In game Gold Guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In game Gold Guide

When can we expect the new in game Gold Making Guide, the guide from Manaveiw "Tycoon" is already available, so we Zygor fans need ours asap so we are not at a disadvantage.

This is something that we would maybe have in the future but not right now. Thank you for thinking of us though
    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Have we forgotten the Blizzard addon policy that Tycoon has violated...

Comment

Did they really violate the policy? This is news to me for sure. I was considering purchasing their gold guide...

Comment

It Really is Time

I do agree it really is time Zygor moved on with what they now call the Professions Guide. I have made level 85 on my characters, got their professions up to full power and now need help on making Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake561 View Post
            Did they really violate the policy? This is news to me for sure. I was considering purchasing their gold guide...
            Since you can't find the addon anywhere on the site for download without having to pay for it then yes, it's a violation of the current addon policy. The portion that is a violation is that the addon that is being loaded by WoW needs to be freely available for anyone to download without having to pay for it.

Zygor works around this by having the addons free for anyone to get thru the trial version and we are only paying for the full guides. WoW loads the Zygor addon and then the addon utilizes the guide files, which are not loaded by WoW but instead loaded by the addon. If Tycoon did something similar to this with a trial version then they would be able to be in compliance with the current addon policy.

It's really just a matter of how Tycoon is distributing the addon that violates the policy, not the addon itself. Now if someone knows where to get the addon (even in a trial format) without having to pay the $50 (and I don't mean torrent) then Tycoon would be ok with the addon policy.
            My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

What they are selling essentially is the addon.

The Crafting module, is pretty much like the addon lil sparky workshop where it calculate the cost vs profit of materials required to create a crafted item.

The Gathering and Farming module draws a gathering and farming location on your map which can be covered by Gather mate

The Auction House module is buying and reselling in the auction house in a simpler format than Auctioneer..., see Auctionator addon

and thats pretty much it, there is nothing that automates you to earn 30,000g per day.. false claim of earning is an FTC lawsuit waiting to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by kinsten View Post
                The Crafting module, is pretty much like the addon lil sparky workshop where it calculate the cost vs profit of materials required to create a crafted item.

The Gathering and Farming module draws a gathering and farming location on your map which can be covered by Gather mate

The Auction House module is buying and reselling in the auction house in a simpler format than Auctioneer..., see Auctionator addon

and thats pretty much it, there is nothing that automates you to earn 30,000g per day.. false claim of earning is an FTC lawsuit waiting to happen.
                I might add that the Gathering/Farming estimates are WAY off. Zangarmarsh herbalism route it estimates 200 Fel Lotus per hour. That's about 1 Fel Lotus per herb gathered assuming 3-4 herbs per minute.

Comment

The Professions guide is literally right around the corner. We're in the final stages now.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Awesome stuff! As to the Tycoon thing, it's total BS. Can't wait to see that site get shut down. Chances are though, they'll get a warning from Blizz's legal team or what not and then they'll add a trial.

Comment

I bought tycoon, but then asked for a refund. (Haven't got it yet)

It is OK, but doesn't do much that you can't do for yourself. The claims they make on their website are wildly inaccurate.

Mannaview (Hexigames) are the old team iDemise team which used to be around a while ago. Just before Cata they updated there guide and changed the name.

I am not knocking them, I believe they are genuine enough, but I fear they have made a mistake with Tycoon.

PH

Comment

Working...
                      X