OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I stop the guide from making macros?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I stop the guide from making macros?

I use my macros for my characters, every time the guide tried to make tons of them I just get an addon error because there isn't space

And then of course they don't work, if I click them in the guide they don't target anything. (tried disabling all addons except zygor, and it still doesn't work, and yes the It's up to date.)

I can't find the option for turning them off. where is it? They are really starting to annoy me.

There is currently no option for turning it off. It has problems when all of your character macro slots are full. If you free up a couple of them by moving a couple to the general tab then it should only create one or two macros and not keep going and giving errors.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Did you see what I said? They don't even work. I don't want them at all.
      How are you even supposed to use them? sit with the /macro window open and drag them to your bar every time you advance a step? Clicking them in the guide window does nothing.

never seen any other addon make macros. Seems like really lazy coding to make macros instead of making the addon do it on its own.

I've seen 4 and more macro's per step.

Comment

I'm also not very happy with this macro thing and would rather have an option to turn it off completely. There are enough helpful things implented to the game itself to identify quest givers and quest mobs. But too many people asked for that kind of function...

I didn't test it as I don't need it but I think the guide creates up to 4 macros that you can drag into your bars or click the button. However I also noticed that this button does not seem to work. I thought that it may be related to the WoW language, I play with a german client.

I'm sure we get an option to turn this whole thing off in the future.

Edit: I don't think there's another way to implement this without macros. There are quite a few things an addon can't do and a "target" is one of them. At least I did not find a simple solution when looking at the WoW API functions.

Comment

Some addons can target though. NPCScan for example. It might be that it requires the user to click or something like that, but addon targetting is possible to some extend at least.

Comment

If only a click is required this would be ok as there's already the button in the guide window for that (and I think a keybinding). We'll see if the Zygor team comes up with a better solution.

Comment

Working...
            X