Skipping ahead in the guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skipping ahead in the guide?

Hopefully this would be the right section or no threads have been asked about this. But my pally just hit level 68 and I'm following the guide from head to toe. It seems like leveling in Burning Crusade got considerably slower and since I hit 68, instead of finishing BC, I was curious if I could say maybe go jump to a Northrend guide and gain those levels faster by going there? Or will I eventually hit a point in the guide to where I have to grind? Cuz if I have to grind, I'd rather avoid that all together, thanks.

You should be able to hit Northrend now if you want, but you might have some quests you can't accept until you're 70 if you go too early. I'd recommend waiting until you're half way to three quarters way thru 68 before jumping to the Northrend guide. This should allow you to hit 70 before you get to those quests that require 70 to accept. If you go and find there are some quests you can't accept just keep a mental note of what step number it was and then when you hit 70 go back to that step to grab the quest and continue following the guides.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The D.H.E.T.A quests in the Borean Tundra guide are the only problem I encountered when going to Northrend at 68. Those are the quests that require level 70 and they are done pretty early in the Alliance guide. If you encounter that problem you can easily go on questing in the quarry and come back after that.

On Horde side I think you do enough quests before you get there to be level 70.

I don't know what happens if you decide to go to the Fjord first, I always did the Tundra and the Fjord afterwards.

Comment

Okay, thanks for the info. I'm level 71 so everything went smoothly. But another question I had is in the same regard. Can I keep skipping ahead of the guild by two levels just as long as I'm the right level for the quests by that time? Figured I'd skip ahead then grind out with dungeons if I had to.

Comment

Don't manually skip ahead in the guide. You may go on with the next zone if the guide asks if you want to. But normally you can stick to the guide especially in Northrend. Green quests give you full XP so there's no problem being even 4-5 levels ahead.
          There's also a quest line that leads from Fjord / Tundra to Dragonblight. Don't know what happens to it if you skip to the next zone before getting this quest. It's something about a messenger.

Comment

Working...
          X