What happens after level 55?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens after level 55?

I've been following the Zygor guide religiously as I've leveled up. But, suddenly, at level 55, the quests just seem to stay the same amount of XP, and yet the levels keep getting higher and higher XP to complete. I'm now level 57 and it's getting stupid. The quests are all 4000, or 5000, or so, but the XP required for each level goes up MUCH higher.

I've heard that other people have wanted to go to another location to level beyond 58, where you can get 20K XP per quest, and yet others discourage them from doing that.

What does the official Zygor position have on that? Do they tell you to stay in areas where there are low XP quest until you reach lvl 60, or do they encourage you to go to the new location and get higher XP per quest?

Just asking!

As you've said, there are 2 schools of thought on when to move to Outlands. Officially the guides will keep you in the EK and Kalimdor zones until you hit level 60. This is simply because the guides are made to level all classes and skills of players and not everyone can handle the harder hitting mobs in the Outlands at 58.

If you wish to try Outlands at 58, simply abandon all quests in your logs and load the Outlands 60-62 guide. That guide is a 'fresh start' so you won't have any problems with getting synced up, but it is recommended right now to have the SIS turned off while in Outlands because it has a tendency to skip reputation building quests that are needed to unlock some quests in the Outlands.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

As Alliance it should be no big problem going to Outlands at 58 but as Horde you may run into quests requiring level 60 pretty early so you won't be able to complete them.

I usually stayed in Azeroth until level 60 (before Cataclysm) and leveling from 58 to 60 was not that slow, especially if you are a bit ahead of the guide.

Comment

Thanks Cabby and Cartman for your replies.

Cabby, when you say

"but it is recommended right now to have the SIS turned off while in Outlands because it has a tendency to skip reputation building quests that are needed to unlock some quests in the Outlands."

Does that mean to turn SIS off if you go to Outlands at lvl 58, or to turn it off even if you wait until lvl 60?

If so, then how do you decide which quests to take, and which quests not to take?

Comment

Originally posted by crisismode View Post
          Thanks Cabby and Cartman for your replies.

Cabby, when you say

"but it is recommended right now to have the SIS turned off while in Outlands because it has a tendency to skip reputation building quests that are needed to unlock some quests in the Outlands."

Does that mean to turn SIS off if you go to Outlands at lvl 58, or to turn it off even if you wait until lvl 60?

If so, then how do you decide which quests to take, and which quests not to take?
          Keep SiS off at all times, honestly unless you're wearing a full set of heirlooms and/or are a member of a level 10 guild or higher you won't be too far ahead of the guides to really see a lack of XP bar movement.

Accept and complete all the quests the guide tells you to, this will get you from 1-85 faster than thinking about which quests to take and which ones not to.
          85s
          Skippyninja
          Oomatherman
          Judedaniels
          MissRuPaul
          Sumekomovani
          Pattymelt
          Shamwiches
          Twonewon
          Takakoinaba
          Cursesmcgee

Comment

Yeah, like Skippy says, just leave SIS off for whenever you're in Outlands. There are way too many different quests that it will try to skip because they're not part of a chain, but if you don't do them then you don't build reputation that's needed to unlock other quest areas.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Because of the small level span it is no problem playing without SIS in Outlands, Northrend or the Cataclysm zones.
              After level 60 you need to be 8 levels ahead of a quest for it to become grey and give not much XP. And that's nearly impossible. And if you are you can go to Northrend with 68

A good example of reputation problems in Outlands are the Orebor quests in Zangarmarsh on Alliance side. If you don't do these quests you won't unlock Telaar quests in Nagrand two zones later.

I normally play entirely without SIS as I don't do dungeons while leveling. So far I encountered only a few grey quests and some grey mobs but that's because I play a Worgen who is already 2 levels ahead of the (Kalimdor) guide when leaving the starting zone and going to Darkshore. And I have herbalism and mining which gives a good XP boost at the beginning (there are more minerals and herbs around since 4.0 it seems).

Comment

Working...
              X