This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to add my 2 cents...

fastest leveling guide on the web start charging a monthly fee so a new person will need the guide for what 2 weeks max?

a level 85 for $6, that make great business sense....

Comment

I feel cheated. Not just pricing but how the change is being implemented.

I bought the guide less than 2 months ago and now I am faced with a subscription model. Yes I understand that I do not need to pay for my current guide again, but only for new guides. The leveling guide is what the guide is built on. Instead, to get the dailies, I will have to pay a subscription rate that is the same to what the next person pays for the entire suite. Ridiculous.

Browsing through the forum, I see some people comparing it to wow itself. The two cannot be compared. Wow is the game itself. The guide is an addon, which is a useless product on its own if the game does not exist.

Updates are merely bug fixes. They provide no new functionality unless you are refering to dailies/events. I have had to upgrade my leveling guide a couple of times now. These are bug fixes. I wouldnt go around brandishing such updates. As a consumer, I expect bugs to be fixed. Having said that, when bugs are fixed promptly, it increases customers faith and loyalty to the product.

The least Zygor could have done is allow current mode of purchases to continue till the day the subscription kicks in or give current owners a couple free months of subscription. That would have prevent most of the backlash on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by adashel View Post
        I feel cheated. Not just pricing but how the change is being implemented.

I bought the guide less than 2 months ago and now I am faced with a subscription model. Yes I understand that I do not need to pay for my current guide again, but only for new guides. The leveling guide is what the guide is built on. Instead, to get the dailies, I will have to pay a subscription rate that is the same to what the next person pays for the entire suite. Ridiculous.

Browsing through the forum, I see some people comparing it to wow itself. The two cannot be compared. Wow is the game itself. The guide is an addon, which is a useless product on its own if the game does not exist.

Updates are merely bug fixes. They provide no new functionality unless you are refering to dailies/events. I have had to upgrade my leveling guide a couple of times now. These are bug fixes. I wouldnt go around brandishing such updates. As a consumer, I expect bugs to be fixed. Having said that, when bugs are fixed promptly, it increases customers faith and loyalty to the product.

The least Zygor could have done is allow current mode of purchases to continue till the day the subscription kicks in or give current owners a couple free months of subscription. That would have prevent most of the backlash on the forum.
        this is just screaming that he want to be paid for them bug fixes

Comment

All i want to know is will there be a trial period to try out the new guides???
          and if so would it be passable to say just get one of the guides at a lower price if thats the only one we want?
          Like say I want the mount/pet and professions could i get them for say $2.00 a month?

Comment

Originally posted by brianb905
            Yeah, well, I bought WoW and Zygor guides pretty much at the same time. The first 2 or 3 months of my play time, there was a 20 or 30 quest long quest chain that was completely wrong in Felwood. So much for prompt updates. Already gave a bad feeling, now this. People just want to feel like they are being treated fairly. I bought multiple guides a few months ago when I bought the game, and it just doesn't seem fair that I pay $60+ and a sub fee, and new subscribers just pay the sub fee. When I deal with a company, I want to feel like I am getting the same deal as everybody else, and we are all treated fairly. I don't feel that way here. I feel like I have paid more money than the next guy for the same product. Seems unfair, especially for those of us who JUST bought the product.
            No it is not going to be like that, He is saying for the new guides that are about to launch. the one you have now will still be updated till next expac is what I am getting out of this.. but this is a bad tactic as he is going to be forcing people to sub if they want a guide for next xpac

Comment

Originally posted by kanadian View Post
              No it is not going to be like that, He is saying for the new guides that are about to launch. the one you have now will still be updated till next expac is what I am getting out of this.. but this is a bad tactic as he is going to be forcing people to sub if they want a guide for next xpac
              I think we all understand that updates will be free till next expansion. When an expansion is released, its an upgrade, not a update. There is a difference and if they charge for upgrades, its only right they do so.

However, it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth that I have to subscribe to build upon what I have recently purchased (which is also offered in the subscription) Even if its a couple dollars a month, its still expensive. It is justifiable for the one time payment fee to be expensive because all the so called 'free' updates are factored in, the customer gets to keep the product and not just rent it. However if its a subscription based system...especially for newer customers, its a bad deal all in all.

Having said all these, its not going to make a difference to the outcome....so can anyone name other guides out there that are similar to zygor? :P ha!

Comment

Is there an echo in the room? lol

Comment

Yesterday when I intitially read about the subscription changes to Zygor I had many questions and concerns and I voiced those in the forum, after reading the details I am happily pleased with the way you intend to handle long standing customers and even with the pricing options.

I only wish all this had come out yesterday, would have saved you a lot of time answering all those concerns. I think you will find that for most of us that have been with Zygor through many expansions we understand the need for change and the time and effort it takes to compile all the infomation for the guides and the UI to make it work in-game. But as a community Zygor should understand that we will always ask questions about changes. My only suggestions would be that when it comes time for changes again...and that time will come. Maybe you just give us all the information at once, it really is hard to have an informed optnion or decision without all the information.

