Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would just like a solid answer from Zygor about the actual pricing that they want to go with.

I certainly understand people being upset.
    You pay full price for the guide.
    Then you have to re-buy it because BC is a "NEW' expansion,
    Then you buy it again, because "WOTLK" is a "NEW" expansion.
    Then you buy it again, because CATACLYSM is a "NEW" expansion.

I have always felt that was not right, when the site clearly said "lifetime upgrades". It did NOT say "Lifetime upgrades of this version, and any future versions you will have to pay extra for!"

I hope Zygor is going to take product loyalty into consideration.
    Perhaps there could be different pricing if you have bought the software before.

Anyway, I am not going to bother yelling, or making a decision on this until Zygor actually reveals the price.

Obviously it has people upset, just look at the number and frequency of posts!

Comment

Originally posted by mick12330 View Post
      What about us long time customers that have bought guides over the years. What kinda break are we going to get ?? I spent alot of money on these guides.
      The break is that you can now get every guide we offer for a fraction of the price we used to charge you for. If you sign up for the subscription you will instantly get every product you are missing, plus all 6 of our new guides (Professions, Achievements, Titles, Reputation, Vanity Pets & Mounts, and Macros), plus all expansion content and every new product we ever make including possible guides for new games.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
        The break is that you can now get every guide we offer for a fraction of the price we used to charge you for. If you sign up for the subscription you will instantly get every product you are missing, plus all 6 of our new guides (Professions, Achievements, Titles, Reputation, Vanity Pets & Mounts, and Macros), plus all expansion content and every new product we ever make including possible guides for new games.

$15 a month isn't cheap.

http://www.zygorguides.com/affiliates/

Comment

... Many customers would love to have all of our guides but just cannot afford to pay up to hundreds of dollars for them. ...
          I think many costumers don't want to pay for guides, they don't need or they have already paid for. Why should I pay a fee for Level oder Event-Guide - Updates? I have them already (until the next addon).

[EDIT: And yes: I would like to use the new addons, so I have to pay the fee!]

Comment

That's an absurd response... "fraction of the price"... please, you are an addon, not an entire game... why would we pay the same monthly price as the game itself...

Comment

Well put me in the group who will not pay a monthly fee for content like this. I do not like the monthly fee way of doing biz in general and only put up with it where I have to have the service (cable modem telephone WoW and I gave up Cable TV for just that reason as soon as TV on demand on the web covered the sort of programing I like) I will take a look at what you are offering in the 6 new guides next week and and if you offer a one time price with lifetime upgrades included (excepting new content expansion) I will decide on a case by case basis if I want any of them ($ 15 a month times 12 months is $180 ( pay WoW in 6 monte batch for discount of more than $20 a years WoW costs less!) then times 5 years you expect WoW to last and that is $900 I am giving you over and above what I have spent with you as an early adopter of your products.... so No I will not go in for a monthly fee with you for any reason... I urge you to rethink this most forks are smart enough to see a monthly fee for the very bad deal that it is WoW gets my money as it is just barely able to justify it for the enjoyment it gives me that level of fun drops below that line and I am Casper ( a Ghost and Gone)

Comment

The plan will work like any other subscription service you have seen. You will be able to freeze your account and only pay when you actually use the guide, as opposed to what happens for many customers, which is to quit WoW after a few months even though you payed hundreds for guides.
                Please Clarify;
                If I freeze the subscription I can not use the guides at all while the subsciption is frozen?

Comment

Sorry but if the $14.99 per month price is the correct price anyone who pays that is a complete idiot and deserves to be ripped off paying for a guide for a game I pay less for on a yearly basis. I love your guides but you are out of your mind if you charge more than $5 a month!

Comment

So,Existing customers who bought every guide get screwed and have to pay full price when someone who never bought your guides gets all and the existing customers have to pay the same? That' one way to screw over your customer base.

Comment

"Fraction of a price" for "old guides". If I would be interested in the Horde guides, it would have been 75$. With the subscription I would get the missing guides in 5 months (added to the alliance guides I really need). The new guides would be nealy the same, even if I wouldn't take the premium subscription and just alliance it would be maybe 6-8 months to pay it using the "old system"-price. And then I've to pay on, if I want bugs and small changes corrected.

