Just god guide, doesn't know what quest im on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just god guide, doesn't know what quest im on

so how do i tell the guide what quest im on, because i really dont feel like switching through all the damn quests, and this SIS system doesnt seem to be working...

Race Level Faction?
    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
    Twitter @Chaos5061.
    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

level 83 orc horde

Comment

Then you want to do this: right click the Z icon on the mini map, click the “+” symbol next to Zygor Guides Viewer, click Dynamic Progress uncheck all three boxes and move the slider to 80. And load up the Deepholm guide and start at step one.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

re

I just got the guide last night also.

The Smart Injection System does actually work, in its own way.

I've experienced a similar issue a couple times.. and I believe its because it tells you where the apparently next-best quest is, however i've noticed it seems to ignore certain quests.

For instance in Outland there is a 60-62 guide and a 62-64 guide, I have not yet completed all Outland quests and it's already telling me to go to Zangarmarsh, im lvl 64.

At 64 I believe the guide is basically telling me not to do some of the previous quests which are 63, but give really good xp. Its frustrating cos some of these quests are dungeon quests and give really good xp and gear (20k experience, 10gold, rare items, etc). Yet the guide does not seem to mark these as high priority in terms of lvling, instead it tells me to go to zangarmarsh, which ive already done about 5-8 quests, when i feel i shouldve completed all of the outland ones first?? Especially the dungeon ones.

I've also had to manually completed some quests that were not recommended, yet they were in the vacinity of me completing a previous quest. So why not knock out three quests in the same area, I though this was what zygor guides was intended to do. Be efficient, at the moment, i've spent a lot of time jumoing between quests that are in the immediate vacinity and then going to the actual next guide step. This is frustrating, can anyone provide some useful feedback???
          Ripstar - 75 Druid [Feral & Restoration Spec] -- Terenas Server PvE.
          WorgenKnight - 68 Death Knight [Blood & Unholy Spec] -- Terenas Server PvE.

"Druids OWN. Here's why:
          Want Melee DPS? - just /cast CatForm!
          Want Ranged DPS? - just /cast MoonkinForm!
          Want a Tank? - just /cast BearForm!
          Want a Healer? - just /cast TreeOfLifeForm!
          wait there's more...
          Is it a bird, a plane.. NO.. Is it superman?.. NO.. but might as well be - lol. It's a DRUID!.
          - /cast SwiftFlightForm.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_piahana View Post

I've experienced a similar issue a couple times.. and I believe its because it tells you where the apparently next-best quest is, however i've noticed it seems to ignore certain quests.

For instance in Outland there is a 60-62 guide and a 62-64 guide, I have not yet completed all Outland quests and it's already telling me to go to Zangarmarsh, im lvl 64.

At 64 I believe the guide is basically telling me not to do some of the previous quests which are 63, but give really good xp. Its frustrating cos some of these quests are dungeon quests and give really good xp and gear (20k experience, 10gold, rare items, etc). Yet the guide does not seem to mark these as high priority in terms of lvling, instead it tells me to go to zangarmarsh, which ive already done about 5-8 quests, when i feel i shouldve completed all of the outland ones first?? Especially the dungeon ones.

I've also had to manually completed some quests that were not recommended, yet they were in the vacinity of me completing a previous quest. So why not knock out three quests in the same area, I though this was what zygor guides was intended to do. Be efficient, at the moment, i've spent a lot of time jumoing between quests that are in the immediate vacinity and then going to the actual next guide step. This is frustrating, can anyone provide some useful feedback???
            i forgot to mention that i initially was lvl 63, i'm pretty new to this guide, i've watched multiple videos on it from here and read a lot of text describing how everything works. But i'm still finding the SIS system a little trivial. It has been working for me to an extent, but there have been times where I have actually just completed the quests manually without the guides help (because apparently completing a lvl 62 dungeon quest that offers 20k exp and 10g with rare rewards is not important...), which is frustrating cos I did not buy it to end up grinding out the quests the slow way without waypoints and tooltips.

"Druids OWN. Here's why:
            wait there's more...
            Is it a bird, a plane.. NO.. Is it superman?.. NO.. but might as well be - lol. It's a DRUID!.
            - /cast SwiftFlightForm.

Comment

i forgot to mention that i initially was lvl 63, i'm pretty new to this guide, i've watched multiple videos on it from here and read a lot of text describing how everything works. But i'm still finding the SIS system a little trivial. It has been working for me to an extent, but there have been times where I have actually just completed the quests manually without the guides help (because apparently completing a lvl 62 dungeon quest that offers 20k exp and 10g with rare rewards is not important...), which is frustrating cos I did not buy it to end up grinding out the quests the slow way without waypoints and tooltips.
              HOWEVER! It does work wonders, the only main trivial thing is when i've completed a certain quest it will point me to a new area, which seems like im actually going too fast and skipping other quests that ARE in the immediate vacinity and DO PROVIDE A LOT of XP and GOLD and RARE QUALITY REWARD ITEMS..

