guide not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

guide not working

On three seperate occasions now I have tried following the guide only for ot to tell my to go to X and talk to Z and when i go there they wont allow me to atalk to the npc. I have then tried grinding some more and requested a new suggested guide to follow, and the guide does its calculations and sends me somewhere else to talk to yet another npc who wont interact with me in any way.

Im currently in ungoro crater, im level 57 +3% to 58 and the guide tells me to talk to krakle (standing next to a tent) and he wont do anything I have tried yet again requesting a new guide from the addon and yet again it's sending me to people who wont interact.

Please advise how to fix this ?

From what I've read of other problems like this it has always been a phasing issue. Try logging out and in or maybe connecting with a different character and then go onto the one you have problems with.
    Toons

Level 85 Night Elf Druid
    Level 85 Gnome DK
    Level 64 Human Warrior

Comment

So you are at step 15, right after the flight point step?
      Try to turn in the quest at step 16. This is the turnin for the quest that leads to the Un'Goro Crater ("Tropical Paradise Beckons"). Then manually go back to step 15.
      In general you always need a quest that leads to a new zone, this can either be a quest from a bouard in a city ("Hero's Call") or a quest in the previous zone.
      Questing is very linear since Cataclysm so skipping while inside a zone is not possible. You have to follow the guide step by step until you finish the guide section or you leave the zone early because you are ahead of the guide.

Comment

thanks for the reply, Do you have a link to discussions on this perhaps?

I thought Phasing only affected two players in the same area who were on differing stages in the progress in particular areas, Or maybe I am missunderstanding your poitn which is entirely possible.

I have treid getting the guide to skip a couple of steps and it now points me to something i can actualy do but ithought the whole point in buying it was that it would make sure i followed the correct questlines, to level as fast as possible, As if I have to keep telling it to skip steps, It's really me who doing the calculating not the guide and therefore I dont see what my investment is actualy giving me , No offence is intended by that, It's just my interpretation of what the guide claimed to do for me

Comment

ok i posted my last response while the last post was being made I will try to read through it carefully then try what has been suggested thanks for the response

Comment

Phasing problems may occur on many different occasions. Some zones change while you are questing (NPCs are in different locations, battles start and end). There's always the possibility that the game does not put you into the right phase. What Krayzee suggest (Leaving the area or logging out and back in) are the easiest ways to get back on track if such a problem occurs.

However in your case I don't think it's a phasing issue. Just start over with that zone guide from step one and click through the steps with the next step button (or use a keybinding for that - go into the standard wow keybinding options and look for the Zygor section) to see if something was skipped.

Comment

hmm ok I have tried following your advice Cartman, And have retraced every step in the ungoro crater guide up to step 38 and I havent skipped a step and it still wont let me talk to krakle if i tell it to skip a step it wont let me talk to spraggle. and if i skip another step it wont let me talk to ringo...

Comment

For the sake of absoloute clarity I had already done some of the ungoro crater Quests before i purchased the Zygor guide, But i assumed it would simply detect quests i had completed and then put me on the right track.

Comment

Normally it should detect which quests you already completed and mark them green and skip unneccessary steps. I don't know what's happening in Un'goro. Maybe it's some reputation issue.
                  If anyone else has an idea about this?

The only advice I can currently give you is to either skip every quest not available (which you already done) or select another guide, maybe the Blasted Lands as that's the last guide before Outlands. I think this one takes you t oWinterspring to get the quest that leads there so it may be a bit confusing traveling.

Comment

thanks for you help, I have skipped all in ungoro till I got one i could do now starting in blasted lands exactly as per the script from the guide, Heres hoping all goes well

Comment

Working...
                    X