This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assuming you paid November 18th, 2010, and you only bought one faction:

November 2010 - September 2011 = 10 months.
    10 * $5.99 = $59.9.

If you purchased both factions, you actually got the bargain.
    It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by aere View Post
      Why not just raise your prices for a one time charge? Help this gal out. I need my WoW fix at time and to me Zygor guides are a big part of my enjoyment.
      We can explain exactly why this option is preferable to both our customers and our business. Due to the constantly changing nature of the game the one time fee option does not match the work required to keep the guides updated. Small monthly payments is a much more fitting system that will allow us to not only keep the guides updated with fresh new regular content but will also open up the possibility of new features and new guides (possibly for other games), so it really benefits everyone.
      Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

So basically my upgrades will no longer be free and I have to pay a one time fee for expansion even though I was promised lifetime free updates when I made my purchase of the guides? If this is the case that to me isn't fair. I should be able to get my updates free as per the offer you made when I got them.

Comment

Originally posted by jellybean7169 View Post
          So basically my upgrades will no longer be free and I have to pay a one time fee for expansion even though I was promised lifetime free updates when I made my purchase of the guides? If this is the case that to me isn't fair. I should be able to be my updates free as per the offer you made when I got them.
          Upgrades haven't been free for five years. You obtain updates for a lifetime, but if you want access to the new expansion content of the guide, you have to pay a small fee.
          It may seem narcissistic to link this, but it's awesome nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
            6 to 9 guides, rated number one in the market, with upgrades for every expansion, includes any future product released by Zygor Guides, consistent updates, 24/7 support for at most $7.99/mo, and you doubt weather you're getting value for your buck? Hmm...
            As long as you use every guide every month you are getting their value.
            But if these were stand-alone, almost nobody would buy them all. The new guides don't really have much of what you would call "replay-ability" if this was a game, most people wouldn't need or want this for all their characters, the meat of the product clearly lies in the leveling guides.

Originally posted by silverhawk11 View Post
            The Netflix debate has been covered in the other main thread :P. You still have access to the guides you own now, and you can still upgrade them each time an expansion is released. However, to obtain the new guides that are released:

- Events
            - Titles
            - Achievements
            - Pets & Mounts
            - Leveling (new to some members, not all)
            - Professions
            - Dailies (new to some members, not all)
            - Macros

Then you must have an active subscription with Zygor Guides.
            Events are part of the daily guides for current customers, they are called "Dailies and Events" guides

Comment

A POSSIBLE SOLUTION FOR CURRENT MEMBERS

I realize I am not an active participant in the forum arena; however, after reading these posts I felt compelled to become active on this issue. I am sure that "Zygor" has reviewed all aspects of their decision and believe that they have provided an acceptable compromise for the current members. Without reiterating everything that has already been said, I would like to offer this possible solution to Zygor. This may already have been addressed and, if so, I apologize for missing the information.

Possible solution: Offer the subscription to the current members at a somewhat reduced rate than what the new members will be paying.

This solution would be advantageous to both sides. Zygor will still be meeting their goal of a subscription based business and the current members will be receiving a discount based on their customer loyalty.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_wow View Post
                I am opposed to a monthly fee.

Charge me once, a fair price like you have always done.

Zygor has always been a superior product with a honest marketing scheme.

I had another leveling guide who changed things in midstream and went bankrupt.

I would say offer both options, monthly or flat, but it would be pretty strange to charge 6 bucks a month to help play a 15 buck a month game...

If we go to monthly, I will not play. But I am only one. I love Zygor guides, but I can live without them...

Just my $.02

That's cool.. Then stay away from the NEW items they offer and only upgrade your levelling guide.
                They did say in their post... and I quote

"-------------------------------------------------------------
                Previous Customers:
                -------------------------------------------------------------

You will continue receiving updates to the products you've
                already purchased before the introduction of subscriptions.
                When an expansion is released, we will still offer the option
                to Upgrade your products (whichever you purchased before
                subscriptions) with a one-time fee."

Comment

As a customer for a couple of years now, this news is certainly far more pleasing.
                  Though I will admit I can not see many ‘old’ customers picking up subbing for the six new guides – some of which I admit I am bemused about – a Mount Guide????

The only one I would be remotely interested in would be the Profession Guide. But to pay a monthly fee for it, and get 5 other guides I don’t want simply doesn’t appeal to me. A one off price of $10 to $15 for the Profession Guide and I would buy it. This new format would have me paying $36 in 6 months for the one guide I want.

That said, there are excellent Profession Guides on the net for free.

Comment

So basically my upgrades will no longer be free and I have to pay a one time fee for expansion even though I was promised lifetime free updates when I made my purchase of the guides? If this is the case that to me isn't fair. I should be able to get my updates free as per the offer you made when I got them.
                    You yourself used both the upgrade and update terms. You get free updates for life for the content you've purchased. This includes patches, zone re-vamps, etc. If Blizzard releases an expansion that has brand new zones you don't currently own guides to those zones so you would need to upgrade your guides to get access to that stuff. Updates are free, upgrades for new content cost. This is the way it's been since Zygor started.
                    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Upgrades (expansions) were never free, UPDATES are.... so no change there.

Comment

We have always charged for expansion upgrades for the past 5 years. Lifetime updates means if you buy a 1-85 guide the 1-85 portion will be updated for free for life. Expansions add in brand new content you have not payed for and are sold separately. This is not a new policy.
                        Zygor Guides Creative Director

Comment

Originally posted by Zygor Support 2 View Post
                          We can explain exactly why this option is preferable to both our customers and our business. Due to the constantly changing nature of the game the one time fee option does not match the work required to keep the guides updated. Small monthly payments is a much more fitting system that will allow us to not only keep the guides updated with fresh new regular content but will also open up the possibility of new features and new guides (possibly for other games), so it really benefits everyone.
                          So how regular are we talking about here and will this included faster pump out of bug fixes. And is there any thing on the horizon as far as "new features" or "other games"?

Comment

at this point i can say i will never pay any mothly fee for the guide. if there will be an option to get all guides for a one time payment even if its 100$ i would pay it. if not then good bye zygor.

Comment

I'm also concerned about the technical method you will use to verify the subscription. You may not be messing with "my files" but you are obviously doing some type of file check on my system. Can you give a more detailed answer to how this will work.

From a subscription part of the issue, I think it is very wrong to string everyone along with a promise of the achievement and professions guide only to change the rules in the middle of the game. Five dollars or fourteen dollars is not an issue to me, it the ethical behavior that I have a problem with.

Comment

Ok for all of those who are not tech savvy, I hope you read this quick as it may get deleted.
                                Blizzard removed the api coding that allowed addons to access external programs, therefore, the guides can't connect to any servers just to make sure you have an active sub. That is done via the Zygor launcher. If you're dishonest enough to not keep up with the 6 or 8 dollar a month thing then you should die in a chemical fire, but anyhow, the Zygor launcher connects directly to the servers here and updates the guide once you click the update button. It downloads the files to your PC. If you cancel your sub, the only way those files will get deleted is if you run the Zygor launcher and tell it to update or repair b/c it will then check your sub status and promptly add/remove the guides to match your status. Legally, noone can access your PC unless you give them permission. Which means that not even Zygor or his team can delete ANYTHING from your PC without facing serious jail time. Honestly, I'm surprised that there are people using the internet that don't already know these things. I can handle the 8 a month for both factions, even with my very limited income. I don't see why anyone else can't.

Comment

Working...
                                X