OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seriously, what is faster: Dugi or Zygor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, what is faster: Dugi or Zygor?

I really want to know that.
    Which guide provides a faster 1 - 85 guide?

If you can show us some comparable Dugi leveling times... I did not find any in his forum.
    Also it's difficult to get comparable times as Blizzard changed leveling speed before and with Cataclysm and it depend on using heirlooms and guild bonus.

As leveling is very linear I doubt that there are big differences in the played time. It's more a preference if you like one or the other guide. I personally don't like the tourguide style, I like to have more information and control.

The only character I started after Cataclysm is now level 60 in 1 day and 6 hours (heirloom shoulder and chest, 5% guild XP bonus).

Comment

Originally posted by fantersam View Post
      I really want to know that.
      Which guide provides a faster 1 - 85 guide?
      No offense, but this isn't a very smart question to ask at all on this forum. It's obvious 99.99% of zygor users prefer this one, while more than likely the same holds true on Dugi's forum.

That would be like me posting on a Yankee's forum about who is better them or the Red Soxs and doing the reverse on the other.

I've owned both (got my refund on Dugi's) and I'm still here. Wouldn't trade these guides for the world.

As Cartman said, they're very different guides which tailor to certain people.

My only complaint on Zygor's guide is that I miss the original skin for the guides and wish we could have an option for some that look like it. Used to change the color depending on my class. Purple for locks, Orange for a few and use the other colors as well.
      Obviously I prefer the new simplicity and changes of these new guides, but, the midnight black is starting to get pretty lame for me.

Comment

if only the proffesion guide would come out......and yeah we need more skin choices but great guide and way better then Dugi. Dugi is a ripoff.

Comment

Zygor had said he hopes to have the Professions guide out this month, so only 2 or 3 weeks now before it's out.
          My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

I do believe that there is a member here who used Zygor's Guides and leveled from 1 to 85 in a little over 3 days /played. Just opened another tab and done a quick search, here is the link for it, also has a screenie attached. That tells me that Zygor's is the best honestly

http://www.zygorguides.com/forum/sho...-1-85-in-3d-6h

Comment

I can answer that question, since I have both Zygor and Dugi's guides. As it stands, the actual leveling time is pretty similar, with an advantage I give to Zygor. Not because I mod for the forums, but because the way the guides are designed, and presented for the end-user. The less time I have to spend working out what the guide is telling me to do, the more time was spent leveling my toon. Ergo, by this factor, my edge goes to Zygor.
              But, as has been noted, there really isnt a comparable post I know of to give an actual controlled study finding.
              I really should do that though. Pick a class, and a low-pop regular realm, and run a test. Each guide gets the exact same class and spec, no BoA's, no gold... nothing but pure quest leveling.
              Wont be for a bit though. I want to finish this rogue to 85 first.
              "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

I'd do it as I seem to be good at leveling toons but I don't have Dugi's. I have no intentions on pirating a copy either. If someone wants to hook me up that's fine but I won't be hitting the torrent sites for it.

Comment

i have both guides and use Zygor becasue it is better. I am lv84 right now and played time is nly 6 days

Comment

Well if you want a honest opinion from myself, I think Zygors is alot better and no its not because I am a huge fan of Zygors guide and will do anything to get people to buy it. For a couple reasons actually, Zygors is alot more organized aswell as the user interface is. Unlike Dugi's guide, Zygors guide tell you when you need to grind a extra two or three bars. From my experience Dugi's guide will throw you off your levels by not telling you that you have enough experience to start the next guide. Other then the user interface, organization, and the fact that it will tell you to grind a few bars which can be crucial to keeping up to par with the guide. Again this is just my opinion.

Comment

I tried Dugi's not too long ago, but even so, so some things may have changed, but here is a bit about my experience with it.

Having used Zygor's for quite a while, I wanted a change from the usual routine, so I bought Dugi's. It was like going from a Mercedes to a Trabant. Not only was the guide full of errors, Lua this and Lua that, but leveling was seriously limited to doing one thing at a time, and it had better be done in sequence - if I multitasked a bit by gathering/killing for some quest while doing the quest Dugi's was prompting me to do, then it would more or less break down later, when I came to the quest I had done some pre-gathering/-killing for. Same with any quest done out of sequence.

Definitely slower, low code quality (I took a long, hard look at the innards), and I would recommend against going that way.
                      QQ

The CIA deliberately spread misinformation that tin-foil hats prevent mind control.
                      The horrible truth is, that tinfoil hats enable mind control.

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Working...
                      X