Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Discount

Hi,

I'm a Zygor guides customer for some time.

Straight to the point...

I recently migrated my characters to the alliance and (for me) this basically means I need to buy the alliance leveling guide.

Since I already have the horde and the events (both horde and alliance) I was expecting some kind of discount.

But NO... I was sad enough when I find out that I pay the exact same has a new customer without any kind of relation with Zygor guides (I consider we already have a stable relationship I like you and usually I don't get disappointed).

To the math and if I have it straight a 60$ bundle is available for new customers which basically makes 30$ each faction guide. I feel like an old man in a nursing home nobody cares about me and my family don't even visit me

I think we should have a discount.

Best Regards.

I understand your POV, I've purchased both the leveling guide and the dailies guide for both factions, so please don't take this the wrong way -- we both know the guides are worth every penny put we spend on them. If that wasn't the case we would have requested and received a refund

The guides are currently priced at $40 each, but that's a cost that will be spread over many years. You'll never have to pay for any updates from 1-85. It'd be easy enough to save $40 every month just by changing a few spending habits.

I've felt the small pinch of having to purchase guides individually, but it's truly a very minor expense.
    Lifetime Natural Bodybuilder

Current Weight: 222
    Goal Weight: 198
    16 Weeks til WI State Fair Bodybuilding
    22 Weeks til NANBF Badger Classic

Comment

I think there has been a discount for existing customers but the 60$ for both guides is a reduced price and the upgrade price simply has not been reduced to reflect this.

Comment

Originally posted by jerothas View Post
        I understand your POV, I've purchased both the leveling guide and the dailies guide for both factions, so please don't take this the wrong way -- we both know the guides are worth every penny put we spend on them. If that wasn't the case we would have requested and received a refund

The guides are currently priced at $40 each, but that's a cost that will be spread over many years. You'll never have to pay for any updates from 1-85. It'd be easy enough to save $40 every month just by changing a few spending habits.

I've felt the small pinch of having to purchase guides individually, but it's truly a very minor expense.

I still beat you for one year this means the whining is bigger for me hehe

It's not exactly lifetime upgrades for free I actually forgot to add the fact that I obviously paid the cataclysm upgrade.

Guys don't take me wrong, I like Zygor team a lot and I also agree they deserve every penny, that's actually not my point.

I just think the customer base should have at least the same benefits a new customer has.

I would still open this thread if the faction guide was 5$ and I was aware that new customers could get it for 2,5$.

Comment

I made the same argument when I went from Ally to Horde but honestly, once it was discussed, I fully understand why it is the way it is - these are great guides and obviously are not cheap to create or maintain. It is indeed a one time payment as jerothas pointed out. You will never again have to pay any additional money for 1-85... but you notice how both of us were specific on the 1-85 part? What you just paid for was not an update to the 1-80 that you had previously purchased, but for the addition of 80-85 and the 2 new races (an upgrade)... the same as it will be when the next WoW expansion comes out - but the 1-85 will always be updated for no additional charge... (notice two different terms are being used - Update vs Upgrade).

In the long run, the guides are worth many times what we spend on them in saved time... that's one major reason I upgraded both the ally and horde for Cat even though I'm not running any Ally toons right now... for me it was a little 'thank you for doing such a great job'.

Just my .02 worth... feel free to agree or not...
          * Signature to be Updated at a later time *

Comment

Originally posted by jara View Post
            Hi,

I'm a Zygor guides customer for some time.

Straight to the point...

I recently migrated my characters to the alliance and (for me) this basically means I need to buy the alliance leveling guide.

Since I already have the horde and the events (both horde and alliance) I was expecting some kind of discount.

But NO... I was sad enough when I find out that I pay the exact same has a new customer without any kind of relation with Zygor guides (I consider we already have a stable relationship I like you and usually I don't get disappointed).

To the math and if I have it straight a 60$ bundle is available for new customers which basically makes 30$ each faction guide. I feel like an old man in a nursing home nobody cares about me and my family don't even visit me

I think we should have a discount.

Best Regards.
            We try to offer bundles when purchasing more than one Guide at a time. We understand where you are coming from but since we do not have reacurring charges there aren't any "member" discounts for new guides. We do however offer the chance to upgrade guides with a discount for the new expansions of WoW.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

I looked at my payment history and the price for the guides is now cheaper than ever. When I bought the guides each did cost 50$. Luckily the $ is very light compared to the €.
              After playing around with the guide files I know how much work it is to create all those guides so paying 30$ for every new expansion every 2-3 years is not that much. The guides saved me so much time until now

Comment

I'm the first to say this guides are worth the money once again that's not what I'm discussing. I even made a thread while ago telling how great they are and how I made it to level 85 in a record time.

My point is... I paid 50$ for one guide that is now 40$ which by the way bundled with other faction guide makes a total of 60$.

Now I'm considering buying the ally guide but I need to pay an extra 40$ that makes a total of 90$ (I'm just talking about "leveling" guides) I think we can all agree it's more then 60$ (relax I'm just making my point )

I know that I made my arguments the ultra single view way... but hey!! I'm the customer I'm always rigth

Again with the math... and assuming you guys made the economics if you're willing to make a 10$ discount when someone buys the leveling bundle I don't understand why not making that exact same discount to a veteran user like me whom definitely passed the 100$ mark buying your products.

Comment

Discount and pricing have been discussed earlier. On some products existing customers get discounts, on some not.
                  For example I have a magazine subscription running 20 years now. Every new subscriber gets gifts but existing ones get nothing...
                  At least you get discounts for guide upgrades (that's what most companies offer) and lifetime updates (which many software companies don't offer, often you get one year free updates or only minor version updates).
                  Here's more:
                  http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...the-loyal-ones

Comment

Working...
                  X