Problem with quests and new update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZG Support View Post
    I think the auto skip "feature" is in some of the high level areas too. Maybe that was the cause of the skipping?
    I just logged and checked to see what it was skipping.

I'm currently lvl 78 doing the Northend 76-78 part of the guide ( lvl 77 step 327). I have all boxes in the dynamic progress options unchecked. I turned in the quest for step 327 ( An offering for Soo-Rahm) and it skipped me ahead to step 330. Step 330 is a for a quest I have but the guide wants me to skip the follow up on 327 and the completion of that quest even with the dynamic progress feature turned off.

I've been manually back tracking and completing steps to this point because I'm concerned that I will miss part of a chain quest line.

When I first installed the new version I was lvl 77 doing lvl 73 quest. The dynamic progress feature had me pick up flight paths as it moved me forward to lvl 77. When the guide caught up to my character lvl it was sending me to NPC's for quest that I couldn't get. It appears from other post that you are aware of this issue.

I turned off the dynamic progress feature and moved the guide ahead until it sent me to Sholazar Basin and started from there. Didn't notice a problem until the last dozen or so steps before step 327 when it started skipping.

The dynamic progress feature is a great idea, looking forward to these few bugs being worked out.

Comment

There should be a slider in the Dynamic options to set how many levels ahead you want to be before the guide tries to skip stuff. Even if you have it turned off it might still be looking at that slider to determine if it needs to skip stuff. Try adjusting it up higher to like 5 levels or so.
      My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Another thing

It is not so much of a problem but it is annoying, I'm using Alliance zygors and there is a quest in zygors which is false Level 43 - 134 which is turn in "murdaloc" Then again in Level 43 - 147 Says Turn in "Murdaloc" this one is actually correct, just thought i'd let you know because this can be confusing to new players and they might think they messed up somehow and they haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by bri17 View Post
          I was doing the same thing....I'd scroll back thinking I wasn't supposed to accept the follow up but it turned out I was. So in my case it's not an issue with the low level auto accept quest feature.
          If the SIS skips before you accept a follow-up, it means it thinks you don't need it anymore. This is generally considered a good thing, you don't really need to finish low-level quest chains if there are more interesting things to do (but we'll probably add an option not to break off chains once started). However, if we're missing a quest dependency somewhere, SIS might indeed break off a chain and send you to an NPC not offering the quest it should. Please let us know for which quests it happens exactly, so that we can add the missing dependencies.

Comment

The first "Turn in Murdaloc" is actually supposed to be "Accept Murdaloc". Thanks for letting us know, will be fixed in the next update.
            Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
            http://www.facebook.com/zygorguides

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
            http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              There should be a slider in the Dynamic options to set how many levels ahead you want to be before the guide tries to skip stuff. Even if you have it turned off it might still be looking at that slider to determine if it needs to skip stuff. Try adjusting it up higher to like 5 levels or so.
              That was the issue. I changed it to 5 lvls and it works perfectly. I had assumed that if I unchecked the boxes it disabled the entire dynamic progress feature so what I thought was a bug was a simple fix, thanks.

Comment

Hearting and Flying

Not sure if this goes for every step, but after turning in Murdaloc in Loch Modan it skipped to Get the Nethergarde Keep Flight Path. When it comes to getting to new Flight paths i always forget where to go or how to get there regardless of how many times i've done it, thing is from loch modan you can't get to the Nethergarde Keep flight path, i tried running there just following the arrow lol... then realized i had to go back to thelsamar fly to darkshire and from there get there.. and those are the steps the guide skipped, what i'm asking is, is there a way so the guide DOESN'T skip things such as hearthback and or fly to certain place? if there is please let me know, i can't find such thing on the options

FYI The steps that i think that are important that it skipped are.. Hearthback to thelsamar, Fly to darkshire, go east to deadwinds pass, go east to swamp of sorrows, and go southeast to badlands.

Comment

In the Dynamic Progress options, disable the "Skip Auxiliary Steps" option. PLease note, though, this will make the guide show you ALL travel steps (hearth, change zones, go into a cave, path starts here, etc). I would recommend looking a few steps ahead to see if you REALLY need to do the travel steps, or if you can skip them.

I hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor View Post
                    Are you in a starter 1-6 zone on a new character? If so, that's a new "feature" Blizzard added in patch 3.3. In the very first starter zones, level 1-6, the game auto-accepts the next quest when you turn in a quest.

I'm guessing that's what's going on for you.

And yes, very annoying.
                    Nope, level 78.

Comment

Go into the ZygorGuidesViewer options and click Dynamic Progress in the list on the left. In the Dynamic Progress options, move the slider bar up to 5 or so. This tells the guide that you are able to get 5 levels ahead of the guide before you want it to start trying to catch you up. Set the bar to however much you want to be able to level ahead.

Comment

Alliance Guide step 98 - (levels 20-25 guide)

After dynamically skipping from step 88 (completing Raene's cleansing part 2), and handing said quest in on step 97 (it skipped straight to the hearth to astranaar), step 98 says to "accept pridewings of talon" which is not available.

I suspect this is because the guide skipped over "The Zoram Strand" as it was a hidden link?

Comment

step 109 (alliance 20-25)

after again skipping a number of steps, we are told to pick up "The Ruins of Stardust" but one of the steps skipped automatically was "Elune's Tear" which is a prerequisite.

Comment

You are truly staying true to your name, Ariadne, spinning a thread and finding gaps in a proper quest sequence - thank you. Fixed, will be available in the next update.

Comment

Working...
                            X