Comment

Delusional

I am sorry Zygor Support 2 but you are clearly delusional if you think this subscription service is going to work.

You have managed to alienate your customer base who paid up front. Priced your “Guide” subscription as near as dam it to the cost of a Warcraft subscription.

Delusional a false belief or opinion: laboured under the delusion that success was at hand.

Comment

but i allready bought all the guides you have.

so i will pay more money for 6 new guides then a new member. (i allready payed for the other guides)

i will get less for more money.

Comment

Originally posted by patje View Post
                            1. Why get new subscribers the same content als old customers? We have paid a price to get the guides and now we have to pay the same fee per month to get a few new guides. I already have lifetimes updates to the guides, why should I pay the same fee as people, who are new? I would maybe willing to buy new guides this way, but not change my old guides to a subscription.
                            We do this because it has always been effective for us and helps our business grow so we can continue making these awesome guides for you. That is the simple truth of it. We understand that this can seem unfair to previous customers which is why we try to soften the blow every launch by giving previous customers all of our new bonus guides absolutely free. That said, offering attractive low deals to new customers when previous customers have payed more is not an unheard of business practice. Blizzard does this themselves by reselling WoW bundles at reduced prices even though previous customers had to pay much more to buy everything individually. One perk of being an early customer is that you got to use the content for a much longer time than a new customer.

2. What if I cancel a subscriptions? Will alle guides be deleted or just the updates stop? It would be relly bad, if you pay month or maybe years and then have to cancel due financial problems and loose all of the content you have paid for.
                            If you cancel your subscription you will still have all the guides you payed for before the subscription switch. The only content that requires a subscription to have continual access to is expansion content and products you don't already own.

3. What about the old guides in this case? Do I change completly or get my lifetime updates back after canceling the subscription?
                            Those guides you already have bought before the subscription model will continue to be updated per our "lifetime updates" policy.

I think 10$ per month is way to much. Within one year I would have payed nearly more than I've payed for the guides I own.
                            You only have to pay if you want expansion content or our new products. Either way you would end up paying upgrade fees for every single guide you owned and/or large lump sums for every individual guide, not to mention being charged seperately by faction. Our current model can be just as expensive. The difference now is you can get everything all at once without having to pay hundreds. Many players do not play WoW 365 days a year and with the new model they can cancel at anytime and never pay extra when they aren't playing the game.

Now it becomes expensive and we depend on you. What do we get every month worth 10-15$?
                            To recap a subscription will include the following:
                            * The new pricing model will allow us at Zygor Guides to pump out a much faster and impressive stream of updates, new features for the guides, and new guide content on a monthly basis as opposed to the years it takes now.
                            * You will gain access to our entire suite of 10 guides for both Alliance and Horde.
                            * You will get all expansion content and never have to pay upgrade fees per guide.
                            * You will get every new product we ever create including possible guides for new games.

Comment

To my understanding they are not taking anything away from anyone. What you paid is yours and will be yours forever. You will get updates same as now you will be able to use guides you bought same as now. And this will not change even after the next expansion. If you own 1-85 Horde leveling guide you will still own it and will be able to use it in the future.

If next expansion will have leveling to 90 that part will not be supported with 1-85 Horde guide and to get that you will have to subscribe.

This philosophy is the same as it was till now. When Cata came out and you owned 1-80 Horde guide you didn't get guide for 80-85 free but you had to buy it extra.

But decision is still yours to make. If a price is to high for you then you don't subscribe. Simple as that. It is up to Zygor to set the price into range where they get most out of it, to expensive and only few will take it, too cheep and critical mass of a product will be hit and revenue will be low.

For me personally this change is good as i get more out of Zygor then before.

Comment

Originally posted by mick12330 View Post
                                I would be paying by the month for guides i already purchased.
                                You don't have to. No one is getting hit with monthly fees for content they already owned. The subscription is for new content only, or content you don't already own only.

Comment

Working...
                                X