No announcement yet.

Enormous Guide Update, Tons of Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow I don't quite grapse the concept of jumping the steps.

Does that mean eventually all quests will get covered? If so then why the dynamic jumping?

Comment

No no, this simply means that there are sometimes quests that you cant do - and based on that, they get skipped.

Take the new 4.2 Firelands dailies, for example. You can either do the "Druids of the Talon" dailies quest line OR the "Shadow Wardens" dailies quest line. The quests are both in the same guide, so depending on which quest line you choose to do, the other quest line gets skipped over and you don't see it at all, as it's not suitable for you.

This isn't something that's going to constantly be happening elsewhere in the guides. It will be a pretty rare occurrence, but we needed to let you know anyway, just so you're aware and not like "omgwtf!!!!". :-D Hope that helps.
      Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
      http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
      http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

So this is something very similar to the linking of steps to certain quests that occurred already, for example the Therazane daily quests where the steps for the Pebbles quest got skipped if you didn't have it in your log.

Comment

dynamic steps a bit too dynamic

Well, I for one am having troubles with this dynamic step stuff. For instance, I was doing the goblin 1-13 guide today. Quite often it seemed that it would skip me past steps that I had to do in order to get the next step.

I wish I had written down exactly where these occurred but I will try to recall a few instances.

I remember one of them was to get the heads of the SI5 commanders. The guide skipped over getting the first head. I had to go back manually in the guide and the step was greened out even though I did not have the head. I had to go back and get the head then advance the guide again manually to talk to sassy and get into the fighter.

Another instance was the Koja Kola One quest after you jump down into the mine. It had me take the quest but then skipped the retrieve the cola step and wanted me to continue on without doing this needed step.

I finally turned off the skip impossible steps ability and didnt have any more noticeable problems but I dont think this is what you intended.

Comment

First of all, none of the dynamic progression is being used in the guides yet. This is just a future feature being worked on.

Second, what you're experiencing is an old bug that keeps reappearing, probably due to Blizzard changing the sequence of in-game events. "Right after accepting a quest, steps are marked as impossible and get skipped." A different problem altogether. All cases of this happening should be reported using the built-in Bug Report as soon as noticed.

Comment

zgdev, we've found that it has to do with the auto-accept feature. As soon as auto-accept is disabled the guides behave normally but when it's enabled there is a lot of erratic skipping of steps.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Yes this "Magic Key" seems to be great, when it works lol. i have been testing it out and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt. even on quests where it worked one day it may not work the next, and over the last few days it has not worked at all. i love the concept and as i said it is a great tool. if only it was consistent. /cry besides that which is a very small gripe i love the guides and they are great. keep up the good work all of you on the zygor staff. p.s all you moderators give excellent feedback and we all appreciate your quick responses.

Comment

Thank you for the feedback on the Magic button. We are continuing to implement this in different ways and make sure that there are no errors in the future.
                  Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                  http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                  X