Comment

From what I have read so far there are 2 options.
                    1) 1 time fee for the guide including updates for that expansion, for previous owners 1 time fee for each expansion including the upgrades.

The one time fee is good for the expansion plus updates, if you quit for a year and come back you re downolad the files previously purchased and the guides are good up to the last update for the expansion purchased. If youwant the new expansions you can pay the 1 time upgrade fees to catch up or use the subscription method.

2) Monthly subscription.
                    The subscription method lets you download the current version and as long as you continue paying, any updates as well as expanions. The moment you discontinue paying your account is saved to that expansion plus updates to that point. You quit for a year and come back you can reinstall Zygor to the saved point, after that if you want the current upgrades you start paying the subscription fee again and it catches you up.

Comment

Originally posted by ahill0101 View Post
                      Yesterday when I intitially read about the subscription changes to Zygor I had many questions and concerns and I voiced those in the forum, after reading the details I am happily pleased with the way you intend to handle long standing customers and even with the pricing options.

I only wish all this had come out yesterday, would have saved you a lot of time answering all those concerns. I think you will find that for most of us that have been with Zygor through many expansions we understand the need for change and the time and effort it takes to compile all the infomation for the guides and the UI to make it work in-game. But as a community Zygor should understand that we will always ask questions about changes. My only suggestions would be that when it comes time for changes again...and that time will come. Maybe you just give us all the information at once, it really is hard to have an informed optnion or decision without all the information.
                      The options mentioned are in the suggestion stage only. Right now, there's only the flat 6/8 dollar/month fee. I pointed out the idea of having the options available, but we'll have to wait for Zygor to come up with an answer for the idea I had. I did so with the casual player (both financially and in game) in mind.
                      My avatar is an actual photo of me. Nice or ugly?

Comment

I am done for the sole reason of "Zygor Support 2" insulting my intelligence

Comment

Sorry Zygor but my skepticism is to deeply ingrained to let me believe this is a good deal for the customer. I think one of my main concerns is what I read on the affiliates page, what disturbs me is the way you sell yourself to others. One set of words keeps echoing through my mind as I've been experiencing these events, words printed on this site, tucked away inconspicuously on a page with an innocuous link:

[qoute]Start Raking in Cash Today[/quote]

My instincts tell me this reflects your attitude, this is the sort of wording I expect to see on a scamming site. I see you have changed the % cut for affiliates now, I feel more changes are needed.

I don't want to get into an entire post of gnome kicking but I believe the community has now seen a glimpse of the true company colours. I'm beginning to feel there are bigger issues than pricing at work here.

Perhaps I will subscribe, perhaps I wont, but this makes me feel like my favorite gnome is seeing someone behind my back.

Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dramed View Post
                            Sorry Zygor but my skepticism is to deeply ingrained to let me believe this is a good deal for the customer. I think one of my main concerns is what I read on the affiliates page, what disturbs me is the way you sell yourself to others. One set of words keeps echoing through my mind as I've been experiencing these events, words printed on this site, tucked away inconspicuously on a page with an innocuous link:

[qoute]Start Raking in Cash Today

If the purpose of this post is to criticize Zygor for treating this like a business that needs to be profitable, and encourage affiliate advertising... thats absolutely moronic. Any service you receive to be profitable to the company providing it. I have no issues for Zygor using the affiliate program and it makes complete sense in the online WoW market.

--

My reaction to the Zygor FAQ: Bravo! I'm ready to buy

Comment

I really hope Zygor and his staff are paying close attention to this thread - apart from a handful of people that support the new subscription system, the VAST majority of current Zygor customers and quite a few potential customers are unsupportive and even angered by the new system.

I have bought every guide Zygor has released over the last couple of years but certainly don't feel that getting the 6 "vanity" guides are worth the full subscription price that new customers would pay for the levelling guides as well.

I feel the only way that it will work for old customers is if the new guides are made available on their own for a much lower subscription (like $1.99 per month) - that way people that have bought the guides outright can still take advantage of the new guides without paying again for what they already have.

I can see the value in new customers paying the low(ish) monthly fee to get access to all guides but the same monthly fee for people that already own the guides (and will be getting lifetime updates and option to buy future expansion upgrades) is just unfair.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm still a HUGE fan of the guide itself and all of the people that had input in making & maintaining them but this new payment system needs to be looked at a lot closer before it's implemented.

Comment

Good to see that Zygor has cut the insane subscription-rate we see yesterday !
                                Anyhow, i still do not see any benefit (for me) apart from 6 new "ludicrous" guides so i will stay with the one-time fee for upgrading my existing guides.
                                BUT, i would really be interested to see the future price for upgrading !
                                Cause, if you increase it impertinently just to drive your customers to subscription you will finaly loose me (and i'm sure many others) as a customer !

Comment

Working...
                                X