SIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIS

when can we expect the guide to be finished and working with the new SIS system

There has been no announced date yet other than soon. If anyone (other than Zygor) were to give you a date it would be nothing but a guess.

Going to move this thread down into the general discussion area since it's not a testimonial.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Again with the not reading and the stuffs and the things....mumble mumble

Comment

Not to be an jerk about sis not working, just want some clarification...(there is a lot here, sorry)

Is SIS is not working for 1-60? I am aware of the settings I need to do in game for the guide to work. I am just wondering if I should have dynamic progress turned on or not. With Dynamic progress turned off, and leveling a toon with xp bonues (heirlooms, guild bonues, rest bonus, etc), I could get out of sync with the guide. I only ask this because I thought it was mentioned that SIS was working for lower level quests. (http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...es-Dailies-ETA)

Now as a paying customer, here's my issue:
        I understand Blizzard changed the rules on you all with changing the quest ids and making the quests more linear, etc, etc, etc. It was also refreshing to hear from the Zygor staff that you all have a new solution for SIS and that it would be working soon again.

I am frustrated is the lack of updates on the progress. After have been told numerous times: "...that the release is very soon", "...that we are very close", to "it would be nothing but a guess [a release date]". Everyday I come to these forums (or use the updater tool) hoping to learn that there is a new release for SIS. And yet I find nothing. No release annoucments. No update status on the progress.

Please understand my frustration is all I ask.

BTW, just for curiosity sake, I purchased Dugi's leveling guide and Zygor's guide hands down is far far better. The UI and the flow of how the quest information is presented and used to lead the user through the guide yeilds its self to a much better user experience.

Comment

cnewman, all we have to give you right now is what is posted in the forums by Zygor.
          The SIS needs to be tweeked a bit more, but it is working enough to get you through the levels without many, if any, hiccups. I ran my worgen warrior up to level 66 with very minimal problems even before the last two fixes to the SIS system, before the decision to do a complete revamp.

We wish we had a status to give you that is more than "soon," but we just dont until Zygor gives us all an update.
          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

While the guide appears to be working fine... it is not evaluating the toon's current level vs the part of the guide it is in to determine whether or not to skip quests. I have a toon that I started from level 1 and is now at level 27 and is still doing quests that are in the mid twenties(23-25). This toon does have mulitple xp bonus gear (back, chest, shoulders, helm) and has guild xp bonus and some rest xp bonus.

I have not encoutered any errors and each step in the guide is successfully leading to the next quest or next progression step in the quest. So to your statement about your worgen... I guess yes the guide can be deemed "working".

Comment

Originally posted by cnewman777 View Post
              While the guide appears to be working fine... it is not evaluating the toon's current level vs the part of the guide it is in to determine whether or not to skip quests. I have a toon that I started from level 1 and is now at level 27 and is still doing quests that are in the mid twenties(23-25). This toon does have mulitple xp bonus gear (back, chest, shoulders, helm) and has guild xp bonus and some rest xp bonus.

I have not encoutered any errors and each step in the guide is successfully leading to the next quest or next progression step in the quest. So to your statement about your worgen... I guess yes the guide can be deemed "working".
              Well... working but not perfect I guess is my statement.
              Now, since there are a*ton* of chains around your level, and you are using BoA gear, checking to see if you can skip some quest chains becomes manual, at least for now.
              Right click the quest the guide wants you to pick up and then select "Show Quest Chain."
              I do this to determine if I can skip ahead when I use BoA gear or dual-box with the X3 rep gains.

Hope that helps you out a bit.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

My Worgen character is 4 levels ahead of the guide due to gathering professions and Worgen being ahead of the Kalimdor guide when starting in Darkshore.
                I think I encountered two grey quests and grey mobs I had to kill for quests two times.
                So yes, the guide is working with the changed allow levels ahead setting.
                But the SIS is not working very good as getting preleveled characters into the guide requires some thinking and doing many dungeons or playing with triple XP leads to being very far ahead of the guide and therefore either to grey quests or maybe problems when the guide starts skipping.
                I'm also waiting for the update as I only want to play my characters further with the updated guide for testing purposes and because the guide will be split into smaller zone parts. The latter is probably the main reason why it takes so long, the whole guide will be split into smaller portions that all need to be tested (hey Zygor, if you need someone to test a region with characters not played since Cataclysm....).

Comment

Until the updated SIS is released it will be best for everyone to just turn the Dynamic progress off if you are having problems with it skipping quests. The guide is still working well without this "feature" and this feature will also be working along side of it soon.
                  If you would like to quest in a certain zone, simply select the area for your level range
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                  X