OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please try this for 3.3 if you haven't already figured it out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The addon should be listed when you click the addons button on your character select screen. You want to make sure that you check the box beside "Load Out of Date" at the top right and also check the boxes beside the Zygor Guide Viewer, Zygor Talent Advisor, Cartographer, Cartographer Notes, and Cartographer Waypoints in the addon listing itself. Then when you enter the game you should see the guide viewer on your screen.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby omg, the check box for "load out of date AddOns" i never saw that. I deleted and installed everything 3x in my addon folder and when i was going to the "addon tab" on the laoding screen it kept saying "out of date" i cant believe this had to be my first post i feel so dumb

Comment

Don't feel bad, every one of us has made a mistake like that when trying to figure out a problem. We have a tendency to overlook simple things because we automatically assume it's something less obvious or more complicated.

Comment

To install the guide, you need to login to the Members Area, download from the first link (unless you have a Mac) and then run the auto-installer. It's simply a process of clicking next a bunch of times. If you are using a mac you can find the install instructions here:

http://www.zygorguides.com/members/macinstall.php
          Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
          http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

If it makes you feel any better nicklehead, one time I was trying to help a friend fix a problem with his computer, it kept shutting off and rebooting for no apparent reason. We replaced the power supply, cpu, memory, hard drive, basically replaced everything inside trying to get it to stop. Turned out his power button on the front of his case went bad and all we had to do was disconnect it from the motherboard.

Comment

To the original poster: Thanks so much for that tip, I was going nuts trying to play without my guide and arrow

Comment

Originally posted by binarygod View Post
                To the original poster: Thanks so much for that tip, I was going nuts trying to play without my guide and arrow
                I 2nd that, great tip, thanks

Comment

ok am i the only one who cant figure out how to get my guide to work. ive tried everything and it just keeps saying i have no leveling guide downloaded. how do i fix that

Comment

Ensure that you have either/both (depending on what you purchased) the ZygorGuidesAlliance.lua and/or ZygorGuidesHorde.lua files inside your WoW/Interface/AddOns/ZygorGuidesViewer/Guides directory.

Also, if you originally had the trial, did you completely delete all folders that contain Zygor in their name from your AddOns directory before installing the version from the members area?

Comment

issue after upgrading to windows 7

don't know if somebody replied, be careful when you upgrade to Seven , your addon folder goes read only, for some reason this is interfering with the loading , make sure you remove the read only for the subfolder too

Comment

Originally posted by binarygod View Post

I wanted to thank you, too, theonlyjett. I kept going back and forth between have Cartographer enabled and having the arrow but not being able to use my map, to having my map but no waypoint arrow. It was wearing on my nerves. It's all good now. /cheer

Edit: I just tried what buckeyechuck said: I enabled everything in Cartographer except the Look and Feel and it works great! Thanks to you, too!
                        Last edited by crownedwithgrace; December 12, 2009, 02:14 PM. Reason: Added info
                        80 Tauren Hunter - 75 Blood Elf Paladin - 54 Tauren Druid - 47 Undead Mage - 25 Dwarf Paladin - 26 Human Mage

Comment

I tried everything that was recommended, but still don't have a working guide. It shows the guides in the add-ons listing under the character selection screen, but when I get in game, it doesn't show the purple 'Z' icon nor does it show the guides listed under the add-ons menu for the interface (in game menu).

I'm guessing at this point I just need to wait until they do the update to the guide. Shame, cause I really love them!

Comment

Did you make sure the "Load Out of Date Addons" box was checked in the addons listing available at the character select screen?

Comment

Originally posted by theonlyjett View Post
                              I looked for a thread complaining about the issue, but saw none, so I figured I'd go ahead and post this as it may be helpful. Then I saw SEVERAL threads with this mentioned, but thought I'd keep this up here anyhow so you see it right away.

When I loaded up the guide with patch 3.3, it was fine till I opened the map. Since Cartographer mods the usual map and the usual map has been changed, my WoW was not happy.

I decided to try what I have already seen on these forums.

Disable all of the Cartographer addons EXCEPT Cartographer, Cartographer Waypoint, and Cartographer Notes and try again.

The map now works fine for me, and the waypoint works fine, too.

I'm sure that this issue will be resolved as soon as Cartographer gets updated.
                              Should we disable carbonite too, for now, to get the map issue resolved?
                              My quest log keeps loosing the descriptions on the right side of the quest log. It is blank. Anyone have any suggestions what is causing this?

Comment

I've been running Carbonite just fine. Have you made sure to update to the latest version? They just released another one on 12-13-09.

Comment

Working...
                                X