OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profession Guide News! Big Update - Lots of Fixes + New Features. :-)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1

I'd be very happy with a subscription scheme.

To those complaining - remember this is for *new* content. You don't have to pay again for what you've already bought.

Comment

I'm not too bothered about a subscription fee but what I want to know is: are longer term customers (ie: myself) going to get a better deal then those who have just bought the guide? I remember in Wrath I think it was, people that bought the guide before a set date got the free update whereas I had to buy the whole thing. It wasn't too expensive it just made me feel like newer customers got the better deal. Can I expect the same situation this time around?
      Toons

Level 85 Night Elf Druid
      Level 85 Gnome DK
      Level 64 Human Warrior

Comment

"If we do go with a subscription model"

... you can expect a lot of customers to leave.

"customers would not have to switch to the subscription"

... ever, if you want to keep them.

Comment

I can see why Zygor would want to switch to a sub system - and honestly, I'm surprised it isn't already, they do an awful lot of work for what we pay. I'm glad that they wouldn't make current customers pay the sub until there was something new to pay for. I'm not saying I'd be particularly -happy- with having to pay out more, but it IS worth it.

They have effectively said that once they are using a sub system (and I think that despite Zygor saying he isn't going to say what the changes are, it sounds definitely like a sub system!) that they will have more people working on the guides and therefore get them out quicker and bug fixes quicker etc.

What I'm interested in knowing is whether there will be tiers of prices like there currently are. For example, levels of subscription. Like, different packages. 1. Horde guide, 2. Alliance guide, 3. Both leveling, 4. Horde+Dailies, 5. Alliance+Dailies, 6. Both+Dailies for both etc. I don't know what the logistics of organising it would be, but it might help people that are a little worried that they will get guides they don't want/need.
          Argent Dawn (Horde) - EU

Celinia, 85 Tankadin (purely Zygor leveled!)
          Cerynia, 85 Unholy DK
          Myara, 85 Holy Priest
          Meriakel, 85 Frost Mage
          Summerdance, 85 Resto Druid

Comment

why not both models? Keep the now model and add a subscription model...I know the whining about premium starts...but what i mean is if someone is changing to subscription only pay that monthly or what ever fee and the rest who doesn't like subscriptions pay full price like now for the products?

ehm something is wrong with the magic key -> target NPCs and monster option ... i have a white line in the right down corner where i should talk to...is that a future or a bug? i think a bug 'cos i can't move it at all. It is not disappearing when i use the toggle function of the window like the direction arrow. Yes i reinstalled it already.
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.

[attributed to Albert Einstein]

Comment

Subscription: Don't do it.

Please don't go to a subscription pay model. I will pay for the guides I want as they come out.

Comment

I second Jymmbo's comment. I only bought the guides I want and will use. I have enough bills to worry about on a monthly basis, let alone having to subscribe to something like this.

If it switches to a subscription model, then I'm out. These guides are not mandatory to play WoW, they just make some things simpler and easier. The convenience I get from the guide would be outweighed by the lack of convenience of having to worry about paying a sub fee for this every month. Simple as that.

Comment

+1 to "please no subscription model".

I bought the Zygor guides because I was happy with the outlay, knowing I'd never have to pay more.... except for "upgrades". Fair enough. Forcing me to pay a subscription for something I've already bought... when I want to buy/subscribe to a new guide.... that is low.

If the plan is to run a subscription service in parallel to the established purchased guides, awesome. No issue with that whatsoever and I fully support it. Its the forcing existing users on to it in order to get new guides I'd be pissed with.

If I were looking at a subscription to a guide... I'd pay at MOST $2 USD per month. Anything more than that is too much.

Comment

I think I generally concure with most nay sayers on this. I pay for the guides I need/want. These don't get used daily/weekly/monthly to warrent a Subscription unless we are talking pennies. They get used to help take some of the chore away from leveling new Toons/Alts to catch my Main(s).

I kinda like taking things slow initially and enjoying any new content not flashing through it so my Main normally gets leveled without the guide - If Zygor goes subscription then I guess all it means to me is it will just take me a little while longer to level any Alts.

I'm not that into Vanity/I mainly PvP so the Achievements tend to find me by accident I don't need help hunting them out. Thing is Zygor what you need to remember is your convienience/indulgance food - Bit like doughnuts. Its nice to have em but I can easily live without them.

Comment

I love Zygor guides but I cant do another subscription. we pay for 2 wow accounts, a rift account for my husband, on top of that with our bills, no way that we could afford that, but I love Zygor, but if you guys go subscription, I will be forced to use another guide that is just as good I don't mind the plans you have now, and I could suggest some package deals with the new guides and alot of free trials on em, but please. don't go subscription You guys will lose alot of subscribers if you do that! Especially long time ones, I have been using your guides for 2 years and I would be one of those subscribers.
                      I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
                      [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

To all you whiners about not wanting a sub setup, this site is how the Zygor team supports their families. How they pay their bills. How they are able to buy little Sarah her new Barbie doll. Try thinking about that for a change instead of what it may cost you. You don't seem to think about what it costs you to keep paying your electric bill every month, or cell phone bill, or for those of you who run more than 1 WoW account or have multiple gaming subs to different games. I'd say one of the reasons that the guides have a somewhat slow release time is that parts of the team are having to work another job just to make ends meet. Try thinking about things like that before you decide to complain about what may come or what may not come. If Z and the team turn it into a Sub based setup, I for one will gladly pay for it. I know the amount of work that goes into these guides. It's not easy and it's very time consuming. If you wanna cry about the possibility of a sub setup, go somewhere else and do it.
                        @Zygor and the team: You guys are doing a great job! Don't listen to the whiners and those complaining of what you might do with the business model. Do what you think is best so you can keep up your good work as well as support yourselves and family.

Comment

I could not agree more.

No way would I pay a subscription fee!!!

Comment

Always great to hear from rich people, where price is no object!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jsmulvey View Post
                              Always great to hear from rich people, where price is no object!!!
                              I fully agree, I have paid for the zygor guides, horde and alliance, the daily guides, the update to cata, i do not generally use them anymore, based on the fact that my toons are 85.

I would not pay a sub fee, even with price not being an issue, I just believe that unless you are using it every day you play, there is no reason to pay for something that I will use once every couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by shadowdragoonftw View Post
                                I second Jymmbo's comment. I only bought the guides I want and will use. I have enough bills to worry about on a monthly basis, let alone having to subscribe to something like this.

If it switches to a subscription model, then I'm out. These guides are not mandatory to play WoW, they just make some things simpler and easier. The convenience I get from the guide would be outweighed by the lack of convenience of having to worry about paying a sub fee for this every month. Simple as that.

I second that ! Zygor's guides are great but it is only for a game that is NOT needed in real life such as electricity etc... So I won't pay a monthly subscription for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X