OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Account Hacked (Not due to Zygor's Guide)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It looks to be straight from Blizzard:
    http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...tag=BNETMOBILE

I am a bit leary of this link. mainly because the 'log-in' screen is the same as the rest of the site in relation to the web address... meaning, there is no indication of a secure connection on this log-in screen, or no 'https://'

Not stating you are leading us to a hacker site... just carefull, especially now with all this hacking being reported.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I was simply pointing to the FAQ web site so people could verify this is a legit application and not a hack. No reason to make a FAQ SSL encrypted

At the very bottom of the page there is a link to login which does take you to the https site https://us.battle.net/login/
      Cairne Realm
      Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
      Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
      Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by antacus View Post
        I was simply pointing to the FAQ web site so people could verify this is a legit application and not a hack. No reason to make a FAQ SSL encrypted

At the very bottom of the page there is a link to login which does take you to the https site https://us.battle.net/login/
        *chuckles respectfully* Not the link you gave us, but there is a place to login if you want to start the authenticator. That is the part that did not have the SSL to it I was refering to. For me, with all that is going on atm... if it asks for my loggin info, it needs to have that SSL.

And I will also say putting the information out there on what can be done to prevent hacks and headaches is appreciated by myself greatly.

Comment

How does the auth works though?

Like, when you log into the game, will it also ask for the number that the auth gives you?
          Or it will only ask when you log in to your bnet account?

Because if it still lets a person connect to your characters using the wow client without the auth number, then it's kind of bad =|

Comment

I just downloaded the mobile version (was it free? I don't think they charged anything)

and yes, after you register it, when you log in the game it asks for the validation code that the auth produces.. very nice! I thought it would be only for logging on bnet or something.

Definately worth the money if you want the physical device!

Comment

I'm currently waiting on my fob to arrive because they don't support my mobile phone yet. Sucks too cause I had a touch screen phone long before Apple decided to announce the iPhone.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by xuxabr View Post
                I just downloaded the mobile version (was it free? I don't think they charged anything)

and yes, after you register it, when you log in the game it asks for the validation code that the auth produces.. very nice! I thought it would be only for logging on bnet or something.

Definately worth the money if you want the physical device!
                Ordered mine as soon as I saw this thread. My devise, like Cabby's, is not supported. Shame, but what can you do? LOL

Comment

CRY, My heart goes out to all of you who have had hacking problems. I purchased my Blizz Auth thingy several months ago and love it.

For those who don't know who it works it goes like this.

1. Order from the Blizzard store (sorry not posting link go though the Bliz Warcraft website)

2. To follow the step that come with it.

3. When you log in to the game it will ask you for the code from the Bliz Auth.

Now you are logged into the game.

Also please don't reply to emails claiming things. If you get one I would contact Blizzard directly through the website or by phone. NEVER, respond to the whispers (like) "get you special pet or item or whatever". Please report them as spam. Because those are people trying to steal accounts.

Comment

Situation Update:

My account was reinstated, but all my stuff is gone. Getting it back has not happened yet, and Blizzard is not cooperating. Looks like if I want to play I have to start all over again. That won't be happening anytime soon with this guy because too much work went into my main and the alt I was leveling. It was fun, but a break is definitely needed to get my head back into the game after this disappointment. Apparently the hack came from going to the WoW Armory. I did not follow any pst or email. I simply googled and clicked the first one. Guess it was the wrong link. Enjoy yourselves out there, but Buckynaked is gone to the wind...

Comment

That's sad to hear and we all hope that Blizzard gets this straightened out for you. We know you'll be back eventually, as no one can stay away from an MMO they've invested a lot of time into. Take the time you need, and when you come back we'll still be here to help.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Thank goodness.

I just read this post and immediately ordered an Authenticator, the phsyical version, my phone is not supported. But there is no such thing as being too paranoid about the security of an account that you have invested so much time into.

Still always follow the rules of safe internet practice and that will minimise your risk.

Can't wait for the authenticator to arrive, will be able to rest a lot easier then.

Comment

Wow. Sorry to hear that Bucky. So they gave you back your toons and now you are walking around naked? I can not imagine Blizzard not doing more. I say this because ...
                          • The fact that you got your toon back tells me they realize you were hacked.
                          • No way a character got to level 60/70/80 walking around naked and Blizzard knows this so I would expect something.
                          • The "tip of the day" messages when you login have changed from stupid things to all account security. I changed toons a lot last night cleaning house and EVERY one I got was related to account protection.
                          Cairne Realm
                          Main: 100 Human Prot Pally
                          Alt#1: 100 Tauren Resto Druid
                          Alt#2: 60 Dwarf Beast Hunter

Comment

Personally i totally recommend a authenticator. If by chance you can't purchase the physical in-hand version i happened to get a FREE version for my iPod Touch. It does the same thing only it is FREE. It is available on iTunes. I downloaded it when i became paranoid about my account due to the influx of Gold Sellers sending me personal messages asking me if i would like to buy gold. It's a very nice thing to have. Just my input. Hope this helps you(or someone else for that matter) GL
                            Last edited by kyaruk; December 8, 2009, 12:05 PM. Reason: Spelling :P

Comment

I wonder how long it would take for someone in Blizzard to take you serious if there was a press release on standby stating that due to the forced change to a lesser protected realm there has been an influx of hacked accounts that Blizzard.com is taking less that serious or important, affecting the paying customers experience with their services for hire.

Comment

That's the trouble....

That's the trouble with a centralised logging system like the battlenet. When Blizzard made it compulsory it was like putting all the accounts into one basket. No wonder hackers are making it their target. But as stated by others, do get an authenticator, it will take the pain out of the mistake that Blizzard made in making us all merge with Battlenet.

Comment

Working...
                                X