And at times the guide has made me backtrack from zangarmarsh back to outlands, I havent even completed blood furnace which was a lvl 63 or 64 quest and it hasnt event recommended that quest yet.. maybe I haven't selected a setting in configuration, im not sure??

But i do know how to select a guide for a region etc outland 60-62, 62-64 etc, but it seems to miss out the quests in between, perhaps this is a bug, or it could just be me.

ANY feedback from an experienced user would be greatly appreciated!!! Apologies for the multiple posts

"Druids OWN. Here's why:
              wait there's more...
              - /cast SwiftFlightForm.

Comment

Zygor Guides are there only to get you to max level by SOLO QUESTING as fast as you can. The problem right now is that the SIS is not functioning right for some of the 1-60 and not at all for the 60-85 levels. We would recommend you to turn of the SIS in the Outlands because of this anyway: Currently, the SIS feature does not factor in reputation, which means in some sections of the guide, such as Outland and Northrend, you may run into instances where a step cannot be completed because you don't have the required amount of reputation to talk to that NPC. This is usually identified by the NPC's name being displayed in orange.

In these situations, we recommend that you right click the Z icon on the mini map, click the “+” symbol next to Zygor Guides Viewer, click Dynamic Progress uncheck all three boxes and move the slider to 80. Then go to step 1 of the current section you are using and do any steps that do not have a green background or any steps you have not already done.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post

Zygor Guides are there only to get you to max level by SOLO QUESTING as fast as you can. The problem right now is that the SIS is not functioning right for some of the 1-60 and not at all for the 60-85 levels. We would recommend you to turn of the SIS in the Outlands because of this anyway: Currently, the SIS feature does not factor in reputation, which means in some sections of the guide, such as Outland and Northrend, you may run into instances where a step cannot be completed because you don't have the required amount of reputation to talk to that NPC. This is usually identified by the NPC's name being displayed in orange.

In these situations, we recommend that you right click the Z icon on the mini map, click the “+” symbol next to Zygor Guides Viewer, click Dynamic Progress uncheck all three boxes and move the slider to 80. Then go to step 1 of the current section you are using and do any steps that do not have a green background or any steps you have not already done.
                  No offence, but that seemed like an automated and very generic response...

My issue has nothing to do with reputation I do have adequate reputation if not, I would not be able to get into the instance to begin with, nor would I be able to accept quests for the dungeon in question (Hellfire Blood Furnace/Ramparts).

So you're recommending that I deactivate the SIS tool and basically set it to manual completion? What effect does setting the slider to 80 have?

I understand where you're coming from, it seems like I will have to manually go through each quest in the outland area and skip the ones i've completed, just in case of missing quests that are skipped?? Is that correct. That sounds very time consuming and almost pointless of getting the guide in the first place - as it was intended to be efficient, was it not?

And if the SIS system does not work in certain areas, then why was it released unfinished with "bugs"? I hope there will be fixes to this.

Appreciate the response, thanks

"Druids OWN. Here's why:
                  wait there's more...
                  - /cast SwiftFlightForm.

Comment

No offence, but that seemed like an automated and very generic response...

My issue has nothing to do with reputation I do have adequate reputation if not, I would not be able to get into the instance to begin with, nor would I be able to accept quests for the dungeon in question (Hellfire Blood Furnace/Ramparts).

So you're recommending that I deactivate the SIS tool and basically set it to manual completion? What effect does setting the slider to 80 have?

I understand where you're coming from, it seems like I will have to manually go through each quest in the outland area and skip the ones i've completed, just in case of missing quests that are skipped?? Is that correct. That sounds very time consuming and almost pointless of getting the guide in the first place - as it was intended to be efficient, was it not?

And if the SIS system does not work in certain areas, then why was it released unfinished with "bugs"? I hope there will be fixes to this.

Appreciate the response, thanks
                    All-in-all the SIS seems very buggy atm. It is doing what zygor has suggested through his video demonstration, although it does tend to skip quests that are in the immediate vacinity. Which seems like a major error.

Perhaps I will just need to play around with the settings a bit until I understand comprehensively what each option does. Don't get me wrong, the guide is brilliant, but it doesn't seem as easy to use as I thought it would be, lol.

Also where can I get a different skin, like the night elf looking skin, it looks much more sleeker than the current skin I have, which apparently there is only the default skin. For waypoint arrows I have 3 skins to select.

"Druids OWN. Here's why:
                    wait there's more...
                    - /cast SwiftFlightForm.

Comment

I found a very interesting post by yourself to someone else's issue that seems to answer my question.

