X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not allowed to access full version of new guide

Hi,

Can you help me please? I am having trouble in downloading the latest version.

I am a fully paid up member and log into the members’ area using my correct user name and password (as confirmed by Zygor yesterday). When I come to update I get a message saying that I am using the wrong name and password and can only download the Trial Version. This also happens if I try the Zygor Guides Updater.

I sent an email from the Zygor site yesterday and received a reply in a few seconds. This gave elementary instructions about installing the update and didn’t mention the purpose of my email at all.

This is really a bit disappointing and I would welcome your help please.

Regards,

David

The username and password is the same you use for Zygor Guides. If your username contains any odd characters (&$#@%) this can cause some problems with the loader, and is being looked into.
    Since your post did not mention if what you are using is the same as your information used for the members area, I will start here and work with you to proceed.
    "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

Hi Kamchak,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am using the same username and password throughout in Zygor as I have used to logon to this site. My password and username contains one number otherwise they are in lower case alpha.

Regards,

David

Comment

So you cannot login to the members section but to the forum?

Comment

I can login to both the members section and the forum without incident. When I come to install the update IN the members' section a message appears saying that I am using the wrong username AND password and can only use the Trial Version. In that case why was I allowed into the members section? The members' section also correctly shows that I am a fully paid up member and what I have subscribed to. That message is obviously in the system. What causes it to be activated? There has to be a bug there.

Regards,

David

Comment

We just attempted to log in with your current login information and had no problems accessing the Guides that you have purchased. Please make sure that you are putting in the correct information. When you update you won't see the version in the update yet but you will see which guides you own in the Guide list. If you need help recovering your login information please contact us here.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

So in the download section you see something like this?
              Contents for your membership include:
              Zygor Guides Viewer addon
              Zygor Leveling Guide - Alliance
              Zygor Leveling Guide - Alliance (Cataclysm)
              Zygor Leveling Guide - Horde
              Zygor Leveling Guide - Horde (Cataclysm)
              Zygor Dailies and Events Guide - Alliance
              Zygor Dailies and Events Guide - Alliance (Cataclysm)
              Zygor Dailies and Events Guide - Horde
              Zygor Dailies and Events Guide - Horde (Cataclysm)
              Zygor Talent Advisor addon
              Zygor Talent Builds

And when you click the installer or manual download link you get an error message?
              Maybe some browser settings (cookie management) are wrong, I often have these problems with my Opera where I don't allow cookies by default.

Comment

I am sorry if I am not making myself clear: Let me go through the whole process.

I go to www.zygorguides.com. I log into the members section everything seems fine.

I go into the All-in-one download section. All my details are correct.

There are three buttons Download Now for Windows, Download Now for Mac and Manual Install.

I activate the Download Now for Windows and run the Zygor Guides Updater.

This message appears

“Your Zygor Guides username and password are incorrect. Trial user status assumed.

Please enter proper login data in the Configuration Screen or visit the Zygor Guides website to recover your password”

Then an OK button.

Yesterday, as a precaution I got my username and password from yourselves to be sure. And I used them to get into the members section and again to enter this forum.

The updater is installed on my computer and gives the same message.

Regards, David

Comment

Hi Cartman,

That's a good idea. I'll try another browser. I'm using Chrome I'll try IE8.

Regards,

David

Comment

So entering your username and password in the settings of the updater does nothing? There is a button in the updater called settings click it and enter your username and password in the boxes provided for them. It's the same username and password that you registered on the site with.
                    I'm Rebur, Tadia, or Judianna most games.
                    Twitter @Chaos5061.
                    Translations are done with Google Translate.

Comment

After entering your user name and password in the settings click ok then click repair. There is a bug in the updater where the Current Version is either blank or says none. This is not a problem they are installed and working. You can check this where it shows which guide you have installed it will says Trial if the installed version is a trial.
                      Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Hi Cartman & chaos,

Thx for your help. Tried IE8 & Firefox with same result.

chaos - how do I enter name & pw in Updater please? I can only find 3 tabs; General, Shortcut & compatiblity.

Regards,

David

Comment

So the error comes from the updater.
                          If you downloaded the updater and run it there are some buttons.
                          To the lower left are the buttons settings and repair. Click settings and enter your login information you use for the members section.
                          You can also use the manual installation file for the guide and extract it to your wow addons folder (the location depends on your operating system, in Win XP it's in your WoW\Interface folder).

Comment

Hi again Cartman & chaos,

The settings in the Updater were the problems. I am now up and running thanks to you.

Very very many thanks! You have provided wonderful insightful help.

Just one final bit of help please; I can't find the Lore guides anywhere. Do you know where they might be?

All the best,

David

Comment

Make sure you have the newest update that just got released today by opening the updater and click update. The go into the game and on the guide window is a drop down box where you select a guide click that and it will bring up another box with the different guides that you have. Note on the Loremaster guide is that you must have completed the quests in the leveling guide for that zone before you can use the Loremaster Guide. Also all Eastern Kingdoms is in the Leveling guide so to get loremaster in EK do the leveling guide for eastern kingdoms.
                              Twitter @Chaos5061.

Comment

Working...
                              X