Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple waypoints in a single step

Hi There,

first of all, love the guides, make leveling a lot less frustrating at times!

i had a question... maybe this is me not knowing what to do... but hope you can help...

couple of months ago I remember that if you had to go to multiple locations in a single step (for example pick up an item in one area, and drop it off in another), you could click on the waypoint coordinates in the guide, and your arrow would automatically change to point in that direction. These days it does not do that anymore..

Any tips on this?

Thanks
    Ash2Dust

This is a bug that the team are trying to get fixed. The way you remember it from before is how it's supposed to work.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

The guide format for those alternate coordinates has changed so they have to be changed in the guide files. In most cases this already happened but there may be some steps that got overlooked. If you find them please post them in the forum with faction, guide and step number.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I noticed that this issue happened for almost every step in Vashjir.. but will make sure to note down any future steps that I see.

thanks for the responses.

Comment

I took a quick look at the Alliance Vashj'ir guide and found only the following:

Step 19: .' Swim over to 46.4,46.5 after you get kidnapped

There are about 3 other steps with additional coordinates that look ok.
          If you have problems that the guide does not advance on all those enter cave and leave cave steps, this is the bug Cabby mentioned. I noticed that I had to get very close to those coordinates to make the step advance but it worked the last time I was in Vashj'ir. So maybe it's just the distance check that does not work on those steps.

Comment

Hi there,

the issue is not with the guide not moving forward to the next step, it is more linked to:

Step1: Pick up naga from coordinates XX, YY and then drop off the naga at coordinates YY, ZZ.

The waypoint arrow points to YY, ZZ and in the past, I could click on XX, YY coordinate in hte text, and the waypoint would point towards it.

I hope this makes sense....

Comment

That's exactly what I looked up in the guide. For example this step:
              step //115
              goto 50.3,41.1
              .' Click Zin'jatar Raiders |tip They look like dead nagas around this area.
              .' Bring them to [50.8,45.9] |tip You have to drag them one at a time.
              .' Dispose of 3 Dead Zin'jatar Raiders |q 25215/1
              This is from the current guide version and this step should work as intended as there are the brackets in the guide file since the last guide update. However other steps may got overlooked. If you use the most current guide version and find more of these please report them here.

Looking at the Horde Vashj'ir guide I found those steps that need to be corrected:
              step //15
              goto 36.7,28.9
              .from Gilblin Plunderer##41746+
              .' Click Orgrimmar Axes |tip They look like small axes on the ground around this area. They can be a little hard to see from far away, so keep an eye out for them.
              .get 5 Orgrimmar Axe |q 25944/1
              .' Click Orgrimmar Helms |tip They look like white helmets on the ground around this area.
              .get 5 Orgrimmar Helm |q 25944/2
              .' Click Orgrimmar Breastplates |tip They look like white armor chest pieces on the ground around this area.
              .get 5 Orgrimmar Breastplate |q 25944/3
              .' You can find more Axes, Helms and Breastplates around 36.2,21.0

step //114
              goto 50.3,41.1
              .' Click Zin'jatar Raiders |tip They look like dead nagas around this area.
              .' Bring them to 50.8,45.9 |tip You have to drag them one at a time.
              .' Dispose of 3 Dead Zin'jatar Raiders |q 25215/1

Comment

There are a ton of these coordinates being updated now, and as we come across them. The next update will show these plus more fixed. Thanks for the report.
                Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Thank you guys for the fixes and the reply.

Appreciate your work on this!

Comment

Originally posted by ash2dust View Post
                    Thank you guys for the fixes and the reply.

Appreciate your work on this!
                    Anytime, that's what we're here for.
                    Become a Fan of Zygor Guides on Facebook:
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Zygor-...04933799556988

Follow Zygor Guides on Twitter:
                    http://twitter.com/zygorguides

Comment

Working...
                    X