You replied to Noradia85's post thread located: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...g-with-the-SIS

"No there is a problem with the SIS. You may want to turn it back off. Some of the problems are with missing ding steps like your level 26 skip to 28 problem there is no ding level 27 step"

I forgot to mention that when I went to load the 60-62 guide to attempt to "capture" the lvl 61 and 62 quests that I have not completed but do have in quest list. And it popped up with the same message, you should be lvl 62, etc, please grind some more.

According to your response it seems that the SIS is only updating itself in increments of 2, and not increments of 1 - this would make much more sense to me as I have noticed it didn't recommend much lvl 63 quests???

"Druids OWN. Here's why:
                      wait there's more...
                      - /cast SwiftFlightForm.

Comment

Another user had the same problem as me.
                        Not the exact same quest but the concept is the same. It does skip quests that are on-the-way and in-the-area.

However, I guess I will just trust in zygor's guide and follow the recommended quests, just don't like missing out on really good quest reward xp and reward gear, cos seriously how many quests do you get with a 20k xp reward at lvl 62-63... normal quests ive done give you 6k-10k each quest, so basically thats like completing two quests, in one.

His logic is similar to mine, in terms of the issues we are facing, it seems that I need to either set my slider to 80 like you said, or to increase it by 3 or 4, so the guide doesn't skip quests that might be needed.

"Okay. So I had issues with the guide prior to the SIS being fixed. Now that it is...I'm still having issues. Here are a few.

I was questing in the Southern Barrens and I got the quest "Teegan's Troubles" from Thomax Paxton, as per the guide. Then accepted "Scavenged" from Mangled Body, as per the guide. Both those quests end at Corporal Teegan, so that makes sense. What doesn't make sense is that the guide doesn't tell you to accept "Teegan's People" on the way. "Teegan's People" says to kill raptors for raptor hides (which you have to do to complete "Scavenged" anyway) and you turn it in at Goucho (who is conveniently standing next to Corporal Teegan - the end point for the other two quests.)

I have to question why the guide would skip this. Then, to make matters worse. After completing the guides two quests, and the one I picked up on my own because it made sense to do, the next step was "You should now be at level 34, if not grind a little until you are." I've followed the guide step by step and I'm just over 33 now. So it skips easy quests, on-the-way quests, and then expects you to grind a 'little' to catch up to it? C'mon. What's the deal here. Please help. "

"Druids OWN. Here's why:
                        wait there's more...
                        - /cast SwiftFlightForm.

Comment

With regards to the 'grinding' issues that have come up, I started running a worgen warrior a couple days ago and will run him from 1 - 85 to catalogue these problems for the tech staff. So far I have found only one issue, but I am also only at level 28.
                          I have a goblin I will run after the worgen, unless someone beats me to running a horde toon.

If you do choose to run a horde toon, please only uncheck skip travel steps, and have the slider at #2. This will allow the SIS to work to check its functioning as well as the guide fluidity.
                          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

With following my directions in the last post the guide will still go to the next step when you complete the previous step but will no longer skip steps if you are to far of a level ahead of the guide and the guide needs to catch up to you. The slider is there to adjust the levels ahead of the guide you can get before it starts skipping. Usually if the sis is working you can with heirlooms or RAF xp boosts we recommend you to set the slider to either 3 or 4. As for the bugs it's being worked on now by Zygor and his team if you want to know what happened to the sis when the shattering happen here's a link: http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ed..-Hopefully. The rep thing is not a bug and was a feature that Zygor was working on before the newest expansion came out but the problems that came with the new expansion means it got put on the back burner for now.
                            Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Originally posted by Kamchak View Post
                              With regards to the 'grinding' issues that have come up, I started running a worgen warrior a couple days ago and will run him from 1 - 85 to catalogue these problems for the tech staff. So far I have found only one issue, but I am also only at level 28.
                              I have a goblin I will run after the worgen, unless someone beats me to running a horde toon.

If you do choose to run a horde toon, please only uncheck skip travel steps, and have the slider at #2. This will allow the SIS to work to check its functioning as well as the guide fluidity.
                              Ive seen your posts before and they are very professional, thank you for the respone. What better way to understand the issues than go through them yourself. Im a lvl 64 worgen deathknight, so when i bought the guide yesterday i was at lvl 62 i think, and the guide SIS did work upto skipping all of the previous levels, in fact i think i just loaded the outland one and it worked on track. Perhaps someone can lvl a worgen deathknight to start off at 65 and see how it works out.

There have been a few quests and things skipped, but now after reading your post here:

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ed..-Hopefully.

I fully understand the depth and cause of these issues that others and myself are experiencing.

I will disable the SIS function for now as recommended and set the slider to either 2 ahead or to 80. 2 ahead seems more logical - as you recommended.

Thanks Kamchak

"Druids OWN. Here's why:
                              wait there's more...
                              - /cast SwiftFlightForm.

Comment

Working...
                              X