OR

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've Heard You - No Zygor Subscriptions!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you, i was kinda disappointed with the whole sub idea, i mean im payin enuff to play wow to start with, now i can just buy what i need when i need (i'll prolly buy them all as soon as they come out) ... love u zygor!

Comment

Originally posted by herguy View Post
      Over the long run it doesn't save you money. You think it does because it's a smaller number. But if they have an option to do either OR.. then that's fine, but most will just pay the one time fee. Who wants to pay monthly for WoW and then again on top of that another monthly for the guides. A Monthly sub is just a bad model for this type of thing.
      I understand that Zygor puts tons of work into the guides and it IS the best there is no doubt, but if he is not making enough for his work then just increase the price. Don't try to hide it in a sub based model. Because we are not dumb just because we are gamers.

And think of it this way.. I bet a TON of people that have these guides are people WITHOUT credit cards or a paypal, and got the guides for a b-day or xmas from mom or dad.. so you think those parents that paid the one time will say oh you need me to add yet another Sub to my credit card? Uhm no.
      In the long run Zygor would be losing money and he knows it, that's why he changed back.

The people that say they would prefer a small fee sub just don't understand the concept of what a sub really does.
      Or maybe they do. A sub would save me money.

Imagine I pay 5.99 a month. Now, I have no interest in horde, but I would like to have all the guides, present and future.

That's 71.88 per year.

Now under the old scene, it's hundreds of dollars to purchase all the guides at once (Assuming 20 to 40 dollars PER guide) and then an additional 20 to 40 dollars PER upgrade/expansion. Blizzard is going to be putting out hopefully one expansion a year. That's 40 dollars you need to spend a year, at least. Plus any new guides Zygor puts out.

to buy 10 guides for 40 dollars each is 400 dollars, to buy the expansion content is another 40 for the leveling guide, and another 40 for the dailies guides.

Assuming Blizzard puts out one expansion a year thats:
      Subscription: 71.88 a year
      One off: 400 straight away, plus 80 a year.

All numbers here are rough guesses of course. I don't know what the current price is for the guides and I never looked at the price when I upgraded to my Cata guides. But even if the guides are half the price I'm guessing, that's still a lot more money then 'renting' the guides.

Comment

thank you

Comment

Originally posted by herguy View Post
          Ya, so you would prefer paying hundreds of dollars over time for something that is priced for like $50 in a one time fee?

Makes me laugh when people don't look at the overall picture. Just one year of the sub is around $96..

And what if people only used just one guide.. Makes no sense at all to pay that much for something that is like $50.

You must pay like the minimum payment on your credit cards too and you are happy with that. It's the same concept.

I guess to each their own.
          There's nothing saying you had to *keep* paying for the guide for a year. Play for 6 months. Go thru everything for both factions. Total cost less than $48. That versus hundreds of dollars to buy all the guides. MAJOR price decrease.

The real reason Zygor changed their mind is that they realized that it wasn't a good long-term business model. Which is fine. They do need to make money. They simply should have realized it before announcing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bomyne View Post
            Or maybe they do. A sub would save me money.

Imagine I pay 5.99 a month. Now, I have no interest in horde, but I would like to have all the guides, present and future.

That's 71.88 per year.

Now under the old scene, it's hundreds of dollars to purchase all the guides at once (Assuming 20 to 40 dollars PER guide) and then an additional 20 to 40 dollars PER upgrade/expansion. Blizzard is going to be putting out hopefully one expansion a year. That's 40 dollars you need to spend a year, at least. Plus any new guides Zygor puts out.

to buy 10 guides for 40 dollars each is 400 dollars, to buy the expansion content is another 40 for the leveling guide, and another 40 for the dailies guides.

Assuming Blizzard puts out one expansion a year thats:
            Subscription: 71.88 a year
            One off: 400 straight away, plus 80 a year.

All numbers here are rough guesses of course. I don't know what the current price is for the guides and I never looked at the price when I upgraded to my Cata guides. But even if the guides are half the price I'm guessing, that's still a lot more money then 'renting' the guides.
            I agree with what you are saying, but there is one major point you are missing. Many of us OWN 6 or 7 guides already. These guides are already getting updates for life. Under the proposed plan, if I wanted to get one of the new guides, I was forced to get all 11, even though I owned 6. For the new customer this is great, awesome deal. But for the existing customers, the one's who spread the zygor name by the way, it wasn't going to work. Offering both would work fine, if that is a possibility. Or offering subs for the guides you want, not forcing you to take on all of them.

Comment

Amen Zygor, amen.
              Toons

Level 85 Night Elf Druid
              Level 85 Gnome DK
              Level 64 Human Warrior

Comment

Nice try... I see the guide business moving in that direction eventually, but when you start your business with a nominal fee, plus "free" updates, it's just hard to get your customer base to make the change.

I would recommend subscriptions for your new customers only. As time moves along, you'll have a terrific monthly income that will make moving to subscriptions for everyone an easier move for your company, without such a big lose of customers - it won't hurt as much.

Just a thought!

BTW... your guides changed my gaming life! Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by brianb905 View Post
                  I agree with what you are saying, but there is one major point you are missing. Many of us OWN 6 or 7 guides already. These guides are already getting updates for life. Under the proposed plan, if I wanted to get one of the new guides, I was forced to get all 11, even though I owned 6. For the new customer this is great, awesome deal. But for the existing customers, the one's who spread the zygor name by the way, it wasn't going to work. Offering both would work fine, if that is a possibility. Or offering subs for the guides you want, not forcing you to take on all of them.
                  Your presently-owned guides are not updated for life. You get the privilege of paying for them again with every WoW expansion.

Comment

Originally posted by manicmaniac View Post
                    Your presently-owned guides are not updated for life. You get the privilege of paying for them again with every WoW expansion.
                    I said update, what you are talking about is an upgrade. Even still though. You pay your sub, I pay my upgrade fee. As often as expansions come out, mine is still cheaper.

Comment

Just when I thought you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this.......and totally redeem yourself!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianb905 View Post
                        I said update, what you are talking about is an upgrade. Even still though. You pay your sub, I pay my upgrade fee. As often as expansions come out, mine is still cheaper.
                        Not if I play through an expansion for 6 or so months, memorize my needed guide info, then cancel my subscription until the next expansion. Your cost: $120ish. My cost: $50ish.

Comment

I'm doing my happy dance, cant wait til next Tuesday to get the new professions guide, now its time to go download Battllefield 3 beta woot

Comment

tankm48a3

Great turn around to customer desires.

Comment

Originally posted by manicmaniac View Post
                              Not if I play through an expansion for 6 or so months, memorize my needed guide info, then cancel my subscription until the next expansion. Your cost: $120ish. My cost: $50ish.
                              Like i said, I see what you are saying. But I was not offered a subscription, nor was anyone else. It wasn't available. I already have 6 guides worth of money invested. I can't get this back. So let me rephrase. My future money spent would be less. New customers, you are right. It's less, but for existing, it isn't.

Comment

No mistakes guys. Few companies in the world hear there costumers. Thank you. Best there is best that will ever be in market.
                                ty
                                Om

Comment

Working...
                                X