OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mac Updater shows current version as none and appears to not update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac Updater shows current version as none and appears to not update.

When I run the Mac updater (since the last update) it shows current version: none and latest version: 3.0.1928 and an Install button. When I click install it appears as if nothing happens. Clicking Repair does not appear to change anything. However, looking into the addons folder it appears that the update is there, and in WoW it appears the new update is there.

How do I fix the updater? I have tried running it under Administrator and changing the permissions so that both Administrator and my primary user have Read&Write access to the Zygor folders.

The version number not shown is a known bug. The updater still works and installs the guide correctly though:
    http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...ll=1#post57539

Comment

I am having the same problem except that Zygor is not working properly inside the game. I showed as having no guide selected. When I go to right-click the 'lightning bolt' to reset I am asked to choose a guide but the original guide I've been using is not available. I have to choose a guide for the particular area I am in.

Also, when I go to Option/Interface/Addons/Zygor Guides Viewer there is no long a 'dynamic' option.

I just went back and chose the original Worgen starter guide but when I try to fast forward it stops many many times.

Comment

Originally posted by gorgeview View Post
        I am having the same problem except that Zygor is not working properly inside the game. I showed as having no guide selected. When I go to right-click the 'lightning bolt' to reset I am asked to choose a guide but the original guide I've been using is not available. I have to choose a guide for the particular area I am in.

Also, when I go to Option/Interface/Addons/Zygor Guides Viewer there is no long a 'dynamic' option.

I just went back and chose the original Worgen starter guide but when I try to fast forward it stops many many times.
        You choose a guide in the drop down menu now. It brings up a box. Click suggest and it will let you choose a guide based on your level.
        I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
        Twitter @Chaos5061.
        Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by chaos5061 View Post
          You choose a guide in the drop down menu now. It brings up a box. Click suggest and it will let you choose a guide based on your level.
          Well ya, I did that of course which does not address the original problem. This version of the guide simply does not work. The SIS is broken. I repeat there is no dynamic option in the addons settings for Zygor and no right-click the lightning bolt to reset. And when right clicking the forward arrow it does not zoom forward. It simply goes to the next step as though I had not done any of them at all. I solved the problem by using Time Machine to restore the previous version.

Comment

The SIS is not broken, it simply has changed. This is the reason why there's no dynamic progress options anymore.
            The lightning bolt is now gone.
            When you click the button to select a guide a window opens as Chaos said. There is a suggest button that brings up guides appropriate for you character level.
            Check the videos on the main page to see the new guide in action and how it works.

Comment

The SIS is not broken, you're just not familiar with how it works.

In the past you'd load up your level 1 guide and right click the next step button to let the guides find you a spot. Now you click the drop box on the guide viewer to bring up a new window that lists the guides. At the top of that new window is a Suggest button. Click on that and the guide will show different possible zones to go level in. You pick a zone and then click Accept at the bottom. This will then load that zone's guide. If you have done some quests in that zone and the first step is green you can right click the next step arrow to skip thru any completed steps.

The Dynamic Progression options were removed from the settings because they no longer apply to the way the new SIS works. With the old SIS you had to adjust it to try to keep from skipping important stuff. Now the new SIS will do every step in a zone's guide to make sure you don't miss quests since the zone questing is now linear. Once you out-level the current zone the SIS will pop up a box asking you if you want to skip the rest of the guide for that zone and move on to the next zone. The choice is yours.

I'd personally recommend that you make a backup of your current guide folders, delete them, and do a fresh install and test out the new guides more to understand them better. It would be best to get used to them now before Blizzard does more patching that breaks the old guides you want to keep using as Zygor won't be updating the old stuff.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                The SIS is not broken, you're just not familiar with how it works.

In the past you'd load up your level 1 guide and right click the next step button to let the guides find you a spot. Now you click the drop box on the guide viewer to bring up a new window that lists the guides. At the top of that new window is a Suggest button. Click on that and the guide will show different possible zones to go level in. You pick a zone and then click Accept at the bottom. This will then load that zone's guide. If you have done some quests in that zone and the first step is green you can right click the next step arrow to skip thru any completed steps.

The Dynamic Progression options were removed from the settings because they no longer apply to the way the new SIS works. With the old SIS you had to adjust it to try to keep from skipping important stuff. Now the new SIS will do every step in a zone's guide to make sure you don't miss quests since the zone questing is now linear. Once you out-level the current zone the SIS will pop up a box asking you if you want to skip the rest of the guide for that zone and move on to the next zone. The choice is yours.

I'd personally recommend that you make a backup of your current guide folders, delete them, and do a fresh install and test out the new guides more to understand them better. It would be best to get used to them now before Blizzard does more patching that breaks the old guides you want to keep using as Zygor won't be updating the old stuff.
                but....oh dear

Comment

Working...
                X