Waypoint Arrow "Freeze" Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waypoint Arrow "Freeze" Question

Speaking of the waypoint arrow, I have a quick question. Since I play a frost mage, I'm often having to click in the main part of the screen to cast pet freeze. This means that "freezing" the waypoint arrow is very helpful, since it prevents be from accidentally clicking on it, instead of the pet freeze destination. However, whenever I relog (or reloadui), the freeze box remains checked, but the arrow has become unfrozen. Quickly fixed by unchecking and rechecking, but I wonder if this problem is unique to me? Clearly Zygor is saving the state of the button, by perhaps it isn't triggering the running of the code to freeze the arrow except on click.

Thanks for a great guide; truly one of the best WoW mods out there!

Originally posted by tagith View Post
    Speaking of the waypoint arrow, I have a quick question. Since I play a frost mage, I'm often having to click in the main part of the screen to cast pet freeze. This means that "freezing" the waypoint arrow is very helpful, since it prevents be from accidentally clicking on it, instead of the pet freeze destination. However, whenever I relog (or reloadui), the freeze box remains checked, but the arrow has become unfrozen. Quickly fixed by unchecking and rechecking, but I wonder if this problem is unique to me? Clearly Zygor is saving the state of the button, by perhaps it isn't triggering the running of the code to freeze the arrow except on click.

Going to move this to its own thread.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

There have been some other settings issues like this that the team have on their fix-it list. To me it sounds like when the guides are started up and everything is initialized that some of the settings aren't actually read from the SavedVariables file so are then set to a default setting.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by tagith View Post
        by perhaps it isn't triggering the running of the code to freeze the arrow except on click.

Thanks, were glad you enjoy the Guide. We will look into this soon as we are heavily working on the SIS but this will not go unchecked. Thanks for the report
        Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
        http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
        http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          To me it sounds like when the guides are started up and everything is initialized that some of the settings aren't actually read from the SavedVariables file so are then set to a default setting.
          Like I say, it must be read from SavedVariables, or else it wouldn't still be checked. My guess is that the 'turn freeze on' code only gets run when it's clicked, and not when it's loaded from SavedVariables.

Glad to hear it's on the todo list, it's hardly a big deal!

Comment

Working...
          X