internet usage and class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

internet usage and class

Hey first of all I'd like to say its an awesome guide and dont know howw people possible can live without.

2nd,
    How much internet does it use/min/sec . I got a 10gb peak monthly and Im not the only one in the house using the internet.

3rd.
    Im considering starting a new class, I already have a pala, but Im thinking about mage, rogue, hunter, warlock and maby shaman. Some class which a excellent levlng class, I've seen mages 2 shot things. But I jut can't decide hope you guys can help me with a fast class

Sincerly
    Anders

Um...The guide doesn't use the internet other than when you run your launcher to update it. Once you download it, it's in your addons folder.

Comment

Do you want easy or fast? Or a combination Also dulak's post is right. The updates are also at most maybe a megabyte. Except for probably when the guide got updated for patch 4.0.3a's changes and maybe then it was up to 20 megabytes.
      I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
      Twitter @Chaos5061.
      Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

thanks heaps guys Well just an easy and fast class, and Im happyi

Comment

Easy and fast... warlock.

And I don't think the updater uses even that much Chaos. Most updates are only a few hundred k in size. I'd say that on a major update like with Cata it was at most 4mb.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Ok what about version 3.0 release? That's got to be more I think. My memory usage in the game says it's the highest thing in there and I run a lot of addons (I love AddOns) I use Xperl for unit frames and they still aren't as big on my Hunter even. That's the toon I have the most modules running on what with my pet and everything.
            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Total un-compressed file size for the guide viewer and talent advisor is 10.6MB. The updater only grabs and updates files that are changed and doesn't waste bandwidth on files that are still the same. So you'd be seeing pretty much maximum for a major thing of 10MB. The only real time you'll get that much is when you do a Repair and the updater deletes all the files and gets fresh copies.

Comment

Huh last I saw it was a 20 something MB in the game. Have to check it out. Not a problem if it is using 20 even on my laptop that's not a big problem. I just have a little load time wait of like 2 minutes and the game pops up and then another minute of my FPS to jump to 60 and I'm good to go until I logoff again.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

You're confusing the memory usage with the disk space usage. The bandwidth question will only deal with the disk space usage. In game your memory usage will always be higher than your disk space usage because not only does it load up all those guides, but then it has to allocate memory space for the graphics displaying, integration into the Addons options tab, etc.

Comment

Ok. I get that now. Now I have a suggestion that I'm going to post in the forum the
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

ta compared to warlocks, how are rogues, mages, and hunter in lvl speed now?

Comment

Originally posted by vashier View Post
                        ta compared to warlocks, how are rogues, mages, and hunter in lvl speed now?
                        My Mage level 9 in 2 hours 52 minutes 37 seconds.
                        My Rogue level 10 4 hours 15 minutes 9 seconds.
                        Haven't made a new hunter for a time check yet.
                        My Warlock hasn't even been made into a goblin yet like it's supposed to be so I don't know about them yet.
                        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

I simply said the Warlock because you asked about speed and ease. Warlocks can rip thru mobs pretty fast when the go Demonology and use that Felguard pet. They're also pretty easy to play because you send your pet in, hit it with 2 dots, and use a wand for a few seconds until it's dead. Another bonus to the warlock is that you very little, if any, downtime while out killing. You can pretty much chain pull mobs to your hearts content and never fall below 50% mana.

Comment

I've made a Hunter alt before... Never a Warlock... the Hunter was SUPER easy and fast

I'd say Mage is "Medium" on the charts of "easy/fast"

I'd also vote Rogue to being one of the biggest pains for leveling unless you have the gear for it...

Comment

Working...
                            X