Slightly Confused

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly Confused

Alright I realized that Zygor was coming out with a 3.0 to the guides, only finding this website 2-3 days ago I bought the 2.0 version of just the Horde. Somewhat of a test to see how well it performed, I'm very impressed so far. Anyways I read on the main page about "Lifetime updates" would that mean I don't have to buy 3.0 it just upgrades to it? or rather does it mean I get updates when Blizzard updates the servers?

It would really suck to have to re-buy the guides just because the main page stated that the 2.0 included cataclysm. If so would it be possible to be refunded then buy the 3.0 version?

Originally posted by zerosk8j View Post
    Alright I realized that Zygor was coming out with a 3.0 to the guides, only finding this website 2-3 days ago I bought the 2.0 version of just the Horde. Somewhat of a test to see how well it performed, I'm very impressed so far. Anyways I read on the main page about "Lifetime updates" would that mean I don't have to buy 3.0 it just upgrades to it? or rather does it mean I get updates when Blizzard updates the servers?

It would really suck to have to re-buy the guides just because the main page stated that the 2.0 included cataclysm. If so would it be possible to be refunded then buy the 3.0 version?
    The 3.0 update is free.
    Any guide you currently own will have the Cata updates to it for free.

Updates are free, such as patches and fixes.

Upgrades are not free, such as a new expansion after Cata or for the people who haven't purchased the Cata upgrade.

Comment

Sorry, but I'm still quite confused about the whole thing. I thought this was an "Upgrade" not an "Update."

Comment

Ok, we're dealing with 2 different words and what they mean with Zygor guides.

Updates refers to keeping any guides you currently own usable and current to the live servers.

Upgrades refers to getting additional guides to cover any new content that Blizzard releases with major expansions like Cataclysm.

So right now you own the Horde 1-80 guide, and since you purchased it after Oct. 7th you also get the Cataclysm upgrade to the guides for free. This means you technically own the 1-85 guides for the Horde. Any changes Blizzard would make to the game that would affect these guides will be updated free of charge for the rest of your life. If Blizzard decided to release another expansion in a couple years that adds 2 more races and 85-90 zones, then you'd have to make a small upgrade purchase (normally around $20) to have access to the guides that cover content you don't currently own.

Hope that all made more sense to you.
        My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Oh, I forgot about the 2.0 vs. 3.0 stuff.

You are only purchasing the guide files that the Zygor Guide Viewer addon reads to display the steps. The addon itself and any updates to that are always free due to Blizzards addon policy rules. If someone were so inclined they could get the addon free with the trial download and create their own guides to use with the Zygor Guide Viewer and never pay a dime. It would however take the normal person probably a couple of years to go thru all the content and figure out just what should be in the guide they create, get it put into the guide format, and then be able to use it. So basically you're paying Zygor for all his time and effort he puts into finding the optimum questing routes for you and getting it programed into the addon compatible files so that you don't have to think about where to go or what to do, you just do it.

Comment

Thank you, that definitely cleared it up for me. I didn't have prior knowledge of the Oct. 7th date. Now I understand the difference.

Comment

Remember that the actual user interface part of the guide is free (because Blizzard don't allow add-ons to be charged for). It's the guide content that you are paying for.

Hence, 2.0 to 3.0 will be free.

Comment

sorry for bumping for old thread.

let me rephrase it again since i don't feel any difference between trial and paid.

After paid, our questing route are re-engineered according to zygor method? If it's in trial, we only have all available quest inside the add on without plot where the effective way to quest. Is that correct?

Any explanation would be appreciated. thank you.

Comment

The trial version of the guide only covers a small part of the full 1-85 guide (the 1-20 part).
                  The guide does not include a quest database, it is more a step by step listing of where to go and what to do.
                  The viewer is a free addon and you can even create your own guides (there's a html file with some instructions included).

Comment

Here's how I like to explain it.

Think of the guide as a sheet of paper in front of you with a list of quests that you should do and what order to do them in, similar to the older website guides where you'd have to keep alt-tabbing to see what the next thing is that you should do (think Joanna's). Now the full version is quite a lot of paper sitting there with all the stuff you should do to get up to level 85, while the trial is only the first page that will get you to level 20. The in-game addon is a free tool that Zygor developed to allow you to read those pages while in game.

Hope that helps you to understand it a bit more.

Comment

Aaah... That sums it all... Thank you Cartman, thank you cabby for the explanation.

I do understand a slightly better now and understand how to explain it to my friends. Thank you.

Comment

Glad that helped. Don't hesitate to ask if you have anymore questions, that's why we're here.

Comment

Working...
                        X