*CRITICAL* Purchase Activation & Website Security Issues Resolved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macgyver33 View Post
    ok i changed my password but i have a password that they cant any gues anyways because i dont use small passwords
    It's not a case of being able to guess it - the passwords are stored in clear text so it's possible that they may have been obtained.

Comment

Problem changing forum password

Maybe I'm blind. I just changed my password but after logging in on the members page with my new password and clicking on the forum button I have to login to the forum with my old password.

I tried the change password from the members page and the change password from the "edit profile" page both with the same result as both direct me to the same page. Do I miss something?

Comment

battle.net account activated email

so, any of you get an email to your zygor email address saying a battle.net account has been activated waiting for confirmation? Mine starts out,"hello zhang". This email was recieved on August 13 and had me wondering who had tried to use my email for WoW account. Makes me think they may have been trying to log in on my WoW account and was unable so it made a new one instead. Oh well we will see. I use several email addresses so I shouldn't have to worry too much.

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
          The Updater currently has some problems dealing with passwords that contain special characters such as ~!@#$%^&*(), etc. If your new password has something other than letters and numbers please try picking a new one with letters and numbers only. And don't forget to go into the Updater settings and change it there too.
          I have to disagree with your 'solution,' Cabby. The use of special characters allows creating stonger passwords (which is what this entire topic is about).

If your Updater "currently has some problems dealing with passwords that contain special characters..." then I strongly suggest that you fix it, instead of asking us to reduce the strength of our private passwords. It seems like a more logical fix, to me.

Comment

will you email us when the encryption of PW is complete?

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
              I have to disagree with your 'solution,' Cabby. The use of special characters allows creating stonger passwords (which is what this entire topic is about).

If your Updater "currently has some problems dealing with passwords that contain special characters..." then I strongly suggest that you fix it, instead of asking us to reduce the strength of our private passwords. It seems like a more logical fix, to me.
              While I would love to fix it, I can't. I'm not part of the team nor do I have the programming experience to find and fix the problem. I can only pass on the current info of what problems are known to the moderator team to help the customers to get their guides working.
              My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Many thanks for this response......problem is now sorted. Cheers.

Comment

Would just like to let all the Zygor members know that my XBox Live account was hacked last night and was used to purchase Microsoft Points. I have recovered the account and disputed the purchase, but it seems too much a coincidence that this happened less than 24 hours after Zygor warned us about the site being compromised.

Just warning everyone to keep an eye on your online accounts!

- Poxyponya

Comment

Unless you use the same username and password for this site and Xbox Live then that's all it is - a coincidence.

Comment

now, I am curious, I know how bad it is to get hacked and whatnot, and the damage it can do mentally to one, I been hacked in wow, in my emails, and whatnot, but out of curiosity, and yes, I will make sure tochange my zygor password just to be on the safeside, but what exactly is the damage that could be done to someone being hacked with zygor? like what can they do to us exactly as zygor customers? I am curious.
                      I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
                      [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
                        While I would love to fix it, I can't. I'm not part of the team nor do I have the programming experience to find and fix the problem. I can only pass on the current info of what problems are known to the moderator team to help the customers to get their guides working.
                        Thanks for replying, Cabby. So now, my question is "Have you passed the issue I mentioned on to the moderator team"? If you haven't done that yet, do you plan to?

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by kreelor View Post
                          Thanks for replying, Cabby. So now, my question is "Have you passed the issue I mentioned on to the moderator team"? If you haven't done that yet, do you plan to?

Thanks again.
                          Kreelor, we all on the moderator team are not on what we mods refer to as the staff. What that means is we are not in a position of fixing or changing anything on the guide itself.
                          However, leaving a post about a problem gets read by the staff, if not by Zygor himself, unless one of us mods closes the thread. We only close a thread when the OP has stated the problem is resolved. On what you are asking, this is a question for Zygor et al to respond to.
                          So while you see mods online, the response you are looking for on this particular issue has to come from one of the staffers.
                          Hope that clears up why you are not getting the response from Cabby you are looking for.
                          "The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas."

Comment

As Kam says there's a big difference between us moderators and the Zygor staff. We forum moderators are just customers like yourself that have volunteered a lot of our time to help our fellow customers with problems. What we can and can't do is pretty limited. We can spot problems within the guides and direct people how to fix them on their own but we don't have any means to actually make a quick and simple fix in the distributed files. We've learned a lot of the little quirks (such as the Updater not liking special characters right now) and we use that information to help others get past issues they're having with their guides. I've even installed TeamViewer on both my desktop and laptop to use to help others that have installation problems. However we really don't know what the staff have planned, what they're working on, what bugs/changes are on their 'to-do' list, etc. Now if we weren't doing what we do then the staff would have to do all the little things that we do and would leave them with precious little time to actually come out with new features, major bug fixes, and new guides.

I will say with certainty tho, the issue you've expressed concern over (special characters in the Updater) has been brought up before and the staff are aware of the issue. However I can't say if/when it will be fixed. All I can do about it is inform fellow customers that the issue exists and for them to not use the special characters in their passwords if they want the Updater to work for them.

Comment

Noone has answered my question >.<
                              I make videos on youtube! Check em out, gaming videos mostly, and got my video testimonials for zygor stuff there!
                              [URL="http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24"]http://www.youtube.com/user/Onyxangel24[/URL]

Comment

I would love to answer it for you sharlyne, but I don't know exactly what the hackers got. If all they managed to get was our account names and email addresses there's very little they can do besides spam your email with junk. If they got hold of the passwords then that would compromise any other website or service you use with the same email/password combo. I know that since Zygor does all his payments thru ClickBank that there is no credit card info here so you don't have to worry about them using your cards to buy stuff. I don't know if any home address info is stored here anywhere but I don't think so because I don't remember it being filled in anywhere here. So overall I'd have to say that I don't believe a whole lot can be done as long as you're wise with using different passwords at different sites.

Comment

Working...
                                X