Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You must have misunderstood the target audience of my rant there andyst2409. I don't have a problem with people that are voicing their concerns of the subscription vs. one time payments and those with limited budgets. My rant was directed to the many posts in this thread of people that complain about a new person getting the guides for $6 when they just recently paid $60 for their guides. They're making these posts without even considering the fact that they got the guides for much cheaper than those who purchased before them.
    My Flight Path Follies guide

A pessimist knows all women are bad... an optimist hopes they are.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

All foreign languages are done with Google Translate.

Comment

Originally posted by phantomhawk View Post
      You are a customer service genius, not.

So customers come up with valid complaints, and your answer is to throw abuse.

This hat on, hat off thing doesnt work, you are a paid lacky, so stfu, people are entitled to their opinion.
      I am not paid to be a moderator. Myself and all the others here who are forum moderators are paying customers like yourself and we're entitled to have our own opinions on the products we have purchased. I only did the /moderator hat off thing so people would know it's my personal opinion. And in the future, before you want to try to throw someone under the bus please make sure you have all the facts first so you don't look like a total idiot.

Comment

All this is as chaff before the wind, dont worry about it guys, it isn't going to happen.

Blizz have clearly said they WILL NOT allow this to go ahead.

Subscribe and you will get your account banned.

Whatever the likes of Cabby and Cook say, just do it, get banned, and then send me an email saying "you were right"

YOU WILL GET BANNED.

Blizz stopped Carbonite from doing this, and they will stop Zygor too.

Blizz policy is that third parties are not allowed to charge for addons. Now I know people have got away with it in the past by saying that the the addon is free. But charge for the information that it contains.

But here Zygor are clearly charging for the addon, you can,t use it unless you pay.

Forget it, or get banned.

Comment

I bough the Alliance guide a while back before the subscription was mentioned, i am on a tight budget since i am a full time student and cant afford to subscribe for updates.
          And i find it shocking to read that you have to subscribe and in a year you have payed for the program all over a gain, to me its a ripoff and i cant understand why old customers that have already paid for a product where the advertiser claim its free to update.
          Until Zygor comes with a much better solution for customers that have already bough his product(s), i cant be able to pay for his services.
          Wish you the best with your business.

Kind regards

X user customer.

Comment

Originally posted by phantomhawk View Post
            All this is as chaff before the wind, dont worry about it guys, it isn't going to happen.

Blizz have clearly said they WILL NOT allow this to go ahead.

Subscribe and you will get your account banned.

Whatever the likes of Cabby and Cook say, just do it and then send me an email saying "you were right"

YOU WILL GET BANNED.

Blizz stopped Carbonite from doing this, and they will stop Zygor too.
            This has to be a troll post?
            Can you link to the information you are quoting?

Comment

Originally posted by cabby View Post
              You must have misunderstood the target audience of my rant there andyst2409. I don't have a problem with people that are voicing their concerns of the subscription vs. one time payments and those with limited budgets. My rant was directed to the many posts in this thread of people that complain about a new person getting the guides for $6 when they just recently paid $60 for their guides. They're making these posts without even considering the fact that they got the guides for much cheaper than those who purchased before them.
              kk im man enough to apologize when i get it wrong...
              and i got you wrong so sry......i did misunderstand you're post
              hope my boot up your arse wasnt too painful
              regards

Comment

Originally posted by rupertx View Post
                I bough the Alliance guide a while back before the subscription was mentioned, i am on a tight budget since i am a full time student and cant afford to subscribe for updates.
                And i find it shocking to read that you have to subscribe and in a year you have payed for the program all over a gain, to me its a ripoff and i cant understand why old customers that have already paid for a product where the advertiser claim its free to update.
                Until Zygor comes with a much better solution for customers that have already bough his product(s), i cant be able to pay for his services.

Kind regards

X user customer.
                You only have to subscribe if you want the 6 new guides that are being released. The guides you have right now will continue to be updated and you will have the option of doing a one time payment for any upgrades to the guides you own when expansions come out. Again, the subscription is only if you want the new guides.

Comment

Originally posted by rupertx View Post

Kind regards

X user customer.
                  If you paid for a guide BEFORE the new model then updates to it are free for life.
                  You will only need to join the subscription model if you would like to use any of the NEW content Zygor will release!

Comment

Well I have to say I havent read this thread fully but from what I can gleam from what Ive read, I think is the wrong way to go. What has now been proposed is not going to keep me as a customer, it is far more likely to make me look elsewhere. Which is very dissapointing given that i only joined a few weeks ago and piad full price for everything that was available for both factions at no little exspense. This idea will im afraid lead me to maybe look at what other competitors are doing.

This to me is exactly why you find things like this ending up on torrent sites and being used without payment. Maybe your new monthly sub will negate that in some way, but i doubt it as there are always some people more clever than yourself out there who can get round most things.

I would prefer to stay with zygor as I actualy like how the guides work, but Im afraid im not willing to go down the sub route.

Comment

OIC! Was not sure what to think has been so much confusion around this topic that i gave up on reading all the post from past, but thanks for the answer.

Comment

You only have to do the subscription if you want the new guides justme. The guides you own right now will still be updated free for life and when an expansion comes out you'll still have the option of a one time small payment to upgrade your guides for the expansion without having to do the subscription. Again, the subscription is only for the new guides.

Comment

Originally posted by justme View Post
                          Well I have to say I havent read this thread fully but from what I can gleam from what Ive read, I think is the wrong way to go. What has now been proposed is not going to keep me as a customer, it is far more likely to make me look elsewhere. Which is very dissapointing given that i only joined a few weeks ago and piad full price for everything that was available for both factions at no little exspense. This idea will im afraid lead me to maybe look at what other competitors are doing.

This to me is exactly why you find things like this ending up on torrent sites and being used without payment. Maybe your new monthly sub will negate that in some way, but i doubt it as there are always some people more clever than yourself out there who can get round most things.

I would prefer to stay with zygor as I actualy like how the guides work, but Im afraid im not willing to go down the sub route.
                          just to make sure you know
                          the updates to the guides you have bought are free and will continue to be so
                          becasue you have bought the guides already, you will be given the option to pay a 1 off payment for upgrades to those guides on release of new expansions (this has always been the case)

so i really fail to see your problem as i am in the same position with the guides as you and now we have it confirmed that our guides can be upgraded(new expansion content) for a 1 off fee like before rather than the subscription route, for us nothing has changed

Comment

I have worked for several software companies of which all moved from one time fees to monthly subscriptions for various products and we all know how many companies charge you yearly for supposed upgrades to a product ie version 2010 version 2011 etc. WHY? Profit of course. I don,t mind the fact that you have gone and changed the way you pay for the product, even though I have only just bought your guide and if I had known you were going to change the way we pay I would,nt have, thats life, however I find it hard to believe that you are doing it for the good of everybody and not for profit. I for one will not pay a monthly fee, I just don,t think your product provides value for money using that system of payment but that is just my personel opinion. I do think your guides are good, just not that good, but I would pay a fixed fee for any of the extra guides, if in the future you were to offer them for a fixed fee again.

Comment

damn too l8 again lol

Comment

The price is acceptable but I still have an important question before I will decide if I will subscribe: there will be a recurring charge for subscribers or we can pay for each month? I will subscribe if I can froze my Zygor account (like I can do in WoW) when I go to vacation or simply if I want take a break from WoW and activate it again when I play again.
                                If are you going to offer a six month or a three month sub like WoW does it is fine for mee too.
                                If there will be an auto charge till I cancel the subscription I won't probably subscribe.

Comment

Working...
                                X