OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Profession Guide News! Big Update - Lots of Fixes + New Features. :-)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zygor
    replied
    Originally posted by SolarDawn View Post
    That's a shame how you're treating your customers who already bought all of your other guides + their upgrades.
    Sorry, but we disagree. We've been bending over backwards to try to figure out a way to make this fair to everyone. You'll have used our guides for an entire year by the time this change happens. You're only going to have to subscribe if you want *new* guides. How are we being unfair?

Leave a comment:

• SolarDawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Zygor View Post
    We may discuss the possibility of a lower price point for long-time customers. However, at this time it will likely be the same.
    It's a shame how you're willing to treat your customers who already bought all of your other guides + their upgrades. I really hope you won't rip us off.

Leave a comment:

• cabby
    replied
    Lol, just noticed that I joined the forums here only 2 months after Zygor did and I've got over double his post count. You need to post more often Zygor.

Leave a comment:

• dudedafool
    replied
    Originally posted by Zygor View Post
    We may discuss the possibility of a lower price point for long-time customers. However, at this time it will likely be the same.
    Very disappointing to read.

But, thanks for the update and fixes.

Leave a comment:

• Zygor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dudedafool
    replied
    So a sub based system is incoming from what it appears.

My question to you, is once an expansion comes out, and we're forced to switch to the sub based system would we still be paying full price as someone who just joined is the paying the base sub?
    If that is the case, it just seems a little wrong for others like myself who own and have supported your company/guides to pay the exact same price.
    I'm not arguing or agree with the people who complain every expansion about paying the upgrade fee from WOTLK to Cata.

But, this to me seems a very different case.

I understand your company needs money or there will be no desire to stay in business and release the guides, but, I hope you can understand my concern as I'm certain others are concerned as well.

Leave a comment:

• Zygor
    replied
    Noted, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• cabby
    replied
    The macro button isn't working properly Zygor. It's creating the macro for the next step instead of the current step. I also posted in the Bugs forum about Carbonite waypoints being broken with this update.

Leave a comment:

• Zygor
    replied
    If we do go with a subscription model, customers would not have to switch to the subscription just to continue receiving updates for the guides they've purchased before we changed to subscription. You would be able to update your guides every time there was an update for it, up until an expansion. At that point, instead of paying an Upgrade fee, you would need to switch to subscription. If you wanted any other guides you didn't have previously, you would need to switch to subscription.

Also, Blizzard has announced recently that they're going to be releasing content MUCH faster than they used - evidenced by Patch 4.3 already close to releasing. All our guides are going to need to be updated with fixes and adding new content faster than ever before. Please keep that in mind.

Whatever we do, we genuinely feel it will be fair to both sides.

Leave a comment:

• dudedafool
    replied
    Originally posted by rosencavelier View Post
    I've long thought they should have a subscription model... what incentive is there to improve something that has already been paid for? Only the benefit of new sales. A subscription actively encourages improvement.
    What is there that needs to be added that would constitute a premium based service though? The guide is already solid, what needs to be added?
    All they do these days is fix bugs and set up the holiday things.
    Would my monthly sub allow me the get bug fixes, shouldn't it be included?

If new guides came out, I think I like many others would prefer to spend 20-40 dollars for a guide knowing it's always there, as long as WoW is up/Zygor decides to close shop. Instead of outpaying the guide 4-8 months from when I started.

If it came down to a sub base, I guess... I would pay for it, IF, and ONLY if I wasn't being charged for the guides I already paid full price for when I purchased them.

This update, while very appreciated, leaves me a little worried.

Leave a comment:

• rosencavelier
    replied
    I've long thought they should have a subscription model... what incentive is there to improve something that has already been paid for? Only the benefit of new sales. A subscription actively encourages improvement.

Leave a comment:

• merlik
    replied
    Unfortunately I don't think I would pay over $5 a month and that high I might be a little upset with the amount of money I have already spent on Zygor Guides. I can't see spending $25 a month to play a game. That is $300 a year and to me WoW just ins't worth it.

Leave a comment:

• cyankee
    replied
    If it came down to a subscription (cheap enough) and that meant that I would always get the latest updates, upgrades (i.e. expansions), and whatever else they threw into the mix, I would not have a problems....What is it now? $40/ a piece and $60/ for both? Change that to something like $5 or $7 a month, I would be fine....even $10 a month if it got me some sort of premium service or something.... hmm...interesting question....how many copies have been purchased? Credit those people with like one year of service while anyone new has to sigh up. Hell...to even USE it you need to have an active subscription...

...oh the ideas there are that can really make money....

Leave a comment:

• merlik
    replied
    If they do go subscription I hope those of us that have had the guides for a long long time and bough every update and guide they have released, get a great deal compared to those just starting out.

Leave a comment:

• dulak
    replied
    With comments like that rmilyard, you can go over to some other guide seller. The prices they charge here are not bad at all compared to many I've seen. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X