Talents problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talents problem

Hi, the talents system on my priest char keeps losing the talent spec i choose (holy) and every time i log onto wow game zygor talents guide has lost the holy spec, and the other day (saturday) it was showing warrior talents (hmm).

So i was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

Normally i would contact zygor but i see in the form you fill out i need my clickbank receipt, which i missplaced, prob deleted it, thinking i did not need it..

There's a known bug that the talent advisor forgets the selected spec when getting a new talent point.
    But losing the spec when only logging out should not happen.
    Does the leveling guide keep it's settings (appearance, selected guide)?

Comment

It keeps the talents i selected before, but i have to chose spec again every time i log in.

Comment

The talent points are stored by WoW on the server so nothing happens to them.
        I asked about the leveling guide because if it also forgets settings than there may be some file access problem. In Windows Vista and 7 certain folders are write protected and if your WoW account folder is inside one of those addon settings may not get saved (for example when WoW was installed under program files and the account folder is also there or if you run WoW from a partition not created with the Windows you run WoW with).

Comment

I checked it and the talent advisor stores the selected build correctly. So if it forgets the selected build there must be something wrong with your account folder unless it forgets the build when you get a new talent point.

Comment

Actually Cartman, I think this might be related to the talent advisor forgetting the spec with a new point bug. There were one or two others reporting the same thing. It just might be that most people don't notice it until they get a new talent point and some have noticed it when they first log in.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yea I'm having the same prob now since I got the alliance guides I have to keep selecting the talent guide/s?
              And when it would show other classes talents I just /reload and it would fix that but I haven't tryd Messing around with deleting and reinstalling the guide to fix the talents yet..(shame on me)
              LIGHTINGHOOF-US-RPPVP
              Dwarf Shaman-Shamme 90 Elemental/Resto
              Nelf Rouge-Legolys 90 Sub/Ass
              Pandarian Monk-Phood 90 Windwalker/Brewmaster
              Nelf Druid-Ornek 85 Boomkin/Bear
              Nelf DK-Zgknight 85 Blood/NA
              Draenei Hunter-Bowz 85 MM/Survival
              Worgen Priest-Loyder 85 Disc/Shadow
              Gnome Warlock-Lotzadots 85 Destro/NA
              Dwarf Paladin-Buradin 85 Prot/Ret
              Gnome Mage-Zygors 70 Arcane/NA
              Nelf Warrior-Talifan 61 Prot/NA

Comment

Something wrong with the code. Deleteing and reinstalling dosen't help nin.
                I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                Twitter @Chaos5061.
                Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Cabby, first I thought the same but if this is the case then it's not the known bug:
                  Originally posted by pods View Post
                  It keeps the talents i selected before, but i have to chose spec again every time i log in.

Comment

Originally posted by pods View Post
                    Hi, the talents system on my priest char keeps losing the talent spec i choose (holy) and every time i log onto wow game zygor talents guide has lost the holy spec, and the other day (saturday) it was showing warrior talents (hmm).

So i was wondering if anyone could help me with this.

Normally i would contact zygor but i see in the form you fill out i need my clickbank receipt, which i missplaced, prob deleted it, thinking i did not need it..
                    Blizzard added a button on the talent build that allows you to confirm your selected talents. Before closing the talent panel, be sure that you hit the 'accept changes' button from the bottom of your talent browser (blizz panel, not zygors).
                    Character Progress....
                    8[u][b]5[/b][/u] Shammy
                    80 Druid
                    80 Death Knight
                    80 Pally

Comment

Of course it's going to keep his talents he's already selected unless he goes to a class trainer and resets his talent points. He's saying that the points he already spent are still spent, but the talent advisor keeps forgetting which spec he wants to use, same as the other bug.
                      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

talents

I am having the same problem with all my chrs, i have reset all the wow folder to r/w with no effect. i have also been into the account folder (holding my list of chrs) and reset that to r/w.

Comment

I have the same problem across two accounts.

I think it started when I switched from automagic assignment of points, to confirm suggestion, because of the laughable and deeply annoying lack of support for dual spec. Up came the suggestion window, but it was immediately removed as I was in combat. Ever since, talent advisor has been loosing the setup on each level-up. It also claims that the points it has previously assigned, have been assigned out of order - same spec, different order? I don't think so.

I love the guide, but I consider the talent advisor a piece of obsolete and buggy crap.
                          QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                          The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

The out of order thing is just a minor bug.
                            I'm sure the team are working on the advisor to get it fixed with the next guide update.
                            I know it can be annoying to reconfigure the advisor everytime especially at lower levels when you level quick but the main priority currently has the SIS. We have to be patient for a few days, I'm sure something big is coming

Comment

• Out of order bug - a mere annoyance, but a bug none the less.
                              • Forget setup bug.
                              • No dual-spec support bug (yes, I considering how long dual-spec has been in the game, I regard that a serious bug).
                              • Talent suggestions are often FUBAR - some of the Zygor specs were clearly made by someone NOT playing the spec. Luckily it's easy to make your own.
                              • Glyphs: The suggestions often create a great deal of confusion - especially as they are out of order. Suggests lvl 60 glyphs at 25.
                              • Glyphs - sometimes suggests I inscribe glyphs I have had inscribed a long time (Glyph of Mend Pet, inscribed at ?25?, still suggested past 50).
                              QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                              The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                              X