absolutely amazing. I love these guides, they got me to actually enjoy levelling again! Keep it up gang, looking forward to bashing out cata with your guides

Comment

Unfortunately the SIS will not be completely updated on Dec.6.Post number 1 http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...3089#post43089
                  I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                  Twitter @Chaos5061.
                  Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

A change. Post 32: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...3089#post43089
                    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.
                    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

So I just wanted to check up on the status of SiS. Got my Worgen to 15 with RaF and was reading the forums here and saw that the Alliance 1-60 is almost complete. Does that mean that the SiS is fixed or not yet? I tried loading the SiS on my 15 Worgen and it just keeps looping the starting zone (1-15 Worgen) over and over again so I'm assuming it's still broken?

Thanks for the help

Syriel-

Comment

It's already a known issue. It was announced that the SIS still wasn't fully functional.

If all you want is to get the guide to stop skipping, go into the Zygor options and in the Dynamic Progression section un-check all 4 boxes and move the slider all the way to the right.

Also the Worgen area has a small error in the guide that causes some waypoint issues. To fix that check post 21 here: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...yal-quot/page3
                        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thanks a bunch cabby, appreciate the quick response

Comment

Normally I love the SIS, but I'm gaining XP so fast it wants to jump me past some very important stuff. Like underwater mounts, the Boom Boots, etc. How do I turn it off for a bit. I looked in the option, but didn't see anything. Granted my eyes are a little crossed since I've been on for 28 hours now

Comment

While not up to level 80+ I am in a new area for me, Northrend. And SIS was trying to push me past quests that I wanted to explore.

So I've "disabled" the SIS for the moment.

To disable it, right click on the "Z" icon to go to the controls panel. Expand the Zygor guides and select "Dynamic Progress". Uncheck all 4 of the boxes and move the slider all the way to the right.

The guide will then show you the sequence of quests to perform. Now this is not all of the quests within the zone, but rather the ones that the Zygor team have determined to have the better value for time/effort expended.

Now that I've done that, I'm picking up XP and speed and moving happily along boosting level.

Glad too. Still daunting to see the XP requirement be growing toward 1,000,000!

Comment

Sweet thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X